• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
(V2) Mr. Gela's (animated) Portraits and Name Windows scripts for v.20.1, v19.1, and v18.1

Resource (V2) Mr. Gela's (animated) Portraits and Name Windows scripts for v.20.1, v19.1, and v18.1 3.0

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
DogzNDogz113 submitted a new resource:

Gela's (animated) Portraits for v.18.1 Name Windows - Import of Gela's Portrait and Name Windows Script to 18.1

alf9T0L.png

As the title says, this is a modification of Mr. Gela's Portrait and Name Window scripts, combining them into one and making the former compatible with 18.1. They can be found Here (portraits) and Here (name windows, 18.1). I would ask all those with ruby experience to look over the modifications...

Read more about this resource...

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
Very interesting! Does this mean I can use both at once?
Concurrently you mean, as in showing both the namebox and the portrait? I don't think it's possible rn! But perhaps Mr. Gela will be able to update his script with that feature in the future!

Codex_of_Wisdom

Rookie
Apologies if this revives a dead thread, just wanted to say, from what I can tell, all you need to do to make this work with v19 is comment out the line
Ruby:
 msgwindow.back_opacity=MessageConfig::WindowOpacity
from the messages script.
It's also complaining about Trainer.isFemale/Male being deprecated in v20, but v19 still runs it.

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
Apologies if this revives a dead thread, just wanted to say, from what I can tell, all you need to do to make this work with v19 is comment out the line
Ruby:
 msgwindow.back_opacity=MessageConfig::WindowOpacity
from the messages script.
It's also complaining about Trainer.isFemale/Male being deprecated in v20, but v19 still runs it.
Ooooh thanks for the heads up, though could I ask you to confirm whether it consistently works fine in v 19? The reason being, I'm unsure whether certain crashes that seem to be related to the script, are a v18 specific thing, or not. I will append the script soon due to certain other edits that I hadn't had time to implement yet.

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
DogzNDogz113 updated Mr. Gela's (animated) Portraits and Name Windows scripts for v.18.1 (Possible 19.1 compatibility) with a new update entry:

Basic Implementation of Gela's Name Windows together with the Portrait Scripts

Like the title says, there's now basic Name Window Functionality. Hopefully I'll have the time to implement the advanced functionality Gela introduced for 18.1s older update later.

The next update will detail how to add these to the original "messages" script manually.

Read the rest of this update entry...

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos

West

The Comeback Kid
Tip: Using this in v20+ will bork your ShowArea attempts until you go to line 878 of messages and change pbloadrxdata to pbLoadMapInfos

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
I'll just paraphrase that as is xD xD.

Does it even work for v20?

PorousMist

Novice
I am not sure if anybody is having the same problem (although it is not game breaking), but whenever I close a dialogue message involving choice options and use the key correlated to :BACK or :ESCAPE, it it instantly speeds up any text dialogue boxes within a fraction of a second. Is there a reason as to what is causing this?

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
I am not sure if anybody is having the same problem (although it is not game breaking), but whenever I close a dialogue message involving choice options and use the key correlated to :BACK or :ESCAPE, it it instantly speeds up any text dialogue boxes within a fraction of a second. Is there a reason as to what is causing this?
I will remove it shortly!

Gardenette

Cooltrainer
The Messages link under the spoiler is blocked by my antivirus. And I can't reach the page when I turn my antivirus off either. Is there a place where I can download the script other than there?

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
The Messages link under the spoiler is blocked by my antivirus. And I can't reach the page when I turn my antivirus off either. Is there a place where I can download the script other than there?
I have included it in the thread itself now, so you should be able to access it.

VoxITH

Trainer
I have a question about Name Window position... how can i move it down? In the script section i can set coordinates but it start with 0. How can i write negative coordinates?

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
I have a question about Name Window position... how can i move it down? In the script section i can set coordinates but it start with 0. How can i write negative coordinates?
I prefer a position of:
OFFSET_NAMEWINDOW_Y=20

Y coordinates count from top to bottom, on the vast majority of computer-related coordinate systems. So, the top-most part would be added to to get to the bottom of the screen. To make the window go down, you must add to the number. So you should insert a positive value. If you were to insert a negative value, the window would go up.

The "offset" default position of 0 (corresponding to start from, from where the scripter had set the original value), no matter where it starts from (let's say it starts on pixel 120 on the height of the screen), should be added to with + the value you want.

Back