• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed [Unity Engine] PokéPark Fishing Rally Unity

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Released
Project Version
Hey fellas! Today I bring a small project I made during the Passion Week holidays: PokéPark Fishing Rally Unity (PPFRU).

1619005137547-png.5098

Project Description and Plot:

It's a (non 1:1) remake of the lost DS Download Play game PokéPark Fishing Rally DS where you need to help Professor Grand Oak to study the Water fauna in the Brave River of the Antarsia Region. For those who don't know what the original game is, it's a mini-game you could download on your DS at the Pokémon Park in 2005. Once you turn off the game, it gets deleted. There's no public ROM and the game was lost forever.

Features:

• Simple Gameplay: Just tap (yes, for everything).
  • Cross-platform: The main target is mobile devices, but it's playable on Nintendo Switch, Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android.
  • Variety of monsters to fish and catch:

The current rooster is:

• Poliwag
  • Krabby
  • Kingler
  • Goldeen
  • Seaking
  • Magikarp
  • Gyarados
  • Dratini
  • Corphish
  • Crawdaut
  • Feebas
  • Milotic
  • Carvanha
  • Sharpedo

But I plan to add more mons in future betas.

• Multi-language support: It's currently available in English, Dutch and Spanish.
  • Pokémon Data extractor (as JSON) for sending them to Pokémon Essentials, Pokémon Let's Go Unity or other games.

Screenshots:

1619006019084-png.5099
1619006079883-png.5103

1619006131746-png.5104
1619006174114-png.5105

Future Plans:

• Add more Pokémon: Wailmer, Corsola...
  • More languages support
  • Polish graphics and animations
  • Remake the UI

Gameplay Video:

Credits:

• ChainSwordCS: HD logo and remake of 2 tracks: Game track and catching track.
  • Wowjinx and Funtendo: Making a translated logo based on ChainSwordCS japanese one.
  • Nintendo and Pokémon: For original game
  • Unity Technologies: Unity, ya know
  • Manurocker95: The game development and stuff

Download:

Current Version 1.0.0: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qvs3dOWhbQQfjd64Pwo4TEN9Dam7Nitf?usp=sharing

The game is fully playable as far as I tested. Once you end the story, a diploma is given that can be accessed from the title screen.

Any recommendation is appreciated.

Have a great day!

Last edited:

Manurocker95

Predoctoral Researcher & Game Dev
Some friends are helping me with localization:

Dutch, German, French, Portuguese and Italian are coming.

Manurocker95

Released V0.0.7 with the Fishing-Dex where you can check the missing mons:

screenshot_0-png.5119

Manurocker95

Released 0.0.8 with different backgrounds for each stage. Pokémon data can be exported for usage in other games.

Manurocker95

Uploaded 0.1.2: game tutorial and some improvements to UI and gameplay

Manurocker95

Released 0.1.3: Fix of random waits in some fishes and added random sizes for fishes

Manurocker95

Released 1.0.0: Release version - Project Completed. The rest would be just improvements to the base and adding more mons.

You can now set mons free from Fishing Box and reset the game's data in menu settings panel.

Manurocker95

Uploaded IPA for those who might want to play on iOS. Jailbreak is needed. You can install it with Cydia or your fav package manager ;D

BurningOcean2020

Rookie
Amazing,I never even knew the game existed!Shame the original rom is lost to the mists of history but maybe this remaster can take its place in the name of game preservation.

Back