• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Discussion Does Relic Castle support Net Nuetrality?

This thread invites discussion. Be respectful, but feel free to share your opinions.

Grapz

Totally not slacking off
I know we have folks all over the world, commonly in the States and in Europe, but I was curious if people here were in support of Net Neutrality.

Shgeldz

:eyes:
Net Neutrality makes sense in every single way. Any garbage peddled by anti-consumer/anti-competition broadband companies is so that they can have a monopoly and increase costs, which will only end up hurting the consumer. Internet should be as fast and cheap as possible. It allows us to learn, grow, create, debate, converse, conduct business, and consume product at rates never dreamed of as before. It enriches the human experience beyond comprehension. Anyone who says it's "anti-consumer" or "anti-capitalist" is lying. Net Neutrality lowers consumer costs by regulating against gated content, avoids monopolies/monopsonies that control what we can pay for, and allows the barrier to entry to be as low as possible for more competition which leads to more innovation.

I have not spoken to a single person who is against net neutrality, I have only seen negative sentiment from Comcast et. al.

Shgeldz

:eyes:

Dr. Pikachu PhD

Trust me, I'm a doctor. Technically.
Usually when I meet someone anti-net neutrality they haven't deeply researched the issue and are only against it because their political affiliations are against it. Once we get to discussing details I've never had a person tell me they didn't support a free and open internet.

Back