• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

In Development Pokémon Fallen Light

This project is a work in progress. The content is subject to change, and not finished yet.
This game is in early development, and the reason for it to be posted as a thread is to get fedback one it
International_Pokemon_logo1.png

Introduction:

Long ago in the dark ages...
the world was covered with darkness, terror and horror that only existed in peoples nightmare.
But those were real. creatures not like any other pokemon roaming the land, causing fear and chaos to everything they come across.
people were scared to step outside, even though they knew they can't hide forever
Everyone was hopeless.
and all this was cause by one powerfull monster, that no one dared to face
But one day,
A brave man apeared out of nowhere, he fought his way against those things along side his partner pokemon to stop the monster that was causing all this.
unfortunatly that monster was too strong for them, they did not stand a chance
but that hero didn't give up, he and his partner used some sort of magic on the monster to seal his powers away, makeing it hopeless and weak
the monster fled and all those creatures disapeared and with it bringing light to this world once again
the hero was never seen after that. disapearing like the same way he apeared

Budew.gif
Litwick.gif
ralts.gif
Aron.gif
Shinx.gif

Screenshots

Capture.PNG

a.PNG
a1.PNG

a8_.PNG
a5.PNG

a2.PNG
a4.PNG

A4.PNG
a--.PNG

a8.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG
odd.gif

gifer.gif
the_nodorro_region___pokemon_light_by_lightsword212-dcatalr.png

Features

- new region to explore!
- an intriguing story!
- new fakemon
- new regional variants!
- new typings ???
- optional league
- choices/actions effecting the story(even your starter choice but a minor effect)
- items instead of HMs
- a new type of forms
- a new type of mega evolution
and more planned

Team

TheLightSword :
Lead developer, doing everything pretty much everything.
Nick4000:
Fakemon/Trainer sprites
Stabbler :
fakemon designs
Cubchnoo
Story/Ideas
If you would like to join the team, please contact me or @Cubshnoo with examples of your work, doesn't matter what you are good at, music,sprites,scripting,Ect...
[/tab]

Flameguru
Poccil/Peter O
RMXP:
Enterbrain
[/tab]

Credits

Sprites
Atomic Reactor , iametrine , JoshR691 , Dervelicus

tiles:
Aki , Atomic Reactor , WesleyFG , Alucus , tilergirl , Magiscarf , PinkFl , Kyle-Dove , Speedialga , AceRidley406 , ChaoticCherryCake , princess-phoenix

SoundTrack:
GlitchXCity , abelayst

Scripts:
Luka SJ ,Kleinstudio , Deo

Fakemon designs:
Ammy_shiota , FeralGator

EBS:
GameFreak , Luka S.J , Pokecheck.org , dragonnite , Tebited15 , Eli , lilatraube , Maruno , PokémonEssentials , BadSamaritan

Pokémon Essentials:
Maruno

Join our Discord here

Last edited:

Ludicrousity

Rookie
Love the idea behind it, although the name Darkeus is a little bland. Architium could be a name (combination of archetypus which is Latin for original, and exitium, which is Latin for Destruction.)

Also, was one of the new types Pink type, based off of the pink pokemon from the anime, or was Cubshnoo talking about a different fan game? (It was while back, so don't get angry with him)

Not sure if you realised, but you credited Dragonnite twice

Last edited:

Hematite

Trainer
Pssst, Ludicrousity! I may be wrong, but I think the -ium you borrowed is just the part that made it a noun - for comparison, I would say that it's like using the -tion from the English word "destruction" instead of the beginning part that carries the meaning. Latin uses a lot of consistent/repeated verb endings a lot for conjugation and they aren't really indicative of what action you're talking about, so usually it's the beginning of the verb you want to use in things like this!

As another alternative to Darkeus, could I suggest something like Infreus, from the prefix infra-, meaning below (antonym of arch-), and the Latin word inferus, meaning lower, below or infernal as a parallel to Arceus sounding like "archetypus?"

As always, I'm a massive fan of your art style and Fakemon designs! I think you've posted most of those screenshots before, so I don't have a ton to say about them, but they all look fantastic!! The one thing I noticed is that in the very first screenshot, the tops of the cliff tiles on the left aren't transparent so it doesn't quite match the panorama in the background. It might be worth fixing that! I also think Sarqua (REALLY CUTE BY THE WAY!!!) and Draquafin have very light-colored outlines - it seems like you might need to darken their lines a little bit. (Sarqua has a dark enough line shade on the fins on the backs of its arms - maybe use that color a little more on the rest of it?) Other than that, though, they're all looking really good!!

Now for your story! This is a little out of nowhere, but have you considered using Fakemon instead of Arceus and Darkeus? It seems like that might serve your purposes better! While it's understandably popular for a creator such as Arceus to be part of a light-and-dark duality, I think that since that's not already a part of Arceus in canon, it's a really good opportunity for a Fakemon instead. It seems like your idea of Arceus is a bit more "social" (interacting with humans to create the group of monks that guard Darkeus, for instance) and it's more associated with the element of light and with morality/goodness than Arceus is in canon. I think a duo of Legendaries focused on morality and representing aspects of personality would be really interesting, and your game already has Fakemon so I would see it as a good opportunity to give yourself more freedom rather than less! Basically, I think your story sounds fine but I'm not sure Arceus is right for the part, eheheh.

I'm not entirely sure how integral it is to your story that the Pokémon should be Darkrai, Yveltal and Dark Lugia specifically, but maybe their roles could be substituted as well (a fear Pokémon, an animosity Pokémon and especially an artificial creation of evil all give you really interesting concepts to work with!) so that they'd be more relevant; again, it seems a little awkward to tie canon Legendaries into it if they didn't already have a connection to Arceus (like, say, the Lake Trio/Dialga/Palkia/Giratina are already related to it, but Darkrai, Yveltal and Lugia aren't). Again, I'm not sure how specifically relevant they are or if it's extremely important that they be those particular Pokémon, but it just seems to me like you have a good opportunity for Fakemon Legendaries here and it would be less immersion-breaking or contradictory of canon if you took that opportunity!

To put it simply, I think if you rely too heavily on canon Legendaries, you're a little stuck with people's expectations from canon, so you're either going to be more limited in how you portray them or your story will seem out-of-character for them - it'd give you a lot more options if you used Fakemon, and your story will be easier for players to accept if they don't have predetermined expectations from canon!

I'm not sure how you feel about all of this, though, and I don't know enough of your story to say for sure whether they work or not or whether it would be a bad thing to use Fakemon for those roles. In theory, other than the swapping of some names and species, all of the story roles could remain exactly as they are with no issue, sans maybe the bit about Arceus and Darkeus as the first Pokémon, but that's my perspective after reading just a short paragraph about your region's history, not as a long-time developer who really knows your game anyway, haha - I don't really know how specific you got later or, again, how important these particular species are, so if it would affect your story too much to swap them for Fakemon, that's definitely reason enough to keep them. And I'm probably exaggerating how intrusive they'd be - I'm sure they're fine in-game anyway! XP Just thought it would be worth offering my two cents on that!

Cubshnoo

Rookie
Pssst, Ludicrousity! I may be wrong, but I think the -ium you borrowed is just the part that made it a noun - for comparison, I would say that it's like using the -tion from the English word "destruction" instead of the beginning part that carries the meaning. Latin uses a lot of consistent/repeated verb endings a lot for conjugation and they aren't really indicative of what action you're talking about, so usually it's the beginning of the verb you want to use in things like this!

As another alternative to Darkeus, could I suggest something like Infreus, from the prefix infra-, meaning below (antonym of arch-), and the Latin word inferus, meaning lower, below or infernal as a parallel to Arceus sounding like "archetypus?"

As always, I'm a massive fan of your art style and Fakemon designs! I think you've posted most of those screenshots before, so I don't have a ton to say about them, but they all look fantastic!! The one thing I noticed is that in the very first screenshot, the tops of the cliff tiles on the left aren't transparent so it doesn't quite match the panorama in the background. It might be worth fixing that! I also think Sarqua (REALLY CUTE BY THE WAY!!!) and Draquafin have very light-colored outlines - it seems like you might need to darken their lines a little bit. (Sarqua has a dark enough line shade on the fins on the backs of its arms - maybe use that color a little more on the rest of it?) Other than that, though, they're all looking really good!!

Now for your story! This is a little out of nowhere, but have you considered using Fakemon instead of Arceus and Darkeus? It seems like that might serve your purposes better! While it's understandably popular for a creator such as Arceus to be part of a light-and-dark duality, I think that since that's not already a part of Arceus in canon, it's a really good opportunity for a Fakemon instead. It seems like your idea of Arceus is a bit more "social" (interacting with humans to create the group of monks that guard Darkeus, for instance) and it's more associated with the element of light and with morality/goodness than Arceus is in canon. I think a duo of Legendaries focused on morality and representing aspects of personality would be really interesting, and your game already has Fakemon so I would see it as a good opportunity to give yourself more freedom rather than less! Basically, I think your story sounds fine but I'm not sure Arceus is right for the part, eheheh.

I'm not entirely sure how integral it is to your story that the Pokémon should be Darkrai, Yveltal and Dark Lugia specifically, but maybe their roles could be substituted as well (a fear Pokémon, an animosity Pokémon and especially an artificial creation of evil all give you really interesting concepts to work with!) so that they'd be more relevant; again, it seems a little awkward to tie canon Legendaries into it if they didn't already have a connection to Arceus (like, say, the Lake Trio/Dialga/Palkia/Giratina are already related to it, but Darkrai, Yveltal and Lugia aren't). Again, I'm not sure how specifically relevant they are or if it's extremely important that they be those particular Pokémon, but it just seems to me like you have a good opportunity for Fakemon Legendaries here and it would be less immersion-breaking or contradictory of canon if you took that opportunity!

To put it simply, I think if you rely too heavily on canon Legendaries, you're a little stuck with people's expectations from canon, so you're either going to be more limited in how you portray them or your story will seem out-of-character for them - it'd give you a lot more options if you used Fakemon, and your story will be easier for players to accept if they don't have predetermined expectations from canon!

I'm not sure how you feel about all of this, though, and I don't know enough of your story to say for sure whether they work or not or whether it would be a bad thing to use Fakemon for those roles. In theory, other than the swapping of some names and species, all of the story roles could remain exactly as they are with no issue, sans maybe the bit about Arceus and Darkeus as the first Pokémon, but that's my perspective after reading just a short paragraph about your region's history, not as a long-time developer who really knows your game anyway, haha - I don't really know how specific you got later or, again, how important these particular species are, so if it would affect your story too much to swap them for Fakemon, that's definitely reason enough to keep them. And I'm probably exaggerating how intrusive they'd be - I'm sure they're fine in-game anyway! XP Just thought it would be worth offering my two cents on that!

Thanks for all the feedback, on the name we went for a simple variant since they are not that different. And in most cases animals that look like eachother dont have a big difference within their name.
for the other mentioned legendaries we keep it a bit more of a secret on how they are involved also who knows... are they the real ones?
There are many questions and gaps within that story piece so people would have to think: why are darkrai and yveltal here? Why does arceus help humanity?
I can promise one thing: the legendary pokemon from the cannon games..... forget what you know about them.. cause here are their true origins...

Taq

Sandwich Master
i did some improvments to th OW sprites and made some NPCs with them, i thought i's show some of 'em
Capture.PNG

Those look amazing! But I kinda think Magnemite's shadow is a bit too big, maybe it's just me.
Other then that, they look solid!

D

Deleted member 561

Oh god! Light Sword this stuff is looking amazing! The amount of work that must have been put into this. The story sounds pretty sweet also. Can't wait to give it a play whenever I can!

Maor80

Cooltrainer
You should do fan made mega evolution for luxray rosrade chandaladure so all of the starters will have mega evolution each so it will be fair

TheLightSword

does anyone read this?
You should do fan made mega evolution for luxray rosrade chandaladure so all of the starters will have mega evolution each so it will be fair
All the 5 starter are going to have a new mega, a new type of mega

TheLightSword

does anyone read this?
UPDATE:
changed the introduction entierly.(the introduction isn't the plot of the story)
updated the screenshots

Back