• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokémon: Dawn of Rockets v0.23 is out

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Discontinued
Project Version
start.png

Hello Relic Castle users, allow me to introduce you Pokémon: Dawn of Rockets!
When I was playing the old Pokémon game as a kid, I always wanted to join Team Rocket on the Nugget Bridge, but it was not possible. I always wanted to check out the other side of the picture. My game is inspired by Pokémon Firered Rocket Edition created by colonelsalt and the Pokémon Adventures manga. They gave me the basic ideas for my game.​

Story:

Three years after Giovanni’s disappearance a new hope shines. Team Rocket’s plan to capture the Radio Tower in Goldenrod City was a success. The signal went out. Did Giovanni hear it? Will he come back?
You are a new member of Team Rocket. The team is not as strong as it used to be. The streets are ruled by biker gangs and all your previous hideouts were raided by the International Police. Team Rocket is the past. The remaining executives are trying to lead the group, but are they as charismatic leaders as Giovanni was? You need to gain power and earn back your place on the top of the criminal worlds food chain in Kanto. But are you the only one working from the shadows?

Features:

New reimagined region of Kanto
Pokémon from all Generations
Pokémon stealing system
Choices with impact on the storyline
Boss battles
Following Pokémon
HM Items
Regional Forms
Increase your rank within Team Rocket
Collect intel about your opponents and update the Team Rocket Database
Form alliances
Expand the new Rocket hideout
Explore the hidden laboratories of Giovanni and claim your reward

Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/gvCu8THeTn

Chapter 1: The Big Fossil Robbery - Finished
Chapter 2: Pirates! - Finished
Chapter 3: The Tower of Riddles - Work in progress
--- more incoming ---

In some areas you can see the black empty places, i will add fillers in the next realease
Adjusting battlers/ shadows

intro.png
begin.png
mountain.png
brock.png
city.png
market.png
grenade.png
will.png

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
help-14
Rataime
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

Gen8 Project:

Sprite Credits:
Gen 1-5 Pokemon Sprites- Luka SJ (Static EBS Sprites)
Gen 6 Pokemon Sprites- All Contributors To Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
Gen 7 Pokemon Front Sprites- All Contributors To Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
Gen 8 Pokemon Front Sprites- All Contributors To Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project

Gen 1-5 Pokemon Overworlds- MissingLukey, help-14, Kymoyonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skies, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Kid1513, Milomilotic11, Kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawlooid, Syledude, Gallanty, Gizamimi-Pichu, 2and2makes5, Zyon17,LarryTurbo, spritesstealer
Gen 6 Overworlds-princess-pheonix, LunarDusk, Wolfang62, TintjeMadelintje101, piphybuilder88
Gen 7 Overworlds-Larry Turbo
Gen 8 Overworlds- SageDeoxys, Wolfang62

Gen 1-6 Pokemon Icon Sprites- Alaguesia
Gen 7 Pokemon Icon Sprites- Marin, MapleBranchWing, Contributors to the DS Styled Gen 7+ Repository
Gen 8 Icon Sprites- Larry Turbo, Leparagon

Cry Credits:
Gen 1-6 Pokemon Cries- Rhyden
Gen 7 Pokemon Cries- Marin, Rhyden
Gen 8 Pokemon Cries- Zeak6464

PBS Credits:
Zerokid, TheToxic, Golisopod User, HM100, KyureJL, ErwanBeurier

Script Credits:
Gen 8 Scripts: Vendily, TheToxic, HM100, Golisopod User, Aioross, WolfPP, MFilice, lolface, KyureJL, DarrylBD99, Turn20Negate, TheKandinavian, ErwanBeurier

UberDunsparce - Compilation of Resources

Scripts:

Following Pokemon EX - Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, venom12, Golisopod User
New animated and modular Title Screen for Pokemon Essentials - Luka S.J.
Scripting Utilities - Luka S.J
Better Fast-forward Mode - Marin
Marin's Scripting Utilities - Marin
Mid Battle Dialogue and Script - Golisopod User
Mega evolution (scene) - bo4p5687
Simple Encounter List Window - raZ , Nuri Yuri, Vendily, Zaffre ,ThatWelshOne_
Location Signpost - theo#7722
HM Items - Marin
BW Summary Pack:
Party Screen BW Style - Modified by DeepBlue PacificWaves
- Graphics Ripped by DeepBlue PacificWaves
Summary Screen BW Style - Modified by DeepBlue PacificWaves
- Scrolling Background inspired by Mr. Gela's HGSS Trainer Card Scene
IV Ratings on Summary Screen - Adapted from Lucidious89's IV star script by Tommaniacal
Stat Screen Upgrade (EVs and IVs in Summary) - By Weibrot, Kobi2604 and dirkriptide
- Converted to BW Summary Pack by DeepBlue PacificWaves
- Graphics Ripped by DeepBlue PacificWaves
- Font Ripped by Ploaj
Seagallop - Mr.Gela, theo#7722
Voltseon's Handy Tools - Voltseon

Graphics:

Battleground images - princess-pheonix, carchagui, aveontrainer, 44Tim44, Tacoma29, adrix89,Cyangmou, Saint11, ThanatosIXII,
KyleDove, NeoriceisGood, phubans, TheRedEx, simpsons, noobies, sathergoes, onilink, OC, mingwasmade,
grfxrf,inphy, SinNevesh, Cuddlesfish, KyleDove, KingdomHearts, Magiscarf
Tiles/ Tilesets - Phyromatical, princess-pheonix, carchagui, Dawn Bronze, Heartlessdragoon, TheDeadHeroAlistair, Calis Projects,
Cilerba, Magiscarf, DaNerdyDude, XDinky, KyleDove, DormDude, Alucus, Kyle, AnonAlpaca
Region map - chimcharsfireworkd, xdanx, NikNaks93
Sprites/ Icons - Pokemon Reborn Team - https://www.rebornevo.com/staff/, MakaXSoul-Lover, othienka, Prodigal96, PurpleZaffre, necrolichmon
Other graphics - Filomena Nightingale

Music:

Supergiant Games - Music and Lyrics by Darren Korb
- Vocals by Darren Korb and Ashley Barrett
- Mastered by Hans DeKline
- https://www.supergiantgames.com/
Spirit of the Law - Spirit of the Law Intro Song
Tatsuya Kato - Shokugeki no Soma
Junkie XL - History of Artemisia
Riot Games- League of Legends Creator-Safe Playlist
Joss Whedon - Firefly Main Title
Tsukasa Tawada - Pokémon Colosseum

Inspiration:

Pokemon FireRed Rocket Edition - colonelsalt
Thundaga

Attachments

• city.png
    city.png
    61.4 KB · Views: 507
Last edited:

MMMm Games

Rookie
I like this game, but I question the main character's motivations and the mechanics behind stealing pokemon.

It's said that the reason you can only steal pokemon from children is because the bond between the pokemon and their more experienced trainers is stronger, but what do you care about that?

You're a criminal. Who cares if the pokemon obeys you? You could just sell the pokemon or trade it with another, stronger Rocket member who can gift you a better pokemon in return. Jessie, James, Butch, Cassidy, and Giovanni certainly never cared about this.

If you rob someone and you only steal one of their pokemon, why are you even a criminal in the first place? The game gives you pokeballs and expects you to catch wild pokemon...but why would I do this when I'm a criminal? I do crimes because I don't want to put in the hard work. If I wanted to be a normal trainer, I wouldn't wear rocket colors.

I expected you to be a much more ruthless criminal than what happens in this game. There's nothing stopping you from robbing every person you encounter blind. They're already against you and they're not afraid of Team Rocket, and it's not like you're avoiding jail time by being more restrained with your criminal acts. Dig in their pockets! Steal all their money and pokemon! Who's gonna stop you?

Is the lack of theft for game balance purposes? I feel like it's at odds with the premise of the game. It's you and the rockets against the world, but the player is operating under a lot of restraints. There's an ambush where Brock's minions jump you with all of those starter pokemon, and you just leave those kids behind, their pokemon un-pokenapped.

You could add an infamy system where it's a series of variables that increase everytime you do an extreme act and thus it'll spawn more and tougher enemies for you to face. So the player could potentially create a lot of problems for themselves by going buck wild or fly under the radar by not drawing any attention to themselves.

So there's still difficulty and it lets you rob and steal, but you have to weigh the pros and cons.

Jayanth

Rookie
Is chapter 3 out??

I desperately want to play this game, it's so addictive to me can't wait for next update

WanderingTrainer

Novice
Its a shame this game is abandoned but even in its unfinsihed state I think its worth playing if Rocket Red left you with a craving for stealing more pokemon.

Back