• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Light and Sound types: changes to official species' typing

ISNorden

Fan Game Creator
As you may have read in other topics, I'm planning to include Light and Sound as elemental types in my Pokémon fangame (Lodestone). The regional Fakedex already includes some new species to represent those types -- among them, two Eeveelutions named Uveon and Vibreon. In addition, some canonical species will get new type combinations in this game. For instance:

• The Whismur line will become Sound/Normal.
  • The Kricketot line will become Bug/Sound.
  • Chatot will become Flying/Sound.
  • The Chingling line will become Psychic/Sound.
  • Rotom will gain an Electric/Sound-type form (Speaker Form) when it possesses a stereo.
  • The Noibat line will keep its current typing (Flying/Dragon), but gain a renamed version of the Gen 8 Punk Rock ability -- effectively a third type.
  • Meloetta's two forms will become Sound/Psychic (Aria) and Sound/Fighting (Pirouette).

• The Sunkern line will become Grass/Light.
  • Volbeat and Illumise will become Bug/Light.
  • Rotom will gain an Electric/Light form (Flash Form) when it possesses a camera. (Rotom's vintage trick of possessing a TV set -- at least, in my game! -- creates Screen Form, an Electric/Fairy combo with access to Dazzling Gleam.)
  • Cresselia will become Psychic/Light.
  • Xerneas will become Fairy/Light.
  • If the Alolan "light trio" remains in the fangame's Dex, all three should replace the Psychic type with Light.

Any canonical species (Gen 7 or before) that you'd add to my list? Any regional variants you'd justify? (If it helps you decide... My fanmade region,Thule, is based on Scandinavia.)

Last edited:

Galaxia

Trainer
A lot of these are based off of Pokedex entries and their moves. Also I spent way too much time on this. I hope this helps you and anyone else who wants to add these types! :

LIGHT
Chinchou
and Lanturn, Water/Light. They are called the Angler and Light Pokemon. They light the ocean floors.
Mareep, Flaaffy, and Ampharos should be Light/Electric. Ampharos is also called the Light Pokemon, and it lights the lighthouse in Olivine City.
Mega Ampharos could be Light/Dragon. I think Light and Electric can be interchangeable here though.
Bellossom, Grass/Light. They do rituals to summon the sun. This one is kinda loose though. I have it as Light in my game though.
Cherrim could be Grass/Light, a lot of their Pokedex entries involve them using sunlight, along with its signature ability.
Boldore and Gigalith should be Rock/Light, based off of their Pokedex entries
Watchog should be Normal/Light, for the same reasons as Boldore and Gigalith. (Pokedex)
Finneon and Lumineon, Water/Light. They absorb and use light. And they have -neon in their names.
Xurkitree (maybe) could be Electric/Light, since it is kinda based off of a Christmas tree.
-----------------------------
SOUND
Jigglypuff
could be Sound/Fairy. It is associated a lot with singing, and every single Pokedex entry talks about how it's singing is mystical in some way.
Igglybuff and Wigglytuff, not so much. You could just give it to all 3 for consistency (that's what I did).
Audino could be Sound-type, and Mega Audino Sound/Fairy. It has audio in its name, and their Pokedex entries all talk about its ears and how they have powers and stuff.
I know you said Gen 7 and below, but Grookey's evolution line should be Grass/Sound. Rhythm is a main component of their abilities, and Rillaboom even has a drum with its "its special tree stump".
Politoed, Water/Sound. Their cries summon Poliwag and Poliwhirl, and they gather in choruses at night. They shout and do a lot of Sound based stuff.
Misdreavus and Mismagius, Ghost/Sound. They cry at night, which casts curses and spells on people. This one is kinda loose, but it adds some variety.

Back