• Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly! You can learn how to add images to your posts here.

A Pokemon game based on Norway and a Norse Mythology

TAStar81

Rookie
I have i ide about a Pokemon fangame based on Norse Mythology and Norway.

I have two paths to go when it comes to a story in this game.

The first story is based on when people settled in this region, and started exploring this region,
They became friends with many different Pokemon and began to work, fight and train with them. But there was a special type the people in this region were afraid of and did not want to make friends with. And it was the Dragon-type Pokemon. For people had grown up with stories where Dragons only brought death and destruction to the world. and while still exploring the region they discovered that there were many Pokemon in this region that was Dragon-Type. People were afraid that these pokemon would destroy towns and villages that people had built from scratch and make their lives miserable. But a group of brave warriors decided to train to drive the dragon types out of the region.
This group worked for decades to chase the dragon away from the region. But then one day a brave woman found one of these dragons, wounded and injured. She decided to help this dragon so it could escape from the region. But the more it helped this dragon to its feet again, she became very fond of this dragon, and the dragon in her. She and the dragon became friends and she learned that dragon Pokemon are just like other Pokemon not as terrible as the ancestors wanted them to be. So she decided to travel around the region to tell about this experience. In addition to telling those who would listen that Dragon type pokemon are not as horrible as the ancestors told. So as the years went by, more and more people became interested in Dragon Pokemon. So in the end, there were many who had become fond of these types of dragons. so the elders of the region decided to go to the village where the group that had the job of chasing the dragons out of the region lived, to tell them that the region no longer needed them. But the group did not agree, they believed that dragons were still dangerous and should be eradicated. So there were long discussions back and forth. The group continued to work to eradicate dragons. In the end, the elders decided that the group should be chased from the region. So a battle that went on for many years began, and with a little help from one of the region's legedary pokemon, the region's elders managed to chase the group away from their region. but the group swore that when they became stronger, they would return to continue the work that their ancestors had set them to do. Destroy the Dragons and get some revenge for being chased from the region. Then we come to the present where the group has become stronger and come back to finish the job the ancestors had set them to do.

I have not completely decided how the story will continue. But I hope I can get some feedback for my prehistory. So what do people think?

My other story I have thought of is based on Ragnarok from Norse Mythology. But I do not now have prehistory or history in that direction yet. So I gladly accept suggestions for a ragnarok story.

Sorry for my English. I'm not good at writing English.

Upvote 0

DeepBlue PacificWaves

Producer of Project Lunastone | Failed Dreamer
I have i ide about a Pokemon fangame based on Norse Mythology and Norway.

I have two paths to go when it comes to a story in this game.

The first story is based on when people settled in this region, and started exploring this region,
They became friends with many different Pokemon and began to work, fight and train with them. But there was a special type the people in this region were afraid of and did not want to make friends with. And it was the Dragon-type Pokemon. For people had grown up with stories where Dragons only brought death and destruction to the world. and while still exploring the region they discovered that there were many Pokemon in this region that was Dragon-Type. People were afraid that these pokemon would destroy towns and villages that people had built from scratch and make their lives miserable. But a group of brave warriors decided to train to drive the dragon types out of the region.
This group worked for decades to chase the dragon away from the region. But then one day a brave woman found one of these dragons, wounded and injured. She decided to help this dragon so it could escape from the region. But the more it helped this dragon to its feet again, she became very fond of this dragon, and the dragon in her. She and the dragon became friends and she learned that dragon Pokemon are just like other Pokemon not as terrible as the ancestors wanted them to be. So she decided to travel around the region to tell about this experience. In addition to telling those who would listen that Dragon type pokemon are not as horrible as the ancestors told. So as the years went by, more and more people became interested in Dragon Pokemon. So in the end, there were many who had become fond of these types of dragons. so the elders of the region decided to go to the village where the group that had the job of chasing the dragons out of the region lived, to tell them that the region no longer needed them. But the group did not agree, they believed that dragons were still dangerous and should be eradicated. So there were long discussions back and forth. The group continued to work to eradicate dragons. In the end, the elders decided that the group should be chased from the region. So a battle that went on for many years began, and with a little help from one of the region's legedary pokemon, the region's elders managed to chase the group away from their region. but the group swore that when they became stronger, they would return to continue the work that their ancestors had set them to do. Destroy the Dragons and get some revenge for being chased from the region. Then we come to the present where the group has become stronger and come back to finish the job the ancestors had set them to do.

I have not completely decided how the story will continue. But I hope I can get some feedback for my prehistory. So what do people think?

My other story I have thought of is based on Ragnarok from Norse Mythology. But I do not now have prehistory or history in that direction yet. So I gladly accept suggestions for a ragnarok story.

Sorry for my English. I'm not good at writing English.

Honestly, I think you're it's great. While reading your description, I can clearly see conflict with the Pokémon who wanted to protect it's land and the people who wanted to settle in the region.

In my opinion, it would be great if you make the scaring ancient dragons of the land having a tribe os it's own, thus making a conflict similar to the one seen in Ruby and Sapphire (but mostly Emerald) where two opposing teams have different ideas that clash into each other. On one hand we have a group of ancient tribesmen who lived in the land harmoniously with the dragons and on the other hand we have a group of people who for some reason had no where to go, so they settled in whenever they found.

For this to work though, I think you should make both sides have their own rights and wrongs in the region's history, for the tale of a trainer who learns to coexist with dragons be more impacting

But of course, this is just an idea a had in my sleepless mind and it might need to be fleshed out

TAStar81

Rookie
Thanks for the Feedback. But i gave the story to a buddy of mine. I wil give your idees to him and see what he says.

I now focus on my story in the direction of Norse mythology and Ragnarok.

So I will eventually post pictures and examples of what I want in my region.

exs: What I want as my legendary Pokemon, based on Norse mythology and Norwegian folklore . What new pokemon do I want, based on animals from the Norwegian fauna and which regions' forms do I want for existing pokemon, based on Norse mythology, Norwegian fauna and Norwegian folklore.

So I can keep this forum going and hopefully get some help making this fan-game

Odd_Days

Project Darkness Creator
do you want someone to be making the fangame for you with your input or what?

TAStar81

Rookie
Im making the fa
do you want someone to be making the fangame for you with your input or what?
Im making the fangame at the moment. Its just some Spriting for some new legendarys and new pokemon i need help doing and maby som trainer spriting. But im making the game on my rbgmakerxp. So i don`t want someone to make the game for me. just want some help.

TAStar81

Rookie
Here are some pictures of the creatures I want to turn into legendary in my game. They are all based on creatures in Norse mythology and Norwegian folklore.

Nr 1. Fenrir. Is a creatures from Norse Mytology. He is a big Wolf and in the story of Ragnarok he swallows Odin whole and kills him and he is Loki`s son.

Nr 2. Gullinbursti. Is also a creatures from Norse Mytology. Its a Wildhog that Norse Mytology says that can run faster than any horse even
Odins horse Sleipnir.

Nr 3. Jormungandr. Its from Norse Mytology. Its a realy big snake. Its livs in the sea. it is so large that it can coil itself around earth once and bite itself in the tail. In the Ragnarok Story the snake battles Thor. Thor kills the snake, but Thor is poisoned by the snake and dies shortly after the battle.

Nr 4. Sleipnir. The last Norse Mytology Creatures. It`s Odins Horse. He has 8 legs. it can run as fast on land as on water. And only Odin can ride him.

Nr 5. Dovregubben. This is a creature from Norwegian folklore. He is the king of what we in norway calls troll. He live high up in the mountains.

Nr. 6. Kraken. This is a creature from Norwegian and Scandinavian folklore. It is a huge sea monster that many refer to as a giant octopus. It is said that it could pull large ships into the sea.

The first 4 are my main legedarys like Palkia and Dalgia. The last to are more like Entei, Raikou and Suicune. Not my main but have somthing to do whit my story.

Attachments

• Fenrir.jpg
    Fenrir.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 201
  • Gullinbursti.jpg
    Gullinbursti.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 238
  • Sleipnir.jpg
    Sleipnir.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 217
  • Dovregubben.jpg
    Dovregubben.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 214
  • Kraken.png
    Kraken.png
    740.6 KB · Views: 201
  • Jormungandr 2.jpg
    Jormungandr 2.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:

DeepBlue PacificWaves

Producer of Project Lunastone | Failed Dreamer
Thanks for the Feedback. But i gave the story to a buddy of mine. I wil give your idees to him and see what he says.

I now focus on my story in the direction of Norse mythology and Ragnarok.

So I will eventually post pictures and examples of what I want in my region.

exs: What I want as my legendary Pokemon, based on Norse mythology and Norwegian folklore . What new pokemon do I want, based on animals from the Norwegian fauna and which regions' forms do I want for existing pokemon, based on Norse mythology, Norwegian fauna and Norwegian folklore.

So I can keep this forum going and hopefully get some help making this fan-game
I'll patiently wait to see how you guys unravel this premise. Best of luck

Back