• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

COMING SOON: Relic Castle Game Jam #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
gamejam3.png

JUNE 30TH - AUGUST 10TH 2017
THE THIRD ANNUAL RELIC CASTLE GAME JAM

MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW LATER
(THANK YOU CILERBA FOR THE LOGO)

Fontbane

Not a Russian Troll
Can't wait to get started! I ended up not being to finish last year. Not gonna happen this year! Now I have a pretty good plan for a game. And you guys are gonna love it! My opinion is, the best thing about the Game Jam is it makes people think outside the box for fangames that are short and sweet! One might have Gyms, the other could be a little adventure giving some backstory on an event from the games, or something completely original! Now with all the new resources and stuff available to people, this Game Jam is gonna be great!

Taq

Sandwich Master
This is the year, this is the year, I shall finally work on a game... Oh look it's the 3rd game jam.
Sadly I want to work on my game before the official beginning, but it'll be fun seeing all the good creations that will be made by these passionate developers.

CrimsonTy

Just some guy
Waiting for this all year been making a game before this was announced just to have more complete on it

CrimsonTy

Just some guy
Sorry but a game you've already been working on doesn't count for the game jam :sweat:

Planning ideas and getting a team together is okay, but any kind of work done on the game just spoils the fun and challenge of having the time limit!

Well I didn't do much I have only 1 map and that's the intro gonna start working on it soon just trying to get more ideas first

MadDeodorant

Insert internet reference here
Already brainstorming ideas while studying for my exams. I just hope I can release something for you all!

Arma

A Martian Hyena
Maybe I won't stop working on it after a couple of maps like last time.

...How on earth am I going to get this done?
I feel ya. Never managed to participate and actually get something out so far too.

It sounds really nice though! Can´t wait to see what y´all be coming up with. Hopefully I can find the time and motivation to participate this year~

aiyinsi

A wild Minun appeared!
I'd like to hear a definition for prework. I have some custom tiles made for the project I'm working right now. The tileset is still in work and changes all the time so I didn't make it public yet. Am I allowed to use these?

TypicalJalapeno

Novice
I'd like to hear a definition for prework. I have some custom tiles made for the project I'm working right now. The tileset is still in work and changes all the time so I didn't make it public yet. Am I allowed to use these?
Not sure but:

Sorry but a game you've already been working on doesn't count for the game jam :sweat:
Planning ideas and getting a team together is okay, but any kind of work done on the game just spoils the fun and challenge of having the time limit! ` Aki

Reactions: Aki

Hmm, well that does sound like prework, but since you weren't making them specifically for the jam then in this case please go ahead. One of our rules is that anything made for the jam becomes a public resource though, so if you were planning to keep those tiles private for your current project you might want to use something else for the jam.

Definition of "prework" for the jam: Any kind of custom game work that would give the developer a jump start before the jam has begun.
This would include:
  • Making custom sprites/tiles
  • Writing custom scripts
  • Editing PBS files
  • Mapping
  • Eventing

Basically anything that is actual development of the game, or making things that are going to be dropped directly into the game. Our rule about making resources public is to 1)Encourage the community to share more resources which is allways awesome 2)Discourage devs from just editing their existing project. (Like imagine if the EG team just gutted their game for a submission, that's years of work they'd have ahead of everyone else)

Stuff that's not prework though and you can start doing:
  • Getting a fresh copy of Essentials or other kit
  • Downloading some public resources like tilesets and sprite packs
  • Writing out ideas or even the whole story
  • Mapping out a work schedule to get the game done on time
  • Grabbing some friends and planning a game idea together (teams of no more than 4 please!)
  • Checking out past jam entries for ideas on size/scale, like Attack on Silph. Co, Secret of Cinnabar Mansion, Thyme, Jeff, Umber, Capsule Quest, Rose Gold
  • Getting hyped! n_n

Dr. Pikachu PhD

Trust me, I'm a doctor. Technically.

Thank you SO MUCH for including past game jam spotlights. I'm very new to this community and excited to participate in the game jam, but I had no idea about things like how long and difficult the games should be or what the graphical and UI standards are. Being able to refer to these examples will be incredibly useful (not to mention how nice it is to have a short 1-2 hour fangame I can play through! ^.^).

Jace

Rookie
I was wondering if there was going to be a recurring theme, object, or character at all that needed to be included in this year's Jam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back