• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Creative Music, anyone?

[Insertnamehere]

hi ^-^
lol, hi ^-^

I make music. Please listen to my music!

Don't know if this is the right place for it, though. I guess I'll find out. ;D Sometimes, I do Pokémon related stuff. Other times, I don't. Feedback and opinions would be cherished. :D Also, I'll periodically update this thread with new stuff every once in a while, so come back and check it out!

UPDATE - 16/06-17

UPDATE - 23/06-17

UPDATE - 12/07-17: See posts below

UPDATE - 27/11-17: See posts below, again ^-^

Last edited:

Rhyden

Shuckle Kheen
Your instruments sound really smooth and bright while the bass is nice and firm when it needs to be. They really do make your pieces flow so well! Of course, the music is only as good as its composer makes it, so props to you for bringing out the best of these songs in your arrangements. If you don't mind me asking, what plugins / instruments do you use? I'd love to take a look at them sometime.

[Insertnamehere]

hi ^-^
Your instruments sound really smooth and bright while the bass is nice and firm when it needs to be. They really do make your pieces flow so well! Of course, the music is only as good as its composer makes it, so props to you for bringing out the best of these songs in your arrangements. If you don't mind me asking, what plugins / instruments do you use? I'd love to take a look at them sometime.
Wow, thanks! What a kind reply! *blushes*

As for instruments, that can vary wildly depending on what I'm doing. I can tell you that for symphonics (strings, brass, woodwinds, keys etc.) I sometimes use "Edirol - HQ Orchestral". It's a synthesizer that can (faithfully) reproduce an orchestra in software, rather than having to use samples. It's SUPER neat, if not a little cumbersome to use, as it's from all the way back in 2002. Sadly, it's been discontinued, but you can find it if you dig around a little. Also, this. A free .SF2 soundfont that uses pre-recorded samples. It's alright, but needs some heavy post-production work to make it sound decent.

For synths, I use Native Instruments' "Massive", a frighteningly versatile wavetable synthesizer that can do pretty much anything, as long as you know how to use it properly. I have about a sextillion other synths that I use from time to time, but Massive is the main one.

Oh, and for drums and percussion, I use a mish-mash of many different drum samples, some downloaded, some through software-reproduction, and some samples I record myself. Some really good samplebanks that you can download for free are the AVL drumkits. Comes in pretty much every soundfont wrapper imaginable, so they're really easy to use.

Welp, I hope that answers your question! Dunno if you wanted a novel or not, but here ya go. ^-^ Oh, and thanks for listening!

Last edited:

Rhyden

Shuckle Kheen
Thanks for sharing your tools with me! I appreciate all the information as well.
Here's a little test I did with Edirol and Squidfont. What you said about them was pretty accurate and they both sound pretty and charming in their own ways.

Also I've subbed to your Youtube. Looking forward to whatever you make next!

[Insertnamehere]

hi ^-^
Thanks for sharing your tools with me! I appreciate all the information as well.
Here's a little test I did with Edirol and Squidfont. What you said about them was pretty accurate and they both sound pretty and charming in their own ways.

Also I've subbed to your Youtube. Looking forward to whatever you make next!

Thanks, my friend. That's very kind of you! :D Also, dang. You work fast! :o Did you make that arrangement just now, or is it something that you've arranged before? It's not bad, though.

As for future projects, I'm considering posing them here, on this thread. Maybe I'll just post the Pokémon related stuff, though. Y'know, to keep with the theme of these forums.

Last edited:

Rhyden

Shuckle Kheen
Thanks, my friend. That's very kind of you! :D Also, dang. You work fast! :o Did you make that arrangement just now, or is it something that you've arranged before? It's not bad, though.

As for future project, I'm considering posing them here, on this thread. Maybe I'll just post the Pokémon related stuff, though. Y'know, to keep with the theme of these forums.

Yeah, I just did that up in past two hours or so.
Maybe you can get your team to post their project here as well. I'm sure the nice people around here would like to take a look at it and even leave some comments.

[Insertnamehere]

hi ^-^
Yo. ^-^

Decided to wait for the next couple of productions. The first is a piece that I did about a year ago, the other is a completely new arrangement:

Opinions would, once again, be cherished. :D

[Insertnamehere]

hi ^-^
Heh, hello ^-^

Yeah, I still exist! And I still make music every once in a while. So, since it's been such a long time, I figured I'd drop in a few new pieces of music from the last month or so for you lovely people to listen to. :D

Also, any and all feedback on the songs would truly, indefinitely be appreciated. Even the tiniest comment would make my day! ;D

Chase

Spriter/Writer -- Eevee Expo Host
Expo Team
Let me rephrase that

all of it sounds amazing.

every single one.

Back