• Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly! You can learn how to add images to your posts here.

Platinum 3D Effect

Chalk33

Likes Pokémon Platinum too much
Hey all, quick question. Is there a way to turn off the 3D effect in Platinum? I’m trying to figure out how to make some tilesets from the game since I have yet to find fully completed ones that are public, and I wanted to try to just get them directly by screenshotting the game. But of course that’d turn out wonky with how the DS games started handling things in 3D rather than 2D. I’ve seen reference to an AR cheat that actually handles turning off the 3D somehow, but I haven’t been able to actually find it.

Can anyone confirm or deny that this actually exists, first off? And perhaps what it is? Or I’m open to ideas on better methods to getting the tilesets made than this (I have no confidence in my spritework ability so I’m really just trying to avoid having to do it manually tbh).
(Gosh, the only posts I’ve made here besides the intro thread was about tilesets. I feel kinda bad. Whoopsies.)

Edit: I’ve played around with what I do have available and it’s looking like I might need to work from scratch anyway. There’s some really funky alignment stuff going on even with just the basic ground tiles, so I’ve got a feeling the best course of action is, of course, the long and difficult one that doesn’t fit my skill set! C’est la vie.

Last edited:
Back