• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recruiting Orre Arc: A WAAPT Fangame (Pokemon Colosseum/XD Sequel) -- Script Editor especially needed!

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BittersweetNSour

Rookie
oh4ZjDo.png

Return to a reimagined Orre Region and follow the story of taking down Cipher for the third and final time!

What Is Orre Arc?

Orre Arc is a Pokemon fangame based in Pokemon Essentials, intended as a followup to Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, taking place in a version of the Orre region adapted to a top-down sprite format reminiscent of Gen 4/5. The story is adapted from WAAPT, a forum roleplay which had its own Orre arc in 2013, though restructured to fit a single-player experience; the end goal is a game that would not be out of place in Pokemon canon -- pushing, but not breaking, the boundaries of what a true Orre third-installment might have given us.

What's new and interesting about it?

As a current-gen followup to games from all the way back in Generation 3, there's a lot more room to explore the mechanics of Shadow Pokemon. The impact of having Pokemon stolen and turned into dark shadows of themselves, the effects lost Shadow Pokemon might have if they were released into the wild without purifying them, and further exploration of Hyper Mode and how the Shadow condition pairs with things like Mega Evolution, are all things I want to delve into with this game.

As well, the Orre region is an interesting region that is just begging to have more lore -- it sets the perfect stage for a Wild West backdrop (in a modern age, of course) but doesn't quite have the legends and history that the more prominent main-series regions steep themselves in. Even the few Legendary Pokemon that made their way into the previous games never quite had a role beyond being Cipher's aces, with the exceptions of Celebi and a brief cameo from Ho-oh. As such, I want to flesh the region out more, through new sideplots and maps giving the region more to explore and learn about.

What we have:

Story

As stated, the game is an adaptation of a story that's already written; the original writers have the plot covered.

Music
Courtesy of yours truly, I've been putting the last couple years into slowly but surely developing an original soundtrack for this game-to-be, between remasters of old tracks from the original games and entirely new themes to set the mood for the new version of the Orre region.

Character Art
Official art of the characters of Orre Arc is being handled by Daydre, an artist from the WAAPT community; the gallery is growing gradually, but here's a sample of the cast you can expect to meet so far!

jbKUDk0.png

What we need:

Mappers

So far, Orre Arc only has one real map made, that being for Agate Village (explored in the video below). Though we do have permission to use the maps made by alexdotpsd on Twitter, that's only two towns out of the entire region; if this game is to become a reality, we need significantly more help on that front.

Script Writers
I'll be the first to admit that I'm no coder. I have ideas for content to flesh out the game, but I don't have the know-how to implement those mechanically. In particular, anyone who knows their way around Essentials well enough to make Shadow Pokemon more in-line with how they worked in XD, and be able to do things like tweaking Hyper Mode and adding new moves would be a godsend.

UI Designers
This isn't quite as urgent, since Essentials does offer the classic UI look, but if there's anyone able to offer something a bit more true to the Orre experience, that would go a long way to making this game stand out.

Anything Else
There's no doubt things I'm missing, so if you have anything I haven't mentioned that you'd be willing to contribute, I'd be happy to hear from you!

Feel free to DM my Discord at BittersweetNSour#8213 or via email at bittersweetnsour128@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back