• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Discussion Pokémon Direct 6.6.2017

This thread invites discussion. Be respectful, but feel free to share your opinions.

Kimothy

Rookie
Given the little revival Pokken Tournament has been seeing lately (with it back at Worlds, and a potential mini-leak the other day), I can imagine that may also be a possibility. Most likely though, I'm seeing D/P Remakes or "Stars" for the Switch.

Dragonite

Have they found the One Piece yet?
I want to get my hopes up and say Sinnoh remakes, but there's a nagging voice in the back of my head that says that's not it. I guess that leaves the possibility of another spin-off or Mystery Dungeon or something, I dunno.

I'm excited to find out what will be revealed, but honestly I have no idea what could be revealed! Maybe we'll get 'Stars', or some additional game/games in Alola revealed, although with this he way Gamefreak went with gen 5 and gen 6, I'm kind of doubting that we'll get 'Stars' or honestly even a sequel or a third addition. It's still definitely a possibility though. I know lots of people are kind of hating the idea that the announcement will be sinnoh remakes, but secretly I'm actually hoping for that! Pearl was my first Pokemon game when I was 8, so reliving Sinnoh in Sun and Moon's style would feel really magical to me! (Side note: I hope if they are doing Sinnoh remakes, I hope they really push the whole colder climate thing they kind of had. It would be nice to see them go all the way instead of the half hearted attempt they gave it in Platinum. Plus it would contrast with Alola's climate quite nicely!)

Of course it might be something entirely different, but I'm not sure if they'd do a whole direct just on a side game or something like that.

SmokedPaprika

Stinky Person
I know lots of people are kind of hating the idea that the announcement will be sinnoh remakes, but secretly I'm actually hoping for that!

Man, me too. I still remember being a kid and just waiting for those games to come out. I can still sometimes remember what it was like playing them for the first time, and what a fun time it was! There was just something very cool about those games. There was so much mystery, so much to do. It's almost weird to think that now we're anticipating remakes for them, at all.

I think I'm going to start feeling old if they ever actually announce remakes of those. What next, B/W?

Taq

Sandwich Master
I kinda was hoping a kanto anniversary game, Though the majority will hate it, I just want a game with more regional variants because I never use them and never been in the kanto region.

Jephed

Trainer
Everything seems to be hinting towards either Diamond/Pearl Remakes, or FireRed/LeafGreen Remakes. It could be either one of them. I don't really expect Pokemon Stars/Eclipse.

Fontbane

Not a Russian Troll
Magikarp Jump for the Switch

Hopefully Sinnoh remakes (with Platinum content!). It could also be Prism.

CrimsonTy

Just some guy
Everything seems to be hinting towards either Diamond/Pearl Remakes, or FireRed/LeafGreen Remakes. It could be either one of them. I don't really expect Pokemon Stars/Eclipse.
Yes let's remake the remakes! Wait we already did that...

I want remakes for Diamond and Pearl. I don't mind Red or Green but I really like the Pokemon that Diamond and Pearl have

Also I don't think we will get a remake of Sun and Moon as it is going in order
FrLg---HgSs---OrAs---?d?p---?b?w---?x?y(Possibly Z)---?s?m(Possibly Stars)
(?=Word before the Game Name)

Dragonite

Have they found the One Piece yet?
Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, is it? I haven't quite made up my mind what I think about this yet; I was hoping to see something different before the series revisited Alola but I'll wait for E3 before I start loudly complaining or anything.

Speaking of E3, that's coming up, isn't it? :P

Mozart

Annoying Twit
UM and US is it, well, I can live with it, I'm just surprised that it's coming so soon and a little disappointed that Crystal isn't getting a VC release along with GS. There's maaaybe a possibility that Mimikyu is getting a signature Z-Move? I'm good with that too, I love that little guy. But yeah, like Dragonite said, still too early to really get particularly hype or disappointed.

updawg734

Whats up, dawg?
I was personally REALLY pulling for Diamond/Pearl remakes, but I think there is still hope for those yet. I think maybe just a few more years. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon look interesting, a lot of unanswered questions about how the storyline will be. All in all, I think we should give it a chance, might be really cool!

I hear a lot of people complaining that Ultra SuMo didn't come out on the Switch. I guess I see where that argument comes from, but I personally think they need to keep main line Pokémon games on the 3DS line. Smart move by Nintendo business-wise to keep two consoles alive like this, I think.

Mozart

Annoying Twit
Yeah if it was for Switch too I would feel kind of, how do I want to say this, irritated? Like mentally comparing the two versions like "who is getting the better experience?" because I can't afford a Switch at this point and I don't know how availability will be since Nintendo is perpetually allergic to supplying to demand.

I think we'll get DPPT remakes someday! Just for right now GF is likely trying to think of something new to introduce with it and they're taking their time (though this excuse only goes so far, like seriously you can't think of something "new" for a Pokemon Snap continuation with how technology has advanced? C'mon.)

Vin_Prism

Sinnoh Legends Arise: Trinity Aenigma
Disappointed Sinnoh fanboy here

Ultra Sun and Moon sound fine for the moment, I do hope they develop the original storyline furthermore! I wouldn't mind more information on the origin of Ultra Beasts and all the dark stuff Aether was working on. Also more Lillie yes please. Tbh I don't think I'll buy them ° -°) My 3DS barely handled the originals

COOLTRAINER♂

Rookie
I was personally REALLY pulling for Diamond/Pearl remakes, but I think there is still hope for those yet. I think maybe just a few more years. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon look interesting, a lot of unanswered questions about how the storyline will be. All in all, I think we should give it a chance, might be really cool!

I hear a lot of people complaining that Ultra SuMo didn't come out on the Switch. I guess I see where that argument comes from, but I personally think they need to keep main line Pokémon games on the 3DS line. Smart move by Nintendo business-wise to keep two consoles alive like this, I think.

The Switch doesn't really have enough established base to be suitable for a main Pokémon game right now. It costs at least two to three times as much as 2/3DS you can buy right now, and despite Nintendo's efforts to increase production their goal is to sell 13,000,000 consoles by next April - Sun and Moon have already sold nearly 15,500,000 copies on the 3DS.
This is probably the end (or the begininng of the end) of big-name 3DS support though, I would be surprised to see more titles developed in 2018, instead of a revision/price cut of the Switch or possible even a new successor handheld to deal with the 3DS being increasingly obsolete tech.

Back