• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Overworld Weather moves

Resource Overworld Weather moves 2022-05-20

TechSkylander1518 submitted a new resource:

Overworld Weather moves - Make it rain, and other weather-summoning phrases!

You know what's cool? Overworld moves. So let's make some more!

This is a script that allows the player to use Sandstorm, Hail, Rain Dance, and Sunny Day to summon their respective weathers in the overworld.

Please note that, in order for this script to work right, all of your maps must have their weather defined. (That includes indoor maps, unfortunately. I know, it sucks.) Probability does not matter, so your map can still have an established weather, or you can set it to 0...

Read more about this resource...

lichen

i make sprites , i think
Heads up, you misspelled :SUNNYDAY as :SUNNDAY in the middle of the script. But this looks fantastic, excited to try it out!

austinluigi7

Rookie
Hello, I would like to use this plugin without having it subtract PP from your moves when you use them. How would I go about changing this? I plan on having a puzzle where you'll be using the weather moves quite a few times.

You'll see a section like this for each move -
Ruby:
  for i in 0...pkmn.moves.length
    if pkmn.moves[i].id==:RAINDANCE
      moveno = i
    end
  end
  if pkmn.moves[moveno].pp==0
    pbMessage(_INTL("Not enough PP...")) if showmsg
    next false
  end
Just remove that chunk and you should be good to go!

Arfonia

Novice
hello

How do I make the weather not stay when I switch to another map.

Thank you

Arfonia

Novice
This is explained in the instructions, in the part that starts with "To prevent weather from being transferred over, find this section of code in Overworld."

what does it mean Comment out the line next if !old_map_metadata || !old_map_metadata.weather.

Terra

Novice
there is a very real possibility that i'm just being dumb but im getting this error and i can't figure out why,,, works fine when in a situation where the move wouldn't activate (like when indoors or the weather type is already happening) and improved field skills works fine on its own
zzzt.PNG

there is a very real possibility that i'm just being dumb but im getting this error and i can't figure out why,,, works fine when in a situation where the move wouldn't activate (like when indoors or the weather type is already happening) and improved field skills works fine on its own
View attachment 17304
Oh, nothing stupid on your end, just an incompatibility me and Lucidious didn't consider! The mechanics for this involve deducting PP from the move on use, but since Improved Field Skills means that a Pokemon doesn't have to know the move, it causes an issue when making that check. I think you should be able to fix this by replacing this line -
Ruby:
with this
Ruby:
if moveno && pkmn.moves[moveno].pp==0
(The line appears 4 times, so just do a find and replace)

Let me know if this fixes it, I'll update the download!

Terra

Novice
Oh, nothing stupid on your end, just an incompatibility me and Lucidious didn't consider! The mechanics for this involve deducting PP from the move on use, but since Improved Field Skills means that a Pokemon doesn't have to know the move, it causes an issue when making that check. I think you should be able to fix this by replacing this line -
Ruby:
with this
Ruby:
if moveno && pkmn.moves[moveno].pp==0
(The line appears 4 times, so just do a find and replace)

Let me know if this fixes it, I'll update the download!
all fixed! thank you so much!

Back