• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed PokéSouls: Episode Charmander

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
Charbanner.png

Hey guys, I just released a game I started making to test out Pixel Game Maker MV, and it ended up becoming a full game

it's a combat focused action plataformer with "souls-like" mechanics (lol). Check it out if that seems cool to you.

Basically, you play as a Charmander and a pack of Murkrows kidnapped your sibling, so you go on a quest to rescue them, but don't expect much plot, lol.

I'd say the focus of the game is on enemy variety, theres lots of different Pokémon to fight and they all have unique behaviours.

You can see more details and get the game in it's Itch.io page.

Here is the game's trailer:

And some gifs:

gBJXnU.gif

9OtDCM.gif

YpnAjz.gif

acx%2BKH.gif

x4v%2Fn3.gif

v5pBeR.gif

I love Pokémon and really enjoyed making this game, so that's why I decided to share it, but I know this game is a bit rough around the edges. As I said, I started making it just to see if I liked using PGMMV. If people like playing it, I'd love to make a more polished sequel, especially since I've cut some ideas I'd like to implement, like having more playable characters, a customizable moveset and etc.

Also, I'm sure you guys have heard of him by now, but the sprites used in this game were made by JoshRR691. I reached out to him personally before releasing the game and he gave his blessing, so please check him out on his Twitter, DeviantART and Youtube.

You can get the game for free on my itch.io page:
https://granola-boy.itch.io/pokesouls-episode-chamander

That's it for now, let me know if you guys have any feedback, cya

TheGamingPaladin

TheGamingPaladin - Youtuber, Foodie, Gamer 4 Life
even before playing this i want to see more like this, it looks cool AF and it's very "Pokemon", low on the violence but definitely something you could see happening in the Anime, exactly what a Pokemon Fan Game should be.

also in my headcanon, this Charmander is named Charlie and he's out to save his sister Charice.

Back