• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

In Development Secrets of the Ages

This project is a work in progress. The content is subject to change, and not finished yet.
Project Status
Work in Progress

sota-header-idea-2.png

The year is 1924. The winds of change are blowing in the ever evolving region of Rian

Times are moving and this world struggles with the evolution of tradition into modernity.

After a chance discovery on your family farm of a mysterious gemstone and a burglary in the night, you find yourself thrust into an exploration of the region, hot on the trail of an elusive, secretive organisation with elusive leaders, motives and goals.

Through chance or fate you enter the Pokémon League, a recently created battle network. You may find some of the more... traditional leaders haven't taken too kindly to your presence. Fight, explore and learn about the mysteries of Rian.

Strange events start occurring around the region - reports of strange, maddened people, Pokémon arriving where

they've never been seen before and people, vehicles and even entire places disappearing into thin air!

What is the Syndicate? Who is the enigmatic Count Furness? And what connection do they have to the strange events?

This is an ongoing project and we'd love for you to get involved. Check below for recruitment (DMs only please) and if you'd like join our Discord!

Screenshots

G4MOtVg.png
2ZwhmIp.png

Battle screen
AtRBLCk.png

4Knfhr3.png
38IhUE2.png

Features

• An all-new region based on a fusion of 1920's America, Britain and South Africa, featuring 8 new gym leaders.
  • A unique time setting, based in the past, with a hidden mechanic to allow a connection to the modern-day Pokémon world...
  • Character customisation engine! Choose every aspect of your player and customise the colours however you'd like, with an array of clothing to purchase around the region
  • Mega evolutions make their return! Several new Mega evolutions to bring life to old Pokémon, as well as new evolutions, are planned!
  • Phenomena make their return from Generation V, with shaking grass and dust clouds enabling players to snag rare items or Pokémon.
  • 70+ All-NEW Pokémon to catch and battle with in the game!
  • Rian Forms - unique appearances and evolutions for several Pokémon, including the starter Pokémon Totodile, Cyndaquil & Chikorita. But some of these forms are not like the others...
  • And many more, including an unreal time system, Gen 8 quality of life improvements and a carefully-chosen mix of Pokémon from all generations.
New Pokémon

New Pokémon
Rian will include tons of new Pokémon to discover. What will you choose for your team?
RfkjsXd.png
Tweetleaf & Excalibird
Apprentice Pokémon / Noble Pokémon

Grass/Flying
dHgkhMb.png
Dracozen
Lightning Rod Pokémon

Electric/Dragon
nh3VyhK.png
Chikick & Sekretair
Scrappy / Striking Pokémon

Flying/Fighting
4i2Mmc6.png
Swermin
Neglected Pokémon

Steel/Poison

Rian Forms / ??? Forms
There are also unique versions of many well-known Pokémon, a phenomenon similar to that seen in Alola and Galar. But some of these unique versions have something... special about them.
pCDaTk2.png
Trubbish & Garbodor - Rian Form
Odious Pokémon

Steel
aUlw9s9.png
Timburr - ??? Form
Troglodyte Pokémon

Fighting -> Fighting/???
Lucario - ??? Form
Judgment Pokemon

Ghost/Dark

Progress

We hope to be able to provide a demo for the game by early next year. Currently the first 3 towns and a city with 2 gyms are mostly finished, with progress rapidly underway for the next areas. A demo will be made available for testing once 6 gyms worth of content is completed!

WE ARE RECRUITING!
I'd love to hear from you if you could help us with any of these roles.

• Artist (pixel art): If you've got skill with trainer sprites or tiles, get in touch!
  • Composer: Able to write pieces in a Gen IV/V style
  • Writer/Story Planner: someone with great command of English and experience writing the many events and dialogue boxes that you'll see in the game
  • Eventer/Map Designer: To plan the many routes and cities of the region
Send me a PM if you'd be interested in helping :)
Our Team

Boonzeet - Art, music, programming, direction
Saucecoie - Game direction, music composition
Flaradar - Sugimori art, character design, Fakemon design
GoldLeafSnivy - Fakemon design
G.E.Z. - Fakemon & Regional variant sprites, OW Pokémon sprites, other art
Antiant - Battle sprite animations
Melon Pope - Planning, music
Scarlet Spectre - Fakemon design
AnonAlpaca - Trainer design and sprites, planning

With thanks to, for art, music, Essentials and help with code:
Maruno, Zimmly, Vendily, Marin, Asdren, LuxDiablo, FL, KleinStudio, Luka S.J., Nuri Yuri, GiraPrimal, Flamguru, Poccil, BR0DE0, Snivy101

Last edited:

boonzeet

Developer of Pokemon: Secrets of the Ages
It's been a while since we've had an update, as we've been hard at work polishing the game towards a 2-gym 'fully complete' milestone, covering all art, fakemon etc. Progress has been rapid recently with a huge expansion to our team, and we've got loads of great stuff coming.

Progress updates​

• Welcome GoldLeafSnivy (fakemon design), G.E.Z. (spriting, battle sprites) and Antiant (sprite animations) to the team!
  • 15 fakemon, 7 regional forms and one mega evolution are completed with a further 12 fakemon designed and ready to be implemented. New starters and their evos designed!
  • First 3 routes, 3 towns, city and side areas completed.
  • Character customisation engine allows players to change clothes, hats and hairstyles.
  • Gym leaders and E4 designed and planned.
  • 20 new NPC OWs, battle sprites for most fakemon and loads more art!
For a look at the starters and some new Fakemon, check out the newly-polished main thread.

Also, why not join our Discord! We share fortnightly development updates and videos and extra behind-the-scenes dev stuff, plus a fun general chat.

Last edited:

ShinyMissingno

??? Pokémon
Ooh, I love the designs for the starters! Cherry-blossom chikorita looks lovely! Def giving this thread a watch, can't wait to give the demo a try, when it comes out. Good luck in development, and make sure to take breaks when needed!

boonzeet

It's been a while since we posted an update, so what's new?

NEW Pokémon!
Meet Tweetleaf & Excalibird, Dracozen, Chikick & Sekretair, Rian Trubbish & Garbodor and more! Read about these and more in the top post.
RfkjsXd.png
dHgkhMb.png

nh3VyhK.png
pCDaTk2.png

NEW Screenshots!
The game's art style continues to improve and evolve during development. Check out these all-new screenshots!

G4MOtVg.png
2ZwhmIp.png

6Dgr0CJ.png
AtRBLCk.png

4Knfhr3.png
38IhUE2.png

And an update on progress. We've added 6 new areas, planned the entirety of the first 6 gyms from towns to routes and developed almost everything in the lead up to Gym 2. A huge focus has gone into getting things polished for a (hopefully soon) demo of the first few gyms!

King_Waluigi

The King of Waaahh!
It's been a while since we posted an update, so what's new?

NEW Pokémon!
Meet Tweetleaf & Excalibird, Dracozen, Chikick & Sekretair, Rian Trubbish & Garbodor and more! Read about these and more in the top post.
RfkjsXd.png
dHgkhMb.png

nh3VyhK.png
pCDaTk2.png

NEW Screenshots!
The game's art style continues to improve and evolve during development. Check out these all-new screenshots!

G4MOtVg.png
2ZwhmIp.png

6Dgr0CJ.png
AtRBLCk.png

4Knfhr3.png
38IhUE2.png

And an update on progress. We've added 6 new areas, planned the entirety of the first 6 gyms from towns to routes and developed almost everything in the lead up to Gym 2. A huge focus has gone into getting things polished for a (hopefully soon) demo of the first few gyms!
Are you still looking for help? I'm quite good in Gen 5 style Pokemon Battler sprites and Gen 4 OW sprites. (which Gen 5 is practically tall Gen 4 sprites lol) I definitely could work on Gen 5 ones in prep to help of course. I have a little bit of experience making some OW tiles, but that definitely is not a specialty. I would absolutely love to show some sprites I have made via DM if you want!

boonzeet

Are you still looking for help? I'm quite good in Gen 5 style Pokemon Battler sprites and Gen 4 OW sprites. (which Gen 5 is practically tall Gen 4 sprites lol) I definitely could work on Gen 5 ones in prep to help of course. I have a little bit of experience making some OW tiles, but that definitely is not a specialty. I would absolutely love to show some sprites I have made via DM if you want!
If you're interested, please get in touch via DM's - would love to see what you've made.

boonzeet

Hey everyone, it's been a while since we posted an update here, so we have two videos to share!

Here's our trailer that featured in the Eevee Expo:

And here's a preview of our starter town with the brand new composition by Saucecoie and myself:

TheGamingPaladin

TheGamingPaladin - Youtuber, Foodie, Gamer 4 Life
ok, this idea is fire, even Rian's take of the Trash Pokemon is fire, seriously a bag of treasure is way better than "Heftymon" from Game Freak lol

i wish that there was a demo of this game out, but i'm glad that progress is being made and the passion is visibly apparent, i look forward to adding this to my fangame collection, Liked and Watching.

Back