• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Three Spirits - The 3dPE Halloween Demo - Updated for 2022! - Custom Game Engine

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
ETA Next Version
Oct 31, 2024
F4kLocI.jpeg

Windows Exe | Mac App

More Info: https://3dpe.org/games/halloween-demo - Now updated for 2022!​

The 3dPE Halloween Demo is a short, Pokémon-themed adventure game.

You're walking in the forest when you hear a shout; you realise you don't recognise your surroundings. An old, crumbling gateway is nearby, and a well-dressed butler is beckoning. Can you help?

Version 1.2.1 - 2022 Update
3dpe-hw-reflections.gif

• Mac OS 11 support and other engine improvements
  • Discord Rich Presence support
  • System report button so you can help me debug problems
  • Added SFX when a particular thing happens

Version 1.1.0 - 2021 Update
  • Added a full soundtrack
  • Added trophies to earn
  • Added a new story item in Julia's room
  • Polished the ballroom floor
  • Lots of engine improvements

What the heck is 3dPE?

3dPE is a 3D game engine I've been developing for a few years in my spare time. It's not only meant for Pokémon fangames, but it'll be super easy to create them with it in the future, especially for Gens 4 and 5. For more information, you can visit our website, or the tumblr devblog.

It has cloud project storage so you can collaborate easily, and it'll have a whole suite of building tools. The Map Editor is nearly done, and that's what this demo was made with!

If you want to try making a Gen 5 fangame like this yourself, come join our Discord! We're just starting to get things properly rolling, so there'll be lots of development in the near future, and you can tell me what features you want. And test the software for me lol

So what's this Halloween Demo thing?

3bot-render-19-500.png
It's an example of the kind of games you can make with 3dPE. Because the whole thing is 3D, you can do tons of stuff that RPGMaker can't, like cinematic camera moves, atmospheric fog, reflections, walking on crazy geometry, falling through the floor, etc. All of those are in this game!

The demo was partly designed to show off the engine’s current capabilities, so there are beautiful 3D maps, atmospheric lighting, swooshy cameras, and more. There are no Pokémon battles, but there are puzzles and traps to work your way through as you discover the story. You're piloting out mascot robot, 3bot!

Please let me know what you think of it!

Enjoy the game, and happy Halloween!

Screenshots (2020 ver):

Ttua3yw.png
0Vfe1jy.png
9l8xnRU.png
zGmYUQY.png
6MuwC7C.png
LAJ8kcD.png

Attachments

• banner.png
    banner.png
    287.1 KB · Views: 9,670