• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Simple Quest System + UI 1.0

mej71

Novice
mej71 submitted a new resource:

Simple Quest System + UI - An easy to use quest system that supports multiple stages

This is a fairly comprehensive, yet easy to use system + UI for managing quests in your fangame
[tabs]
[tab=Features]
  • Support for up to 10 stages per quest
  • Complex rewards
  • Very detailed compiler errors, tells you exactly what you've messed up
  • Doesn't save quest data for player (similar to how other objects are handled in Essentials, non-specific data is stored in a separate data file so that quest info is updated for old saves)
  • Plug and play
  • Won't break old save...
[/tab][/tabs]

Read more about this resource...

The_Don

Rookie
How can i open this interface in game, like in your "what de default UI looks like" section?
And can u show/type me an example event of this?

The_Don

Rookie
Why does it say i haven't discovered any quest yet?
I used pbViewQuests interaact with the event and it tells me that.

Sparta

banished doof
Why does it say i haven't discovered any quest yet?
I used pbViewQuests interaact with the event and it tells me that.

Could potentially be because you haven't discovered any quests...

Make sure that you have quests defined in the Quest.txt and that they're activated before seeing if you've discovered them.

The_Don

Rookie
Could potentially be because you haven't discovered any quests...

Make sure that you have quests defined in the Quest.txt and that they're activated before seeing if you've discovered them.

Do i have to mannualy activate them? Please tell me a bit more of this system. I don't understand it yet :p
Tell me everything you know !

MadDeodorant

Insert internet reference here
I got this error:

Script 'Quest System' line 402: RuntimeError occurred
Invalid map id for quest, at stage 0

So I plugged the script directly and this showed up. I went to check and since I'm a moron when it comes to programming and scripting, I don't know where I screwed up. I went and watchd Luka SJ's video on errors and he doesn't address Runtime Errors so... help?

ArchyArc

Lead Developer of Pokemon Sacred Johto
dont know whats wrong with the script but it keeps getting an error with the line

" QUEST_GRAPHICS_PATH= "Graphics/Pictures/Quest UI/" "
im not sure how to fix it as the error itself doesn't say anything and doesn't get logged in the error log

any idea mej71 or anyone?

Deal

Rookie
Is this going to be updated for 17+ with modular menu support?

Xaveriux

Free soul.
I get a syntax error in line 532 when I install the script. Anyone knows how to fix it?

Marina

Cooltrainer
I'm using this script, but now when I scrolled down reading the comments, I'm like "what?!", but I try to playtest to see if there is any errors, if yes I've got to delete it or fix it by myself.

edit: I got an error on: def getMaxStagesForQuest(questID)) I removed the red ) and it worked then

Krahssen

Novice
Hi!
Is there any way I can use symbols like "á" or "¡"?
I imagine it's a problem with the font, but I don't know how to change it or modify it

Thank you!

Scyl

Ironically Unironic Edgelord Extraordinaire
"Is there any way I can use symbols like "á" or "¡"?
I imagine it's a problem with the font, but I don't know how to change it or modify it"

Switch your keyboard to the United States-International Keyboard. After that, you can type the letters and symbols like á, é, í, ó, ú, ¿ and ¡. The standard Essentials fonts suppose these symbol by default.

GangstaNerd

Madness is like gravity
is this script still working? got it installed and get a major error
I used to use this one too and I got the error messages as well. I'm not great with scripting and was able to find an alternative. Modern Quest System + UI 1.0.1 by TheWelshOne is a fantastic alternative, and I confirm that it works with v20. The verbiage will be different because I edited some of the scripts.

Quest Image.PNG

Back