• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed PSFE: Mission Alyssa

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
This is a mini episode that compliments Postscriptum: Fated Epistle. It is highly recommended that you go play that one first.

Available Languages: English, Spanish

It's been one of those days...

For the Couriers in Artemisia, it's business as usual: get up, work out, endure your 12-hour shift and then, if you're lucky, go to bed. While nobody really ever complains (at least when the Boss is around), some Couriers have it worse than others. Luckily, your work ethic has earned you the respect of coworker and employer alike. With a dream job like that, there's no room for the extraordinary, the unusual, or the eventful - routine, and some level of boredom, are dominating your everyday life. Until the arrival of a certain rookie, that is.

~Plot:

You've worked very hard to earn your position among the Courier ranks. After 3 years of training and 1 year of active duty, you were transferred to the Southern Branch of Artemisia. Quite literally, the worst possible post. Unfavorable circumstances and harsh work conditions plagued you for a while, but your superior was quick to notice. Well, bygones are bygones. Let's focus on the now - today is a day like any other - but it seems that there's a special mission up for grabs. Will you take it up?

~Characters:

Alyssa O' Sullivan:

The protagonist of the episode; Alyssa started working from a very young age in order to help her family back in Orre. She gained a lot of experience doing various jobs and was hard-bitten by the age of 23. While deeply unsatisfied with the circumstances surrounding the city, and taken aback by the desensitization and indifference that the organization has been showing when it comes to the adversity around them, she nevertheless maintains a level-headed and optimistic demeanor.

The Boss:

Not many details are known about him. He is way worse than your average boss, in all sorts of imaginable ways. To put it lightly, he is the embodiment of everything negative about a not-so-stereotypical CEO figure. Except he is no CEO and gives the word "superior" a different meaning altogether. The vast majority of his employees are dissatisfied with him - and who can blame them?

Modesto

--REDACTED--

~Setting:

The brightest, most advanced, socially secure, healthcare-friendly place in the world. Or not. What happens in Artemisia, stays in Artemisia. Usually.

~Features:

- An expressive, animated protagonist! Enjoy the dialogue with animated character portraits and pretend it's the PS1 era all over again.

- 5 chor- uh, missions, yes, missions.

- No battles - Couriers aren't allowed to catch mons. At least, most of them. You aren't important, so...

- You can't actually go everywhere. That's right, hurray for lack of freedom. Go do your job.

- A working map! Since your PDA is not one of those bulky, slow, analog ones, it actually DOES have a map. Be glad this isn't a DLC.

- Speaking of the PDA, you can now automatically receive mission updates - you'll never get lost again.

- Gameplay length of about an hour.

Important Points:

Make sure you have played through PSFE at least once. Nothing will make sense otherwise. You've been warned. Spoilers ahead.
Doing so is not required to enjoy the game, but it is highly recommended.

Please bear in mind that while the game is pretty lighthearted and there's no presentation unbefitting the franchise, some late-game cutscenes might feel a bit strong.

Feel free to make a side episode of your own if you want!

Currently Known Bugs:

Some NPC OW walking sprite animations need adjustments

PDA mission description update text doesn't wrap correctly

Credits:

Design Assistant:

Manul

Testing:

DogzNDogz113
Manul
Canneon
Coc(c)oa Butter Kisses
Sandy

Bughunting:
Socratic Method
Yrgulian

Scripting:

S.J.Luka - "Modular Menu"
Marin - "Easy Questing Interface"
Mr.Gela - "Name Windows and Portrait Windows"

Sprites:

Nephae <s> Trainer Portraits Sun&Moon
Wesley-FG <s> Hoenn OWs
N-Kin
supagokuman2
RedKnightX(Jack)

Tilesets:

akizakura16
Magicscarf
DaybreakM
Mataraelfay
manuxd
mysticalmew24
BoOmxBiG
SailorVicious
EpicDay
UltimoSpriter
shiney570
HokoZero
Zynga
Final Artz
Emipuchucha
Cityville team
shugar-tits
WesleyFG
Aigue--marine
LotusKing
Rocket-Dock
*iMezzo
Deorro
EpicDay
Newtiteuf
Aten974
chaoticcherrycake
Burton-kun
Kaliser
Midnitez-REMIX
ditto209
PeekyChew
Dot Art World
ThatsSoWitty @ Deviantart
TheGreatBlaidCarrasco
chimcharsfireworkd
A few rips from Professor Layton, @ SpritersResource
A few rips from The Legend of The River King 2 (GBC)
A few rips from Pokemon Ranger
A few rips from Mario & Luigi Partners in Time

Music:
Postscriptum Main Theme - Guillaume de Machaut+ (1300 A.D.) – “Douce Dame Jollie”
PSFE OST - DogznDogz113, Aenaon Sounds
Midi Versions - DogznDogz113

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Luka S.J.
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
help-14
Rataime
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
and everyone else who helped out

Screenshots:

bvRawpM.png

LuZv9w0.png

MCO9A6m.png

Ouh1T1e.png

toau8tr.png

AcMyVKY.png

Download:

This is a side episode of Postscriptum: Fated Epistle. We highly recommend that you go play that first. It goes without saying that there's a lot of spoilers.

Last edited:

Aurora

Trainer
This surprised me! I expected courier business and then I saw the reborn world and the quests. So good.

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
This surprised me! I expected courier business and then I saw the reborn world and the quests. So good.
Thank you, this is a very short side episode that compliments the main game (yet unfinished) the prequel of which (finished) is out now! Its called the First Journey (link in signature). It's a 6-8 hour long game, very conventional compared to the main game, with a lot of cool stuff.

Though wouldn't say it takes place in a "reborn-world"-since it's neither inspired by, or trying to imitate reborn in any way, including WB and themes.
I also forgot to update the link, sigh, you played on an older version?

Version 1.2:
  • Thanks to Manul, MA has a mostly complete Spanish translation now! (some script-bound stuff like mission descriptions couldn't be translated)
  • Most tracks upgraded with vst instruments
  • Fixed typos and some grammar

Last edited:

Aurora

Trainer
Thank you, this is a very short side episode that compliments the main game (yet unfinished) the prequel of which (finished) is out now! Its called the First Journey (link in signature). It's a 6-8 hour long game, very conventional compared to the main game, with a lot of cool stuff.

Though wouldn't say it takes place in a "reborn-world"-since it's neither inspired by, or trying to imitate reborn in any way, including WB and themes.
I also forgot to update the link, sigh, you played on an older version?

Version 1.2:
  • Thanks to Manul, MA has a mostly complete Spanish translation now! (some script-bound stuff like mission descriptions couldn't be translated)
  • Most tracks upgraded with vst instruments
  • Fixed typos and some grammar
I downloaded it from another site romhack something. I checked the first journey and the Postscriptum. And i like them but it seems that you can play only as a guy. I really hope to do a female option in Postscriptum.

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
I downloaded it from another site romhack something. I checked the first journey and the Postscriptum. And i like them but it seems that you can play only as a guy. I really hope to do a female option in Postscriptum.
Oh we apologize, but we can't change that. Aside from spoiler-related reasons, there's also the matter of PS characters being established, predefined characters. All three games, including M:A use set-characters. It's a JRPG trope among other things, but also roleplaying in general involves playing as a particular character anyway.

Also from a thematic perspective, one of PS' strongest themes is empathy, despite differences in physical traits, appearance or anything else. That's why the player is asked to empathize with the cast of main characters respective to each entry (PS MC, Alyssa, Oak). The player is encouraged to put themselves in the shoes of these characters in the first place, so even if you personally find it hard to play when your choice is not supported, it might still be a good experience!

Thank you for playing M:A!

PS: Please avoid downloading games from those sites. Not only do they actively try to monetize free content, either by using ad links, or by manipulating the game's files in some rarer cases, but they also disrespect developer and player alike due to capitalizing on the work of others, and discrediting free derivative works in general.

EDIT: Updated Link (fixed a bug that got you stuck if you tried to enter a building in SW)

Last edited:
Back