• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Pokemon Essentials RSE (Battle) Abandoned

Salrei’s Hope

Rookie
Salrei’s Hope submitted a new resource:

Pokemon Essentials RSE (Battle) - A lot of graphics from RSE, ready to use in Pokemon Essentials

This is my first resource, so anything I miss please tell me. This is a compilation of graphics for turning your battle scene into an RSE-style battle. I will be updating this to add the party, summary, and other screens in the RSE style. Included is a "Battle" folder that goes in Graphics/Pictures. There is also the PokeBattle_Scene and Pokebattle_SceneConstants to make the graphics appear in the correct place on the screen. Also included are sprites ripped from Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald...

Read more about this resource...

Tristantine The Great

Thunderfist
I love this resource, but I'm having trouble implementing it. For example, when editing "PokeBattle_SceneConstants" within the script editor, there are some things missing. I do not see a lot of things that your text document mentions. MessageBaseColor and MessageShadowColor are there, but after that I don't see MenuBaseColor, MenuShadowColor, etc. like your document suggests. Thus may be a v18 issue, but I'm a novice so I'm not sure.

I love this resource, but I'm having trouble implementing it. For example, when editing "PokeBattle_SceneConstants" within the script editor, there are some things missing. I do not see a lot of things that your text document mentions. MessageBaseColor and MessageShadowColor are there, but after that I don't see MenuBaseColor, MenuShadowColor, etc. like your document suggests. Thus may be a v18 issue, but I'm a novice so I'm not sure.
Unless maybe I'm supposed to just copy and paste over it?

Salrei’s Hope

Rookie

I’m not active here anymore, but this is for v17.2 or whatever the one before v18 was, sorry.

Salrei’s Hope

Rookie

Honestly I don’t know why I didn’t just put the whole project in the downloads. Now that I’m not working on it anymore, I’m gonna replace the download with a zip of the whole project.

Salrei’s Hope

Rookie
Salrei’s Hope updated Pokemon Essentials RSE (Battle) with a new update entry:

THIS PROJECT IS DEAD

My time using Essentials/RPGXP was fun, but ROM Hacking is a lot more fun for me, so that's what I'm going to be doing for Pokemon Fangames from now on. I changed the download because it was really confusing. If uploading a whole Essentials project is against the rules, please take this down. Also, if anyone wants to use this, or build off it, you don't need to credit me, I don't really care. Bye!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back