• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Klein's Secret Bases 2020-08-13

Vendily

Elite Trainer
Vendily submitted a new resource:

Klein's Secret Bases - Updated for a friendlier experience

This is Klein's Secret base script updated to work with v17 as well as simplified. Now the script uses template maps that are cloned onto the dummy map as a base for the base.

The download contains all the graphics used for the base, items and scripts, the tileset data as edited off a clean essentials project (you'll have to copy tileset 23 over into your project manually if you aren't using the default tilesets) as well as Map 33, the Items map, and maps 32, 42, and 48, three example...

Read more about this resource...

Mr. Gela

Discord: theo#7722
I imported the maps into my project but they're not loading anywhere. Could it be I also need the MapInfos.rxdata file? Without them as sort of a sample, it's kind of a big hassle to set up (only to do it blind and likely wrong). Looking forward to this. It's a sweet resource.

Vendily

Elite Trainer
I imported the maps into my project but they're not loading anywhere. Could it be I also need the MapInfos.rxdata file? Without them as sort of a sample, it's kind of a big hassle to set up (only to do it blind and likely wrong). Looking forward to this. It's a sweet resource.

Oh, yeah, I didn't include a MapInfos.rxdata since it'd affect the project file as a whole. Easy way is making a couple of dummy maps, closing RMXP, and then replacing those ones.

Mr. Gela

Discord: theo#7722
On top of the DEFAULTSCREENHEIGHT etc fixes to be made compatible with v18, you'll also need to change the way the movefinder for Secret Power works to something like
Ruby:
move = getID(PBMoves,BASEMOVENEEDED)
movefinder=pbCheckMove(move)

Also the Jump Mat entry is lacking a nil before ItemType::MAT so it'll crash the game when trying to load it in a mart/pc.
It would be neat to have a "How many?" and "Owned: XX" when buying decorations but I know you don't really want to make changes beyond updating it.

Small bug: Placing multiple Red Balloons is... odd. I stepped on one and it popped a different one, no others can be popped:
Jump mats also have no effect (nah, fixed, the "nil" I added was the event ID, setting it to one makes it use the proper event!, the conditions for the event still need to be refined: 'if $game.player.moving?' won't return true to enable the jump, and while '!$game.player.moving?' will, it will stuck you in a jumping loop!, probably needs some sort of flag to only happen once per time you step on it)

5kDjupk.png

Activating the Sand Ornament used it's effect on a different event (doll on the desk).
jeHcWPC.png

(Chikorita: Mr Stark I don't feel so good)

Upd1:
I thought a good loop around these issues would be letting the player only own one of those type of furniture. (I modified the code to not have a limit on furniture storage, but not allow the player to own more than ONE ornament item, so no two Sand Ornaments or two Balloons, because that's when issues began) but nope, even one balloon will still mess another event's graphic, but I am not able to pinpoint exactly why that's happening.
33IHYZ1.png

Upd2: If a map is too "big" (this is 35x35) the DecorationMap will fail to draw all of it. Why is this? I couldn't find a limitation in the code.
Fix: There's no bug to fix. The "dummy" map needs to be as large as the children map. It's not a bug but I wish this was reflected on the documentation.
zPNAvTV.png

Upd3: You can't place boards on holes when you set DOLLSEVERYWHERE to true lol
This happens because there's no check for holes+if the item is a board in the final "else" of the branch. I managed to fix this by modifying this method (ugly, maybe there are side-effects I haven't seen yet)
https://pastebin.com/raw/ATxp3K7Y
fGV0af1.png

Last edited:

MarktheTrainer

Rookie
Can somebody update this script for 19.1? I make a Fangame for my girlfriend to ask her if she want to marry me..and she loves this feature..

I would be very happy!

Yukio

Novice
Hey you have any plan to update the script to v19.1, This plugin is amazing

Back