• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Ready to use Tilesets

Resource Ready to use Tilesets 2017-02-18

Aki submitted a new resource:

Ready to use Tilesets - Tilesets compiled from a single artist's public work, ready to use in Essentials

I made these sets because I wanted to practice arranging and aligning, so I found artisits who had made a few tiles but hadn't necessarily compiled them.

Crediting the orignal artist is required!
Please do not credit me, I don't consider what I did to be a contribution worthy of aknowledgment.​

[tabs]
[tab=Aki][/tab][/tabs]​
[tabs][tab=Aki]
If you wanna see tilesets I've made myself, I've got...​
[/tab][/tabs]

Read more about this resource...

Hey I just finished aligning some more tiles for my project, so if you're interested in an outdoor set for Gen 5 then maybe I saved some work fo you!
This time they all came from Ultimospriter; so please credit them and not me if you decide to use the set. It's already doubled sized, the background is removed, and the shadows have transparency, so just drop it into your project's Tileset folder and you're good to go! Erm, with the exception of writing the properties to it like passage and priority.
When I have time I'll be doing an indoor set too, but I don't know when that'll be up.

hWE4zR3.png

Tons of people have probably already done this, but that's bever stopped me before!
Somehow my procrastination of working on a certain tileset loooped back around to productivity on a completly different tileset that I don't plan to use.

I don't know either, I just like tiles. Here's a new set of Essentials-formatted tiles, by Kyle-Dove.

Credit for this set goes to Kyle-Dove!
Not Aki!
I separated out a few things as separate autotiles, but they're also included in the full set.
ks11Dml.png
ISqLGq3.png
E7xckjI.png
iZedmeS.png
VQVjDJn.png
nH18I3x.png

oVnvapx.png

Okeke

Rookie
You can just download the tileset you want and import it,
Qcu8H2m.gif

Or you can save the tileset you want directly inside of your PokemonEssentials>Graphics>Tilesets folder.
AQ7hfrk.gif
Thank you very much

Todd

Rookie
Can I combine all of these tilesets into one giant tile set, and also use the basic/default tile set in pokemon essentials so I can have a ton of different combos on one map?

Can I combine all of these tilesets into one giant tile set, and also use the basic/default tile set in pokemon essentials so I can have a ton of different combos on one map?
It's really not gonna look good if you do! 😅
There is a kind of limit to how big a tileset can be in RMXP, iirc it doesn't throw up an error or anything but you won't be able to scroll through it and view past a certain point.

Boxply

Rookie
It's really not gonna look good if you do! 😅
There is a kind of limit to how big a tileset can be in RMXP, iirc it doesn't throw up an error or anything but you won't be able to scroll through it and view past a certain point.
That sucks... but could we at least merge, like, two of them?

RidgeBoy

Novice
Cool!

If I import a tileset, does that mean I also have to manually go through the tileset-flag editor and edit every single tile with passability and stuff? Or is there a way to import those settings?

Cool!

If I import a tileset, does that mean I also have to manually go through the tileset-flag editor and edit every single tile with passability and stuff? Or is there a way to import those settings?

This specific resource is just graphics, so yes, you will have to manually set the tileset properties. If you do it once and really like the set though, it's pretty easy to open up 2 Essentials projects side by side, and copy+paste all the properties of a tileset over in the tileset editor.

West

The Comeback Kid
Is there a tileset for cave entrances and outdoor "basic brown Pokemon mountain barrier stuff" that complements your HG/SS tileset?

Aki updated Ready to use Tilesets with a new update entry:

New Gen 5 interior tileset; better crediting

RriSFxo.png

I saw a post asking for a gen 5 interior tileset so uhhh I kinda made one, haha.

Anyway the rest of this resource got an update in the form of me replacing all the image files with near-identical ones, now including a credits tag on the top and bottom. Five years ago when I posted these I thought it was unnessessary because each tileset had literally 1 person to credit, so it should've been easy right? But nah...

Read the rest of this update entry...

EndlessBeat

Professionally Unprofessional
Do you plan on updating the Magiscarf one? Some new stuff was added by the original artist on Deviantart.

Do you plan on updating the Magiscarf one? Some new stuff was added by the original artist on Deviantart.

I wasn't planning to, Magiscarf has made so many tiles that fitting them in one set can get crazy even by my standards (believe me, I did arrange some of them for Tempo Rising) 😅
I think if I tried to keep it a reasonable size, I'd end up doing something like 6 identical sets of Magiscarf just to have every color variation... and I'm not sure that would actually be helpful to anyone

EndlessBeat

Professionally Unprofessional
I wasn't planning to, Magiscarf has made so many tiles that fitting them in one set can get crazy even by my standards (believe me, I did arrange some of them for Tempo Rising) 😅
I think if I tried to keep it a reasonable size, I'd end up doing something like 6 identical sets of Magiscarf just to have every color variation... and I'm not sure that would actually be helpful to anyone
Thanks for the quick response.
That's unfortunate, but understandable. I tried doing it myself at one point, and it was way too big for RPGXP, and some parts were aligned as well as your version. I honestly wouldn't mind having 6 color variations of the same tileset if it can fit. There's lots of parts I hate to see get unused.

Back