• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Improved Battle Menu and Summary Screen [v17.2]

Resource Improved Battle Menu and Summary Screen [v17.2] 3.4

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Golisopod User submitted a new resource:

Displaying Type Effectiveness in Battle - Showing the Effectiveness of a Move on the opponent mid-battle like the Gen 7/8 Games

giphy.gif

This resource aims at replicating the feature in SM/SwSh which shows how effective a move is on an opponent (Super Effective, Not Very Effective etc) on the opposing Pokemon. Since with Essentials we don't have that much screen real estate to show the effectiveness with text, I've decided that highlighting the move's name based on the effectiveness is the best option for this.

So if you install the script, the default...

Read more about this resource...

VanillaSunshine

.。.:*バニラ陽光*:.。.
Hey, this is an awesome resource! I've always loved this feature in the newer games, since the type chart has always been difficult for me to memorize fully. I'm the type of person to pull up a type-chart while playing Pokemon anyway, so I appreciate having the game tell me the information I want without needing my computer or phone around. (For this same reason, I do agree it would be great to tie this resource to a Switch, so players can choose if they want it or not! It may get annoying for people who don't need the information.)

A bit of feedback, however:
While the use of Red and Green makes sense logically, these two colors are difficult for many color-blind players to discern.
38IUX2B.png
HFtiIrU.png

I understand that this resource was built in such a way that the developer can customize the colors used, but I think having the default colors be different may be an overall improvement! Some devs won't think about color-blind players, and most won't think about customizing a resource like this at all, so anything that can make it color-blind friendly out of the box is seen as an improvement to me!

I would recommend using the colors Blue and Red instead, since those two colors can be easily discerned by most color-blind players.
kYHFpQ3.png
CtV9eum.png

It may not make sense for Blue to be the "super effective" color, but I think that bit of temporary-confusion may be all right. I think most players are fully capable of using simple logic and a bit of trial-and-error in their first few battles to fully understand Blue is the super-effective color. (This is opposed to color-blind players not being able to tell that the colors are different at all!)
The use of "Blue = increased" and "Red = decreased" is also utilized in displaying the stat changes of Natures on the Summary Screen, so I don't think it will be too jarring of a change for the average player.

Despite all this, I think this resource is an awesome new feature to add; I'm surprised someone else hasn't made it already! I think this will be a great addition to more casual and story-based games, and games that have "easy modes" or games that simply want to replicate the Sun/Moon+ era of Pokemon. I look forward to any updates you make regarding the questions you asked! (The answer to all of which are an enthusiastic "yes!" from me, because I'm a sucker for customization within resources~ Especially the inclusion of it in the Summary Screen, for when you're switching through your Party hoping to find your saving grace!!)

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Golisopod User updated Improved Battle Menu with a new update entry:

v3.0 with new Name Change

v3.0
  • Should actually work with Zodiac Powers
  • Fixed all issues with double battles
  • Changed up how single targeting moves' effectiveness is displayed in double battles
  • Removed alot of unnecessary checks
  • Added support for displaying Type Highlighting in Summary Screen
  • Added new concise BW-style Summary Screen in battle, which displays only data important in battles

Read the rest of this update entry...

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer

mikenaria

Rookie
Hey man, I tried this out with 18.1 and replaced the line in the instructions in scene initialize (I know this wasn't made for 18.1), but it threw out an error. Is there a workaround at the moment? I can provide the error if you'd like. Thanks for your hard work!

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
Hey man, I tried this out with 18.1 and replaced the line in the instructions in scene initialize (I know this wasn't made for 18.1), but it threw out an error. Is there a workaround at the moment? I can provide the error if you'd like. Thanks for your hard work!
Unfortunately not atm. I'm working on it though. Hopefully it'll be done soon.

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
I think it was irresponsible of me to not clarify this before, so I think I should do it now:
I will no longer be actively maintaining or updating this resource. The latest release of the resource was deleted as it was not compatible with the latest version of Essentials. This resource shouldn't be the reason for someone to stick to an older version of Essentials.
Lucidious89 has a a wonderful plugin called Enhanced UI which implements this functionality of this plugin, along with many more things.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by my extended period of inactivity.

Gekkouga-Lizardon

Rookie
I think it was irresponsible of me to not clarify this before, so I think I should do it now:
I will no longer be actively maintaining or updating this resource. The latest release of the resource was deleted as it was not compatible with the latest version of Essentials. This resource shouldn't be the reason for someone to stick to an older version of Essentials.
Lucidious89 has a a wonderful plugin called Enhanced UI which implements this functionality of this plugin, along with many more things.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by my extended period of inactivity.
Hey, since you deleted the download file, could u pls tell me how the code works? I’ve tried like everything to do the color coding thing but it didn’t work. I know you mentioned Enhanced UI but it doesn’t have the color coding thing.

My attempt:
Ruby:
if Effectiveness.super_effectiveness?(value)
    moveBaseName = Color.new(0,255,0)

Back