• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
ALL Official Gen 4 Overworld Sprites

Resource ALL Official Gen 4 Overworld Sprites v1.5

VanillaSunshine

.。.:*バニラ陽光*:.。.
VanillaSunshine submitted a new resource:

Official Gen 4 Overworld Sprites - and some custom ones too!

** This resource is intended as an add-on to Mr. Gela's Gen 4 and 5 Trainer sprites and PBS.
However, using Mr. Gela's resource is not necessary for these OWs to work!

Oh, to have a (mostly) full collection of HGSS and DPPt overworlds, formatted for RMXP...

I did it for you! Using Neo-Spriteman's HGSS OWs as a starting point, and with intentions of making things compatible with...

Read more about this resource...

WolfPP

Discord wolfppontes
Hey! Are you a spriter? We have a project to sprite all characters from official games and anime. Aerun, PurpleZaffre, me and others artist is there. :) DM me if so.

VanillaSunshine

Hey @WolfPP!! I absolutely appreciate that you would want me to help, but unfortunately I'm not available consistently enough to be able to join any projects besides my personal one. Thank you so much for the offer, though! I hope you can continue to find skilled artists like Aerun and PurpleZaffre; all three of you are incredibly inspiring with your work!

VanillaSunshine

VanillaSunshine updated ALL Official Gen 4 Overworld Sprites with a new update entry:

v1.3, a big whoopsie-daisy...

Did you guys know that graphics with an odd length can't be center-aligned to graphics with an even length? I did, and yet I never noticed it on any of these sprites... Whoops!

Thanks to the graphics being scaled up to 200%, I was able to move the sprites a "half-pixel" (actually just 1 real pixel). The sprites now should be properly centered in your games.

** Please redownload the pack and replace all of...

Read the rest of this update entry...

akemiaika

Rookie
When I add these to my game they are much bigger then the other sprites. I tried to manually scale down in photoshop but it makes them look super skinny and not great. Any tips on how to get these the right size in game? I am using the default EBS and 17.2 images.

When I add these to my game they are much bigger then the other sprites. I tried to manually scale down in photoshop but it makes them look super skinny and not great. Any tips on how to get these the right size in game? I am using the default EBS and 17.2 images.
There's really no way to get them to look right, since they were made with totally different artstyles. (Essentials uses Gen 3 graphics, from FireRed/LeafGreen, while these are Gen 4) If you're wanting to use a specific character from here, the best bet is to look to see if anyone's made a custom spritesheet of a Gen 4 character in the Gen 3 style. (Or you could switch your game to a Gen 4 style inside, Gen 4 tiles are easier to find, but depending on how far along your project is, redoing all your maps could be more of a pain)

akemiaika

Rookie
There's really no way to get them to look right, since they were made with totally different artstyles. (Essentials uses Gen 3 graphics, from FireRed/LeafGreen, while these are Gen 4) If you're wanting to use a specific character from here, the best bet is to look to see if anyone's made a custom spritesheet of a Gen 4 character in the Gen 3 style. (Or you could switch your game to a Gen 4 style inside, Gen 4 tiles are easier to find, but depending on how far along your project is, redoing all your maps could be more of a pain)
Oh thank you so much for that information, now I know what to look for :) I am using more 2.5D style graphics so I think the bigger style of gen 4 does not look right with my environments like the gen 3 does. Thank you so much.

KumquatIRA

I'm what the kids would call a gamer...
This is what I've been looking ages for!!! Only one question... how does one download it? (I'm new to game making, don't judge please...)

VanillaSunshine

VanillaSunshine

Back