• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
HGSS Trainer Card Scene

Resource HGSS Trainer Card Scene 1.0

Mr. Gela

Discord: theo#7722
Mr. Gela submitted a new resource:

HGSS Trainer Card Scene - A revamped Trainer Card screen based on the one from HGSS, with new features!

What's this?
A "port" of the Trainer Card from Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, with a few small changes to accomodate it for a single screen. It appends some small features to the PokeBattle_Trainer class, too.

Features
  • Up to six different card designs based on Trainer Card level. See its Bulbapedia article for more information or ideas on how to implement them.
  • Animated background...

Read more about this resource...

Mr. Gela

Someone inquired me for a way to check if the player has completed the Pokédex (bar some excluded legendaries) in order to award a star.
You can use the following snippet, and call "dexCompleted" anytime you wish to check for that. For example, when reviewing the Pokédex by Oak in the PC, or after each caught Pokémon. Replace switch 99 with whatever you want to use instead. EXCLUDED includes the internal ID numbers of those Pokémon to exclude (in this brief example that's Mew, Celebi and Arceus).
Paste pretty much anywhere above Main: Pastebin Should work but do playtest it and report any issues thanks.

Doodi94

Novice
Hi, I wonder how I can show how many shiny Pokemon have been encountered and captured instead of String 2 or 3. How can I do ?

Mr. Gela

Hi, I wonder how I can show how many shiny Pokemon have been encountered and captured instead of String 2 or 3. How can I do ?
You'd have to find the code where a wild Pokémon is encountered, check if it's shiny like other bits of code do and, if it is, add +1 to the variable.

TheSheikahScholar

How do I change this? :P
Just downloaded this, and can't wait to try it out. Just an FYI though, the dropbox link provides graphics for a Pokemon summary screen, not trainer card.

Richard PT

Cooltrainer
Good recource. I've tested it on PE 18.1 and i've observed this:

1- Trainer Card seems to work properly at first glance.
2- PE v18 or 18.1 don't use the Kernel thing in the scripts, i already removed 2 kernel things in the script, and the script works fine. I consider this a minor fix.
3- When i start a trainer battle, it gave me a name error on line 69 > this line > @money=INITIALMONEY. How can I fix it?
4- Credits will be given.

Good recource. I've tested it on PE 18.1 and i've observed this:

1- Trainer Card seems to work properly at first glance.
2- PE v18 or 18.1 don't use the Kernel thing in the scripts, i already removed 2 kernel things in the script, and the script works fine. I consider this a minor fix.
3- When i start a trainer battle, it gave me a name error on line 69 > this line > @money=INITIALMONEY. How can I fix it?
4- Credits will be given.
In v18 INITIALMONEY is now INITIAL_MONEY.

Bendix988

Novice
hi I would like to understand how to add personal strings by modifying the game_variable, I would like to insert the captured shiny pokemon

DarrylBD99

A YouTuber that really REALLY loves making games
So since there isn't an official version, I have worked on porting this resource to v19. So here it is: HGSS Trainer Card.rar

Edit: Just fixed a crash so it should work now... (hopefully)

Last edited:

DeepBlue PacificWaves

Producer of Project Lunastone | Failed Dreamer
Mr. Gela, can you update your script to work with PE v19.1, please?

Apparently, Mr. Gela isn't currently working on Pokémon Essentials anymore.

But I was able to update the script to work in PE v19.1. And the best part is, it's totally plug-&-play. Here is the link to the updated version:

Direct Link

Edit 15/03: Found a bug whenever the player entered a Trainer Battle, especially if using the Elite Battle DX. This was happening because of a mistake when I was updating the script to v19.1. This bug is now fixed =D

Last edited:

DJChaos

Rookie
Apparently, Mr. Gela isn't currently working on Pokémon Essentials anymore.

But I was able to update the script to work in PE v19.1. And the best part is, it's totally plug-&-play. Here is the link to the updated version:

Direct Link

Edit 15/03: Found a bug whenever the player entered a Trainer Battle, especially if using the Elite Battle DX. This was happening because of a mistake when I was updating the script to v19.1. This bug is now fixed =D
Tested and your update seems to be working just fine in v20.1, by the way!

komeiji514

Cooltrainer
Tested and your update seems to be working just fine in v20.1, by the way!
By the way there are still some modifications before using it in v21.1.
Edit: Put the graphics in Graphics/UI/Trainer Card and change $Trainer to $player and Graphics/Pictures to Graphics/UI/Trainer Card in scripts can work.
I may upload a v21.1 port.

Last edited:
Back