• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Released Pokemon Wild Zone

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Intro
Hi all, here is a project I started a while ago before the release of Sword and Shield.
After hearing what Sword and Shield was doing with the Wild Area I thought it would be cool to show off what I thought it would be like, so I put together this very short Alpha demo.
I also used this as a way of testing out different things that I'd not already done in other fan games.

With that being said please do keep in mind it is a very early Alpha demo and there are a lot of things missing.
Characters default sprites from the essentials pack, badges are the default badges, some non major buildings are empty, etc...

Plot
Travel around the region and collect all eight gym badges.
Explore the wild area and complete an array of short side quests.
**Warning: A group of strange looking goons have shown up around the region. Be sure too keep an eye on them as you travel. **

Features:
- A Wild Area style route which is set to connect the surrounding cities and routes
- Double battle style Gym Battles
- Pokemon from all generations (Alolan forms inc.)
- New Moves
- Updated movepools
- Side quests
- Rail line for quick transport around the region between towns/cities
- Pre Gym to challenge up coming gym leader types. (New but needs to be finished)

Progress - (2 Gym Alpha Demo)
The game is currently a very early alpha demo with little to no testing.
There are a lot of things which need adding but the game is playable up to the 2nd gym.
placeholder sprites and images are inplace ready to be replaced for a later release.

Download Link
Pokemon Wild Zone

Screenshots
t1RaBtr.png

Credits:
- Creator:
Charizardthree

"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Boushy<s>MiDas Mike
Brother1440<s>Near Fantastica
FL.<s>PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami<s>Popper
help-14<s>Rataime
IceGod64<s>SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock<s>the__end
KitsuneKouta<s>Venom12
Lisa Anthony<s>Wachunga
and everyone else who helped out

"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

Credits for the Gen 6 Project:
- Project Organization:
WorldSlayer

- Pokemon Sprites:
http://www.pkparaiso.com/
/u/sicns, /u/Evolemon

- Pokemon Icons: Pikachumazzinga
Gen 7 overworld sprites: sagedeoxys

- PBS file editing:
mej71, karstictrainer, WorldSlayer, TheDeKay, viperk1, SunakazeKun, Radical Raptr, RPD490, Takyon!, Pokegod7020

- Research:
Drakath569, Florio, MrDeepDarkMind, snooper117

Last edited:

Marina

Cooltrainer
wow, cool idea! Hope you will put in all new pokemon. Do you want to make the region like england, or will you just make a random fanmade region?

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
wow, cool idea! Hope you will put in all new pokemon. Do you want to make the region like england, or will you just make a random fanmade region?

There will be a mix of pokemon from all generations.

I was already working on a fan game based on the UK but i decided not to carry on with it after sword and shield were revealed to be set in the same country. This game will be set over a few islands but there isn't any inspiration from any real world locations.

Charizardthree

Elite Trainer
Pokemon Wild Zone Download has now been updated to version 1.1
This version contains various bug fixes and quality updates.
No new major story has been added but is now ready for an extended story in the near future.

Please let me know what you think about Pokemon Wild Zone and include any suggestions.

Back