• Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly! You can learn how to add images to your posts here.

No Evolution Music?

updawg734

Whats up, dawg?
I've been struggling to figure out why the evolution music is not playing in my game. I have not changed the music files at all. I checked the scripts and under Pokemon_Evolution I still have pbMEPlay("Evolution start") and pbBGMPlay("Evolution"). I even tried switching the audio file types between .ogg and .wav but still am getting no music...?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
1. Are you perhaps using EBS? If so, the file should be titled "evolv". Without the "e".
2. Having the same issue on vanilla Essentials? If not, then copy that music track over to your project, might be an encoding issue (doubt it)
3. If 2 doesn't work, then you must have changed something.

It most likely is 1) that's causing your problem.

updawg734

Whats up, dawg?
1. Are you perhaps using EBS? If so, the file should be titled "evolv". Without the "e".
2. Having the same issue on vanilla Essentials? If not, then copy that music track over to your project, might be an encoding issue (doubt it)
3. If 2 doesn't work, then you must have changed something.

It most likely is 1) that's causing your problem.

Ahh, it was definitely the first option. I didn't realize I had to rename it "evolv" for EBS. By chance - do you know the different file name for the "Evolution success" sound file as well? I'm not getting that to play either. Either way, thanks so much for your help!

AenaonDogsky

Arbiter of Doggos
Ofc. You may already know the steps, but I'm putting it here so others can know how to search for this stuff as well.

1. Open the script section in RMXP
2. Hold Ctrl-Shift-F (to search inside all scripts)
3. Type "evol" (just in case the scripter has named this process "evolve instead of evolution, so we search for the root word)
4. Hmm, the evolution scene is either a standalone script, or part of a battle script, since most of the times it happens after battle
5. Whoa, we got EBS installed, which incorporates the evolution scene in its own set of scripts
6. Turns out EliteBattle 1 has got the reference we need
7. Yup, it plays pbMEPlay("EvolutionSuccess") upon evolution completion!

That's it, just name it "EvolutionSuccess"!
It's a ME sound, so it goes inside the ME folder under Audio.

Back