• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed DOT Debug (Windows/Android)

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Hello everybody, I'm the developer of Super Pokemon Eevee Edition.

I don't only make pokemon fangames, I've also been working on my side project DOT Debug.
It's a free stealth-action game, available for Windows and Android.

The game is centered around a black square named DOT, who can blend into walls by standing next to them.

VjOiBkM.gif
igzEQ29.gif

Last edited:

raonak

Novice
I've added some additonal visual flurishes.

I realised that by tweaking my procedural tiling system, I could easily get the game to add shadows to walls.
JzPPJ4d.png

Looks quite neat if i don't say so myself.

Early builds of the game I used hand placed tiles, which looked neat, but was such a maintenance nightmare whenever I wanted to modify the level layout. plus it added a lot of overhead for new levels. Moving to a procedural tile system is so much better
Basically, when a level starts, a 2d structure is created, which stores which objects exist at what 32x32 square of the map. That 2D structure is essentially the level. indicating free spaces, walls and error tiles. (since the game is gridbased, this works perfectly).
Then the tiling system goes into place for every point of the level, it decides what to put there. if it's blank space, it puts a floor tile which varies depending on the level. if it's a wall, a black tile is placed. and if it's a error tile a red tile is placed.
if it's a blank space, with a wall above, or to the left, then it places a shadow tile.

surprisingly simple to implement, but works wonders!

Last edited:
Back