• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Tutorial Dissecting Error Messages 1.0

Dragonite

Have they found the One Piece yet?
Dragonite submitted a new resource:

Dissecting Error Messages - What to do when everything blows up

When you work with computers, things tend to go wrong. A lot. But it's not the end of the world. Here's how to handle those situations!

Note: I'm used to using languages other than Ruby (namely Game Maker, Java and Python) so I don't go super in-depth about anything related to RPG Maker here, but this should be enough information to get you started when it comes to dealing with and eliminating those annoying error messages.

Syntax Errors

Let's have a look at...

Read more about this resource...

Colorfulwonders

Sawyer the Gaymer Girl
If I showed you screenshots of my script/error message could you tell me how to fix it? I've been trying to fix this problem for a while but RPG maker doesn't seem to want to cooperate with me :P

Dragonite

Have they found the One Piece yet?
If I showed you screenshots of my script/error message could you tell me how to fix it? I've been trying to fix this problem for a while but RPG maker doesn't seem to want to cooperate with me :P
No, because that completely defeats the point of this post.

Back