• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Completed Pokémon Heritage

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
Pokémon Heritage
Screen2.png

This game was made for the PokéCommunity April Game Jam 2019

Plot
In this tale inspired by the Mystery Dungeon series, become one between three rare Pokémon, and embark on a journey to discover your forgotten identity and save the world from a menacing egg thief plotting to use its new-found powers to rule the world!

Features

• Character portraits and music from PMD
  • Get your starter Pokémon through a quiz(?)
  • 3 recruitable Pokémon
  • 8 Dungeons imitating the PMD series

Screenshots
Screenshot.png
Screen3.png
Screen.png
Screen4.png
Screen6.png
Screenshot3.png
Screenshot4.png
Screen5.png

Download
Google Drive (v1.35)

Credits
Beta Testing:
Aura Phantom

Modular Title Screen & Animated Bitmap Wrappers:
Luka S.J.

Continue Screen Music:
DerxwnaKapsyla

Portraits in Text Messages:
Mr. Gela

Passive ExpAll:
Michael

Background Music:
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Darkness & Time & Sky
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Blue & Red Rescue Team

Face Graphics:

Overworld Sprites:
Pokémon Heart Gold & Soul Silver

Tilesets:
TheDeadHeroAlistair
KyleDove

Pokémon Essentials was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Luka S.J.
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
help-14
Rataime
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
and everyone else who helped out

RPG Maker XP by:
Enterbrain

Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak

Last edited:

PhantomTheEevee

Member of the Aether Foundation
Hey Aldo, I found a more or less small issue: Downloaded and started the game, but there's no music despite I tried several things: Differwnt headphones, setting the in-game volume on max, redownloading completely and downloading the Audio folder seperately to add it to the Game folder manually then, but unfortunately nothing worked and it's still mute. You've got any idea how to fix that?

Aldo

Adventurer
Hey Aldo, I found a more or less small issue: Downloaded and started the game, but there's no music despite I tried several things: Differwnt headphones, setting the in-game volume on max, redownloading completely and downloading the Audio folder seperately to add it to the Game folder manually then, but unfortunately nothing worked and it's still mute. You've got any idea how to fix that?
That's the first I've heard of this. I may have an idea why though. Could you tell me if other fan games' music work and if you can play the audio files by themselves?

PhantomTheEevee

Done a bit researching, and found out that I can play every file itself all normally when opening it. That, if the Game's music an OGG.file, it plays all normally in-game, not so however if it's an MID. or MP3.file.

Droid779

Weeb
I found a few bugs:
-Ice Stone event causes crash
-Recruitable Magneton triggers a fight with Minun instead.
-(Don’t know if this is a bug or not) After defeating the Legendary Dogs, the Dicovery Dungeon doesn’t start right away, you have to leave and enter the map again for it to trigger.

Aldo

Adventurer
Done a bit researching, and found out that I can play every file itself all normally when opening it. That, if the Game's music an OGG.file, it plays all normally in-game, not so however if it's an MID. or MP3.file.
Uploaded an .ogg audio folder. Hopefully that will solve your problem ~

I found a few bugs:
-Ice Stone event causes crash
-Recruitable Magneton triggers a fight with Minun instead.
-(Don’t know if this is a bug or not) After defeating the Legendary Dogs, the Dicovery Dungeon doesn’t start right away, you have to leave and enter the map again for it to trigger.
I'll give a look to those when possible. Thanks for the heads up ~

PhantomTheEevee

Yes, adding the folder withe OGG-Files has solved everything, thank you so sooo much! I have no idea what's been wrong, but it's working now and I can start playing. ^0^

Back