• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Character Customization Resources (Gen 4)

Resource Character Customization Resources (Gen 4) 1.0

Poltergeist

Rookie
Poltergeist submitted a new resource:

Character Customization Resources (Gen 4) - Contains Character Creation parts for overworld (running, walking, bicylce), front and back sprites

Hiiiiiiii!

I want to share this resource with you that I worked on. These are files that contain character creation parts so that you can easier make unique characters for your own game or use them to introduce a character creator to your game. They contain: back sprites, overworld sprites (for walking, running, bicycle) and front sprites for male and female characters. There is an example image of one of the character creation options to see which kinds of sprites are available. All in all...

Read more about this resource...

YukineOdyssey

Rookie
Um, i got a problem with the sprites.
0KxTRYh.png

speedyisqueen

Johto fangirl
Amazing resource, and I'm definitely going to use it for my game (and credit you of course), but I noticed it's missing surfing and fishing sprites. Could you try adding them? I'm not very good at spriting so I'm not sure if I'll be able to successfully splice your resources with someone else's to make the surfing and fishing sprites

Miyuki Kiruna

Frosted Petal
Poltergeist submitted a new resource:

Character Customization Resources (Gen 4) - Contains Character Creation parts for overworld (running, walking, bicylce), front and back sprites

Read more about this resource...
hi ^^ i was hoping to use the first red haired girl with the long braid. for my insurgence game. how do i download and replace the main girl all of the sprites with this custom one???? the "run, walk, dive, bike, swim, trainer card, battle front/back" sprites with the red haired girl???

hi ^^ i was hoping to use the first red haired girl with the long braid. for my insurgence game. how do i download and replace the main girl all of the sprites with this custom one???? the "run, walk, dive, bike, swim, trainer card, battle front/back" sprites with the red haired girl???
You'd just replace the files already in the game with files made from the resources in the download link. (Or you could edit the metadata if you wanted to name the files something different, but that doesn't seem worthwhile IMO)

This pack doesn't have a base for diving or surfing, though.

lichen

i make sprites , i think
In case anyone wants to make more sprites that fit with this resource (especially if you're using it for custom character creators lol), I compiled all the bases into one image, so it can just be drawn on a second layer, so there won't be any worries about alignment!

Leondrea

Trainer
I would really love to use this, but I can't because I need the OW sprites from a Male/Female Player from some game (HGSS/DPP) or something else but in Gen 4, then I could add this to my game.

Payou

a French guy
Hey, thanks for sharing your work ! Those are really good assets that you can implement in any Pokemon fangame.

I'm currently making multiple .psd files to share with you guys. The point is to help you create your own sprites using Poltergeist's assets without having to trouble yourself with multiple copy and paste, you just have to hide or show the layers you want to add to the sprite.

For now, I only made the template for the front sprites but I'll edit my message everytime I made a new file.

(the preview on Google Drive appears blank because I hid every layers in the file, but everything is in there, I promise)
Front Trainers
Back Trainers
OW Walking Trainers (I had trouble setting the "Bags" in "Carry", sorry if it is misplaced)

I'm still working on the run/bike OW sprites.

Last edited:
Back