• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource RGSS Rich Presence Integration 2.2

rainefall

riley
Expo Team
sukoshijon submitted a new resource:

RGSS Rich Presence Integration - Add rich integration with Discord to your Essentials fangame!

This script provides an easy wrapper around Discord's Rich Presence API for RPG Maker XP (maybe VX/VXa idk haven't tested them and nobody would care anyway since they're BAD).
"But what is Rich Presence??" I hear you ask... Well, Rich Presence allows you to "add beautiful art and detailed information to show off your game even more". Sound cool? Ok, let's continue.

PLEASE NOTE: This script does not provide any Rich Presence functionality, just the capability. In the...

Read more about this resource...

D

Deleted member 1065

I have two questions :
Are you using the "Discord GameSDK" or "Discord-RPC" ? Because according to the Discord website, Discord-RPC is deprecated.
The SDK that this documentation references, Discord-RPC, has been deprecated in favor of our new Discord GameSDK.

For the shutdown, did you try the END keyword ?
I did try this on my game (using LiteRGSS) :
Ruby:
Expand Collapse Copy
END {
    p 0
    system('pause')
}
The result was the following :
- Once I clicked the [x] (closing the game) p 0 was executed (showing 0 in the terminal) then the terminal waited for an input (pause).

This is a syntax that allow to execute code after every other code (it has to be with { }, using do will raise a SyntaxError). You can use this to make your script plug&play. (Since you're using the RGSS Idk if it'll work well, you need to test by creating a file for example).

5pr173

Rookie
Are you updating this to work with the current version of essentials?

rainefall

riley
Expo Team
rainefall updated RGSS Rich Presence Integration with a new update entry:

Essentials v19 Compatibility Update (WINDOWS ONLY)

It's been a long long time, I've had a while to think it over and by that I mean I've rewritten the entire DLL component using the new Discord Activities API instead of the old Rich Presence one. Doing this also gave me the chance to recompile the project for x64-bit platforms as well, a crucial part in getting it to run on.. Essentials v19!

There are now TWO DLLs included in the download. One legacy x86 version, and a newer x64 version. For Essentials v19 you should use the x64 version...

Read the rest of this update entry...

rainefall

riley
Expo Team

rainefall

riley
Expo Team
why don't you take Luka's script from Discord WebHook and improve it?
From what I realized the only problem with it is the appearance of the CMD during the execution of the command.
luka's webhook script serves a different purpose, discord's webhooks only allow you to send messages to a channel. as far as i know the discord game API (or an alternative implementation of it) is the only way to send rich presence data to discord

Back