• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Nuzlocke Permadeath v2.2

NettoHikari

Cooltrainer
NettoHikari submitted a new resource:

Nuzlocke Permadeath - Provides Nuzlocke-style permadeath for Pokemon battles

Hello, I’ve made a plug-and-play script that enables a Nuzlocke-style permadeath mode to battles. Basically, when it’s activated, any fainted Pokemon disappear immediately from the player’s party, whether that’s during battle or out in the field (due to poison). This is different from other Nuzlocke scripts in that it completely removes dead Pokemon from the player’s party, rather than just marking them “dead” and making them impossible to heal. The script is fairly easy to use, and I’ve put...

Read more about this resource...

NettoHikari

Cooltrainer
NettoHikari updated Nuzlocke Permadeath with a new update entry:

v1.1 Update

- Added "soft" nuzlocke mode (fainted Pokemon get transferred to Pokemon Storage)
- Fixed issue where player could continue after a double battle if all of the player's Pokemon died, but not their partner's
- Fixed error with catching Pokemon in double battles while having partner trainer
- Fixed error with Future Sight effects lingering after Pokemon dying

Read the rest of this update entry...

NettoHikari

Cooltrainer

BiggusWeeabus

"What's so funny about Biggus Dickus?"
What happens to a Save after the player gets defeated on the Nuzlocke Mode?
Is there a way to completely delete it right after the defeat from the script?

NettoHikari

Cooltrainer
What happens to a Save after the player gets defeated on the Nuzlocke Mode?
Is there a way to completely delete it right after the defeat from the script?
When a player gets defeated in Nuzlocke mode, it will simply go back to the title screen without touching the save, i.e. if the player saves before a battle, then loses, the player's save from just before the battle will still be there. I didn't want my script to force-delete a player's save because I imagine there are users who wouldn't like that, but it does seem like a good idea to make it a setting that you can enable at the top of the script. I'll update the script soon and let you know how to enable that option.

BiggusWeeabus

Great!

Oh, also. It would be great to show an image from /pictures as Game Over screen, actual text doesn't look quite as good

NettoHikari

Cooltrainer
Great!

Oh, also. It would be great to show an image from /pictures as Game Over screen, actual text doesn't look quite as good
Oh sorry, I didn't see this message until just now. I just put actual text as a sort of placeholder, but if you (or anyone else) wants to use a picture instead, you can just replace this line under "def pbStartOver(gameover=false)":
Ruby:
pbMessage(_INTL("\\w[]\\wm\\c[8]\\l[3]GAME OVER!"))
with code to show and erase a picture. Something like this should work:
Ruby:
# Fill in the values below for your specific image
$game_screen.pictures[0].show(name, origin, x, y, zoom_x, zoom_y, opacity, blend_type)
pbWait(20)
$game_screen.pictures[0].erase

BiggusWeeabus

Oh sorry, I didn't see this message until just now. I just put actual text as a sort of placeholder, but if you (or anyone else) wants to use a picture instead, you can just replace this line under "def pbStartOver(gameover=false)":
Ruby:
Ruby:
$game_screen.pictures[0].show(name, origin, x, y, zoom_x, zoom_y, opacity, blend_type)
pbWait(20)
All righty then, thank you!

PorousMist

Novice
Yes, that and one more thing: Where in the script can I make BGM play during the game over sequence?

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
Ruby:
Ruby:
pbWait(20)
Would you mind explaining how to fill out the values for the $game_screen.pictures[0]show command? I've tried to do this and I keep getting errors because I'm not using the right syntax

Would you mind explaining how to fill out the values for the $game_screen.pictures[0]show command? I've tried to do this and I keep getting errors because I'm not using the right syntax
  • Name is "filename" with the quotes around it
  • Origin is 0 for top left, 1 for center
  • x and y are just numbers for the coordinates
  • zoom_x and zoom_y are also just numbers, but they're the % zoom
  • opacity is 0 to 255
  • blend_type is 0 for normal, 1 for additive, 2 for subtractive
You can also use pbShowPicture for the same command!

Ruby:
pbShowPicture(number,name,origin,x,y,zoomX=100,zoomY=100,opacity=255,blendType=0)
pbShowPicture doesn't need everything defined, which is helpful!

Also, this might have tripped you up because it definitely tripped me up lol, but if you're getting an error about "undefined method for nil class", change pictures[0] to pictures[1] or something else higher!

Zygoat

Mimikyu enjoyer
  • Name is "filename" with the quotes around it
  • Origin is 0 for top left, 1 for center
  • x and y are just numbers for the coordinates
  • zoom_x and zoom_y are also just numbers, but they're the % zoom
  • opacity is 0 to 255
  • blend_type is 0 for normal, 1 for additive, 2 for subtractive
You can also use pbShowPicture for the same command!

Ruby:
pbShowPicture(number,name,origin,x,y,zoomX=100,zoomY=100,opacity=255,blendType=0)
pbShowPicture doesn't need everything defined, which is helpful!

Also, this might have tripped you up because it definitely tripped me up lol, but if you're getting an error about "undefined method for nil class", change pictures[0] to pictures[1] or something else higher!
Thanks a ton for this! It'll be very helpful.

Back