• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Automatic 2x Art Resizer 1.1

boonzeet

Developer of Pokemon: Secrets of the Ages
boonzeet submitted a new resource:

Automatic 2x Art Resizer - Command line Node tool to watch for art changes and produce 2x resolution copies.

View attachment 240
Like many artists on fan games, it's great to experiment with tilesets and characters graphics and quickly see what they'll look like in RPG Maker XP. Working with a 16x16 grid, it became dull to constantly resize the assets.

I wrote a quick and simple command line Node tool that watches a root folder and automatically produces copies of the art at the higher resolution each time you save.

Might be a bit niche but it's saved me loads of time and it hopefully saves...

Read more about this resource...

Dragonite

Have they found the One Piece yet?
"Hmm, that's an interesting idea. I wonder if you had to decode the image and then make a duplicate where everything-"

JavaScript:
Expand Collapse Copy
const Jimp = require('jimp');

"They really do have an npm package for everything, don't they?"

(Any plans to accept scale factors or even interpolation modes as optional command line parameters?)

boonzeet

"They really do have an npm package for everything, don't they?"

They really do! Only recently started developing in Node but I'm already blown away at how almost every idea I've had has already been done.

(Any plans to accept scale factors or even interpolation modes as optional command line parameters?)

Great suggestion. I've updated both the GitHub project and the npm package to support this.

boonzeet

boonzeet updated Automatic 2x Art Resizer with a new update entry:

Support adding or removing suffix on save, command line flags

NB: to update, use npm update rmxp16to32 -g

This has been updated to support optionally adding or removing the suffix on save, and now uses flags instead of chained arguments. This allows for working on night tilesets (which previously did not work) and generally a better method of saving.

Examples
Bash:
Expand Collapse Copy
rmxp16to32 --mode sub --suffix _wip
This will look for files with the suffix _wip and save them without. e.g: interior1n_wip.png -> interior1n.png

Bash:
Expand Collapse Copy
rmxp16to32 --mode add...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:

DannyPhantump

(He's a Phantump)
Hey! This resource has been a lifesaver for my mapping!

However, I recently got a new computer & I tried to install this again using npm, but I got error messages.

I have both node and npm installed & confirmed it with node -v and npm -v
Error 2x art resizer.PNG

Back