• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Rotom Pokedex

Resource Rotom Pokedex 2

juliorain

Trainer
juliorain submitted a new resource:

Rotom Pokedex - Rotom Pokedex UI and an example scene for using them!

Hi all! I was surprised that no one took the liberty to make Rotom Pokedex UI graphics, so I've decided to make my own. I based it off stock images from Serebii. Credit would be amazing.

I have zipped a folder here containing:

077uioT.png

1.BG with the abstact blue stripe
2.Rotom Dex overlay with a transparent middle
3. Drowsy eyes overlay...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:

juliorain

Trainer
I'm not sure of what is this... Can you explain it to me?

It's chill if you haven't played SM/USUM. But basically here is it:

start the video at 18:20 and to see it talk to you, skip to 23:10

someone ripped their talking model here :

and ingame it is an interactive map up that scrolls the map:

rotomdexmap.jpg

if you leave it alone it'll get drowsy:

rotosad.jpg

it'll have a variety of facil expressions the more you interact with the ui!

Diego Mertens

Rookie
It's chill if you haven't played SM/USUM. But basically here is it:

start the video at 18:20 and to see it talk to you, skip to 23:10

someone ripped their talking model here :

and ingame it is an interactive map up that scrolls the map:

rotomdexmap.jpg

if you leave it alone it'll get drowsy:

rotosad.jpg

it'll have a variety of facil expressions the more you interact with the ui!

Well... I never played any game later to 5 gen cause i can't emulate them...
But i know how works Rotomdex, I was trying to asking how will work ingame, i wanted maybe a gif for know the aspect of the system in the game, and... Did i have to start a new class, a new module or a new def for using this? How i would use it? Maybe an example of how this works, how it's set in an event and how it will look ingame would be interesting and will improve the aspect of the post

juliorain

Trainer
Well... I never played any game later to 5 gen cause i can't emulate them...
But i know how works Rotomdex, I was trying to asking how will work ingame, i wanted maybe a gif for know the aspect of the system in the game, and... Did i have to start a new class, a new module or a new def for using this? How i would use it? Maybe an example of how this works, how it's set in an event and how it will look ingame would be interesting and will improve the aspect of the post

I did provide an example for animating a blinking background i.e. flipping between two backgrounds. You neither need a new class nor module as this is just a cosmetic change to the ui background.

It was just a simple manipulation @sprite and framcount commands set in whatever screen you want. I've deconstructed the ui for use on any screen, as they are just the graphics. If you want more complex animations involving its mouth, then you can take a similar treatment of the blinking animation. For talking it would flash between @sprite for open mouth and grinning. The specific rate is up to you. The rate of the flipping is defined in this block of code tucked into your screen scene:

Code:
    @frameskip = rand(3..7)

Code:
    @sprites["background"].setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/RotomDex/" + (@animframe==0 ? "dexbg": "dexbg_closed"))
    if @framecount>=@frameskip # Time interval to change
        @animframe=(@animframe==1) ? 0 : 1 # secondary variable
        @framecount=0 # reset
        @frameskip = (@animframe==1) ? 7 : rand(30..120) # fixed blinking time, but random time between blinks
      end

where @frameskip defined the time between blinks and how long the blinks last, so set it to a smaller number of framers. the variable @frameskip = rand(3..7) sets the parameter on the values of @frameskip while @frameskip = (@animframe==1) ? 7 : rand(30..120) sets both the fixed blinking time and the random time interval between the blinks.

You can add any number of conditional statements to the ui to make it more interative and have a wider range of emotions. Kernal.pbMessage is also your friend in that it could be played in conjunction with rotom's talking animation which could get a little more complicated. However, I have given you a base to tinker with.

I've altered the colors and widened the base overlay for my fangame, but you can see the blinking animation here:

Last edited:
Back