• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Script for Disguise 2019-01-16

Poq

Cooltrainer
Poq submitted a new resource:

Script for Disguise - Bust that Mimikyu

With a bit of trial and error, I've managed to put together a working script for Mimikyu's Disguise ability.

There have been a few threads about this topic over on the pokecommunity forums, and I posted a partial solution to this question here. However, there were some shortcomings with that script, mainly that Disguise was reset every time the Mimikyu switched out of battle, unlike in SM where it only...

Read more about this resource...

Uzagi

the bunny
So I got a question, I have Mimikyu alternate forms in my game, how do I put the busted form to match the new disguise forms?

Poq

Cooltrainer
So I got a question, I have Mimikyu alternate forms in my game, how do I put the busted form to match the new disguise forms?

Good question! This is actually something I've thought about, but haven't sat down to code yet. I think it could actually be pretty simple though. Here's an attempt.

Find the code for "getBustedForm" and edit to match the following
Ruby:
  def getBustedForm
    if isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:MIMIKYU) && self.hasAbility?(:DISGUISE)
      cf=self.form
      return cf+1 if cf.even?
    else
      return-1
    end

The way this works assumes that for all your Mimikyu variants, the base form is an even number, and the busted form is the next sequential odd number (0=>1, 2=>3 ... 16=>17, etc.)

Last edited:

Uzagi

the bunny
Good question! This is actually something I've thought about, but haven't sat down to code yet. I think it could actually be pretty simple though. Here's an attempt.

Find the code for "getBustedForm" and edit to match the following
Ruby:
  def getBustedForm
      cf=self.form
      return cf+1 if cf.even?
    else
      return-1
    end

The way this works assumes that for all your Mimikyu variants, the base form is an even number, and the busted form is the next sequential odd number (0=>1, 2=>3 ... 16=>17, etc.)

Hey! I tested it and doesn't work @_@'
I'm using EBS, tho.

Poq

Cooltrainer
Hey! I tested it and doesn't work @_@'
I'm using EBS, tho.

I don't think EBS should mess with this, but I haven't tested the solution... Try changing this altered version of the same code:

Ruby:
  def getBustedForm
      cf=self.form.to_i
      return cf+1 if cf.even?
    else
      return-1
    end

Last edited:

Uzagi

the bunny
I don't think EBS should mess with this, but I haven't tested the solution... Try changing this altered version of the same code:

Ruby:
  def getBustedForm
      cf=self.form.to_i
      return cf+1 if cf.even?
    else
      return-1
    end

still doesn't work :(
I tried to do some modifications by myself too, but don't work either
do u have discord, if you have time we can try to figure this out together (I'm kinda noob on coding, but I can test)

Poq

Cooltrainer
Yeah, you can find me through the relic castle discord. If we find a solution, I'll post it here.

Poq

Cooltrainer
Okay, I found a fix that is less than pretty, but which does the trick. Find the code for "getBustedForm" and make these changes:
Code:
  def getBustedForm
      MIMIKYUS.each do |df|
        if df[0] == self.form
          return df[1]
        elsif df[1] == self.form
          return df[1]
        end
      end
    else
      return-1
    end
  end
end

MIMIKYUS=[[0,1],[2,3],[4,5]]#add additional pairs as necessary

Basically, what you do is create a constant (outside of a class)that is an array containing smaller arrays. each array is a pair containing first, a base form and second a busted form. The script now checks which of these pairs the Mimikyu's current form is a part of and identifies whether it is busted or disguised from there. It's a little clunky, but it works.

Back