• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Recruiting Project: Ventura (prototype name) recruitment

This thread's author is looking for long-term team members.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchell Productions

Rookie
Summary: Project Ventura is a game that will be created using a significantly modified version of Pokemon Unity. It takes place in the Harmonias region. Instead of humans, there will be various cute anthropomorphic animals and fantasy creatures. There will be humans, but all of them are foreigners from different regions. Those in Harmonias are only in minuscule concentrations around certain "tourist areas", and especially the battle frontier where the PWT is. The game will be at least gen 8, but until the gen 8 core games are released, it'll be on gen 7.

(may be subject to change and especially addition)
  • Pokemon:
    • There will probably be no fakemon in this game, but there will be new forms and maybe also mega evolutions, none of them which are final yet except for the starter Pokemon.
    • There will be new moves and abilities, but no new types.
    • The starter Pokemon will be one of the two ever Eevees of an exclusive form for this region, and the mechanics regarding them will be inspired from Let's Go, but it can actually evolve instead of staying as an Eevee.
  • Villains:
    • Instead of a single "Team (something)", there will be cults, at least three of them, all worshipping the legendary bird trio.
      • The Subzero cult worships Articuno, and their agenda is to "end global warming". But
        their real intention is equivalent to Team Magma/Aqua's, which is to make the climate freakishly cold.
        Also, they pursue Articuno to carry out their agenda, and
        then overestimate its actual power, and them finally using Articuno yielded underwhelming results and is all for nothing.
      • The Overheat cult worships Moltres, and their agenda is also on climate change, but "global cooling", which is a mere 70s fad in real life.
        The same thing goes with Subzero on their real intentions and also the consequences of their doings.
        They're bitter rivals with Subzero, and lots of their time is focused on getting distracted in fighting with them.
      • The Lightning cult worships Zapdos, and their agenda is on alternative energy instead of the former. They plan on using Zapdos as their proposed energy source,
        but immediately exhausts it as soon as they succeed in tapping energy from out of Zapdos's electric power.
        I'm not sure how they do with the other two cults, but they at least agree with Subzero on fossil fuels being a terrible energy source.
  • Gyms and league:
    • As with Insurgence, the gyms and league will be on themes instead of specific types. The player's parents will most likely be members, and also having a role in the story.
    • Every gym will have a trial sequence after beating the leader and before getting the badge.
  • Mechanics:
    • The bag will now be pretty much like in Let's Go, also meaning that things such as the storage system and renaming Pokemon are all on-demand instead of needing a PC or name rater.
    • There will be an on-demand mode for EV training, just like super training in gen 6, but there will be different minigames for each stat to raise a particular EV on, and completing a minigame will fill the Pokemon's training bar. Every fifth of that bar will do the same thing as gaining a heart in the affection stat in gen 6 and SM/USUM. It's accessible as one of the main menu options, probably between the team and bag buttons.
    • It will have full and flexible support for touchscreens and gamepads, including for vibration.
  • Rivals:
    • There will be a friendly rival and an unfriendly one.
      • The friendly one, Ace, gives the player their starter and keeps the other Eevee for himself to raise. More like Gary, he's shown to get gym badges, but unlike him, he supports the player and hopes for them to get as far as him, instead of mocking them for falling behind.
        Back to being like Gary, he's also the game's league champion.
      • The unfriendly one, without a confirmed name yet, is an expy of Gary (from the Kanto canon) and Jake (from Zeta and Omicron) but with a backstory and a walking partner Pokemon. His partner sympathizes with whoever he messes with. After the first battle with the player, he parodies that "trashy man" speech from Vietnamese Crystal.
        His attitude is later revealed to be because of his depression, and that he has that partner or else his problems would be "infinitely times worse". He is more like the anime Gary fate-wise, but instead of immediately turning friendly and warm, he becomes painfully ashamed about all of his jerk actions to everyone and isolates himself before coming out as an atoner. He gives the player one of his Pokemon as an apology gift after coming out. The rest of his involvement in the story is atonement and dealing with not going back to his old ways.
There's absolutely no development at this time. All that there is right now of it are a few Google docs. For recruiting, I need help on developing the story and other aspects of the game, all before development even starts. Because of this, there are no screenshots at all.
This modified version of Pokemon Unity will be 3D instead of 2.5D, but the models and everything for all of the Pokemon will be from either the games or something, most likely as just a placeholder.
Discord server: https://discord.gg/38yENUR

Last edited:

MGriffin

Trainer
Hey, I just wanted to say that I really like your recruiting thread! It's refreshing to see plot points being explained, too many people keep those things as secrets and that makes it hard to evaluate if I'm interested in the game.

Very cool to see someone using Unity too! I'm afraid I can't contribute, but good luck with the game! :)

Mitchell Productions

Rookie
Hey, I just wanted to say that I really like your recruiting thread! It's refreshing to see plot points being explained, too many people keep those things as secrets and that makes it hard to evaluate if I'm interested in the game.

Very cool to see someone using Unity too! I'm afraid I can't contribute, but good luck with the game! :)
Thank you very much. I have no experience in Unity either. And I expected and predicted a response like that, because Relic Castle is usually on RPG Maker. Also, it's usual and may also be more appealing, for there to be surprises and revelations like that such as secrets, because it's how
Team Plasma and some other villain gangs worked. Plasma's example being a PETA-styled guise, and then revealing to actually want to take over the world, and their agenda to release everyone's Pokemon was only to leave the population helpless.

Dragonite

Have they found the One Piece yet?
I was looking at Pokémon Unity a few months ago and wondering if anything was ever going to happen to it, neat. It's a really bad idea for me to take on even more projects at the moment since I'm already being lazy about the ones I have, and also Unity makes me ლ(ಠ益ಠლ), but good luck!

Mitchell Productions

Rookie
I was looking at Pokémon Unity a few months ago and wondering if anything was ever going to happen to it, neat. It's a really bad idea for me to take on even more projects at the moment since I'm already being lazy about the ones I have, and also Unity makes me ლ(ಠ益ಠლ), but good luck!
That's probably the point. With great flexibility comes great difficulty.

Mitchell Productions

Rookie
Sorry I for one can not contribute buuut

Epsilon will be releasing their build with the demo (iirc) so it will actually be useable
Some members of Epsilon's dev team on Discord said that the build will be released once the full game is out, and that they likely won't do a demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back