• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
How to Use a GIF for Your Title Screen

Tutorial How to Use a GIF for Your Title Screen V1.0

Michael

That One Guy
Michael submitted a new resource:

How to Use a GIF for Your Title Screen - So you don't have to suffer like I did

Have you ever wanted to use a GIF as your title screen but realized essentials doesn't support this for some reason? Well I have the method for you right here!

MAJOR WARNING: SAVE YOUR GIF TITLED "splash" TO THE "Pictures" FOLDER AND NOT "Titles". FAILING TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN A BLACK SCREEN.

Now with that out of the way, let's get on with the script!​

[SPOILER="Rip...

Read more about this resource...

Sonchu

Novice
I'm having an error when put this script in. It says
Script 'Scene_Intro line 94: NameError occurred
uninitialized constant IntroEventScene::PokemonLoad_Scene

Would you know what the problem could be? Thank you.

Sonchu

Novice
I'm having an error when put this script in. It says
Script 'Scene_Intro line 94: NameError occurred
uninitialized constant IntroEventScene::PokemonLoad_Scene

Would you know what the problem could be? Thank you.

Nevermind I fixed it. All I had to do was get rid of the underscore in PokemonLoad_Scene, which is very weird.

Michael

That One Guy
Nevermind I fixed it. All I had to do was get rid of the underscore in PokemonLoad_Scene, which is very weird.
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. But do you happen to have the Multiple Save Files script installed? It was built on an earlier version of essentials and since that time, the syntax has changed. Glad you got it working and enjoy the script!

Sonchu

Novice
I am using an earlier version of essentials for my game, so I assume that script is in there. Thank you for the reply.

Abundantmoderation

Rookie
Just came across this about a week ago! Amazing resource since I put hours in perfecting each frame of my title screen.. I’ve been messing around for a bit and I cannot seem to find a way to delay the music until after the intro slides? My title is dependent on the timing of the music. Should I just edit the music file to have a length of “quiet time” at the beginning?

Last edited:

Michael

That One Guy
Just came across this about a week ago! Amazing resource since I put hours in perfecting each frame of my title screen.. I’ve been messing around for a bit and I cannot seem to find a way to delay the music until after the intro slides? My title is dependent on the timing of the music. Should I just edit the music file to have a length of “quiet time” at the beginning?
Try moving the pbBGMPlay line to somewhere in the the OpenSplash function, should do the trick

Back