• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Starter "heart", Mega stone and Z-crystal graphics in the party screen

Resource Starter "heart", Mega stone and Z-crystal graphics in the party screen 1

Mr. Gela

Discord: theo#7722
Mr. Gela submitted a new resource:

Starter "heart" graphic in the party screen - Displays the pink heart given to the special LGPE starters in the party screen.

How does it work?!
You can make any Pokémon have a "special" flag through code. If the Pokémon is detected to have such special trait in them, then it will display that pink heart in the Party screen.

Show me the goods!
zcoMyh1.png
Animated (the heart stays in place):
2018-12-02_12-03-42.gif

Read more about this resource...

Mr. Gela

WolfPP

Discord wolfppontes
v7Lrtml.png

Nice to show Z-Crystals! Congratz!!!

Thanks to share with us, Gela!

Last edited:

Ulithium_Dragon

Trainer
Really nice job! Though a lot of people make edits to their script sections.

So if it's not too much to ask, could you maybe say what individual parts of PScreen_Party you edited instead of asking people to replace the entire section?

EDIT: Nevermind, I ran a script comparison against an unedited copy to find out what was changed. Still, it's probably a good idea to explain what you edited anyways. It's not like there's many sections that got amended.

Mr. Gela

Really nice job! Though a lot of people make edits to their script sections.

So if it's not too much to ask, could you maybe say what individual parts of PScreen_Party you edited instead of asking people to replace the entire section?

EDIT: Nevermind, I ran a script comparison against an unedited copy to find out what was changed. Still, it's probably a good idea to explain what you edited anyways. It's not like there's many sections that got amended.
For the heart sprite, it's just a copy of the @helditemsprite, using a different file and only when a certain flag is on.
As for the mega/z-crystal sprite, it's using @helditemsprite and uses similar methods to "pbIsMail?" to determine the type of item and then use a different filename. It will also set a "@mode". This mode is just a variable to base the X and Y coordinates of the graphic, as using the default cords as the default item sprite would make the two new ones off-center.

I figured if someone wants to check for the individual changes, they probably already have the skill and knowledge in using a text compare tool :-p Otherwise, they probably haven't changed the screen that much, and I'd rather keep the instructions straight-forward (the one for the starter heart is a bit messy imo) but I see your point crystal clear.

WolfPP

Discord wolfppontes
Gela, i want to use only mega stone and z-crystal (to show in my party screen0... How can i edit for it?

WolfPP

Discord wolfppontes
Gela. unfortanely for me doenst appears mega stone:
Party Folder:
Code:
icon_mega_zoroanite
icon_mega_zoroanite.png

item.txt:
Code:
723,ZOROANITE,Zoroanite,Zoroanites,1,1000,"One of the mysterious Mega Stones. Have Zoroark hold it, and this stone will enable it to Mega Evolve in battle.",0,0,0,

unknown.png

I have its Mega Evolution in 'pokemonforms.txt' and put your Party script above Main.

Thanks!

EDIT: DONE!

in my item.txt was wrong: the last number was "0" (as a common item), the correct one being "12" (like a mega stone identified by the script itself).

Wrong:
Code:
723,ZOROANITE,Zoroanite,Zoroanites,1,1000,"One of the mysterious Mega Stones. Have Zoroark hold it, and this stone will enable it to Mega Evolve in battle.",0,0,0,

Correct:
Code:
723,ZOROANITE,Zoroanite,Zoroanites,1,1000,"One of the mysterious Mega Stones. Have Zoroark hold it, and this stone will enable it to Mega Evolve in battle.",0,0,12,

Thanks, cya!

Last edited:

MillaLya

The Seagaroo
Strangely when I applied the script to a clean Essentials there's an error.
When I close the party screen and return to the pause menu, the following error message was displayed

Exception: NoMethodError
PScreen_Party:369:in `dispose'
SpriteWindow:497:in `pbDisposeSprite'
SpriteWindow:486:in `pbDisposeSpriteHash'
SpriteWindow:485:in `each'
SpriteWindow:485:in `pbDisposeSpriteHash'
PScreen_Party:623:in `pbEndScene'
PScreen_Party:1451:in `pbPokemonScreen'
PScreen_PauseMenu:176:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
PScreen_PauseMenu:173:in `pbFadeOutIn'
PScreen_PauseMenu:173:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

I tried to look into the code but still no clues... Do you have any idea how it could be?

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Mr. Gela

Strangely when I applied the script to a clean Essentials there's an error.
When I close the party screen and return to the pause menu, the following error message was displayed

I tried to look into the code but still no clues... Do you have any idea how it could be?

Sorry for the inconvenience!
I can't seem to replicate this... Could you try reinstalling it following all of the steps? Try to install it in a fresh new Essentials folder first, please.

MillaLya

The Seagaroo
I can't seem to replicate this... Could you try reinstalling it following all of the steps? Try to install it in a fresh new Essentials folder first, please.

Sloved! I commented out line 369 in the replacement Pscreen_Party.

Code:
   # @startersprite.bitmap.dispose

Don't know why it works, but seems that the code tried to dispose something non-existent for a Pokémon without the "special" flag.

Mr. Gela

Sloved! I commented out line 369 in the replacement Pscreen_Party.

Code:
   # @startersprite.bitmap.dispose

Don't know why it works, but seems that the code tried to dispose something non-existent for a Pokémon without the "special" flag.
Was the save file from before you installed the script? There's a good chance that, since the "special" flag didn't EXIST (not just being true or false) it can't create (or omit the creation of) the startersprite properly. Please let me know if that was it.

MillaLya

The Seagaroo
Was the save file from before you installed the script? There's a good chance that, since the "special" flag didn't EXIST (not just being true or false) it can't create (or omit the creation of) the startersprite properly. Please let me know if that was it.

Nope it was a new save. The crash happens when there're mons with the flag at false in party, regardless of the intended "starter" was distributed or not. I added an event in the player's room which gives a "special" ditto first activated and a non-special one every time after (actually copying from what you've wrote in the demonstration), and turns on the debug quick start. The game crashes when I attempt to close the party screen with two dittoes obtained in this manner.

Seems to me that commenting out that line makes the system treat the heart sign in the same way as the sign for held items, as there's no corresponding .bitmap.dispose command for handling held item icons in the same section.

Edit: I skipped the part defining the “special” flag (i.e. deleted line “p.special = true”) when giving the non-special ditto. Will look into whether this have something to do with what I experienced tomorrow - it’s late night in my time zone now.

Ok here's more experiment:
I set up two events with the same first page,
5c6f793342bf5.png

and different 2nd pages.
5c6f7a112cd55.png

Works perfectly when we only got the "starter" ditto, but both setup would crash on closing when the 2nd, "non-special" ditto's is on the party screen if line 369 of PScreen_Party is uncommented.
The essential is a clean new one, so is the save.

Last edited:

Juno and Ice

Rookie
unknown.png

For some reason, I'm getting this error. I started a new game and everything and the error still persists. Any idea why?

REALMUGEN

Trainer
Thanks for sharing. It's a beautiful script I used in my project in 17.2. Now I'm migrating to V19.1 and lost compatibility.

Any chance to upgrade?

Thank you very much!

Back