• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Modular Title Screen

Resource Modular Title Screen 1.0

Luka S.J.

Wastage of Time
Luka S.J. submitted a new resource:

Modular Title Screen - No hassle, all the fun

Hidden Text

X3Ad3AC.png

Hidden Text

[div="width: 90%;padding: 48px 5% 48px 5%;text-align...

Read more about this resource...

Ulithium_Dragon

Trainer
Is this any different from the version that was previously avaliable through your plugin tool, or is this just a reupload of the resource?

Poq

Cooltrainer
Is this any different from the version that was previously avaliable through your plugin tool, or is this just a reupload of the resource?
It looks like a more flexible, user friendly version of the older resource which wasn't a modular.

WolfPP

Discord wolfppontes
Nice script Luka! Simple and easy to config.Thanks for sharin! :D

risusen

Rookie
Am I missing something? I'm using Pokemon Essentials 17.2, extracted the contents of MTS_files.rar to their appropriate spots, created an entry for the script linked above Main, and uncommented the first preset (Electric Nightmare). Despite all of this, the title screen never appears.

No compile-time or run-time errors are thrown and I haven't seen any symptoms to diagnose what even could be going on. I tried installing on a fresh Pokemon Essentials 17.2 and I get the same result.

Edit:
So silly me, I didn't realize you had to open the game outside of RMXP. Although the script ran on a clean Pokemon Essentials, it did not run on my own project. I do not know why this was happening, but migrating into a new project was my solution.

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Wastage of Time
I didn't realize you had to open the game outside of RMXP.
This has been a QoL feature in Essentials since forever. In order not to waste too much of your time while beta testing, the game jumps straight into the load screen if you're running it from debug (which is triggered when you playtest the project from RMXP).
Although the script ran on a clean Pokemon Essentials, it did not run on my own project.
I can't guarantee compatibility with anything other than a clean version of Essentials.

Mr. Gela

Discord: theo#7722
Edit:
So silly me, I didn't realize you had to open the game outside of RMXP. Although the script ran on a clean Pokemon Essentials, it did not run on my own project. I do not know why this was happening, but migrating into a new project was my solution.
In your "Main" script section, you'll find this:
Code:
def pbCallTitle
  if $DEBUG
    return Scene_DebugIntro.new
  else
    # First parameter is an array of images in the Titles
    # directory without a file extension, to show before the
    # actual title screen.  Second parameter is the actual
    # title screen filename, also in Titles with no extension.
    return Scene_Intro.new(['intro1'], 'splash')
  end
end
You can replace that with this, in order to make the intro appear even when in Debug mode (just commenting out a few bits):
Code:
def pbCallTitle
  #if $DEBUG
  #  return Scene_DebugIntro.new
  #else
    # First parameter is an array of images in the Titles
    # directory without a file extension, to show before the
    # actual title screen.  Second parameter is the actual
    # title screen filename, also in Titles with no extension.
    return Scene_Intro.new(['intro1'], 'splash')
  #end
end

Ampharos 2.0

Rookie
uh, really dumb question, but when I try and run my project, it says I don't have the TitleScreen.rxdata file.
how do I get/build one?

Devil Lain

Rookie
Hey, I get this error in the title screen:

Script 'Main' Line 49: NoMethodError ocurred.

undefined method 'colorize' for # <Sprite:0xe356828>

What did I do wrong? I pasted the script above main, and put the folders on the pack where they belong.

Luka S.J.

Wastage of Time
Hey, I get this error in the title screen:

Script 'Main' Line 49: NoMethodError ocurred.

undefined method 'colorize' for # <Sprite:0xe356828>

What did I do wrong? I pasted the script above main, and put the folders on the pack where they belong.
Nah, that's my fault. I forgot to put a sprite function in the main pack that I released. I've fixed up the scripts in the main pack, but you can just download the new TitleScreen.rxdata and put it in your /Data/ folder instead.

Poliswag

King of the Polys
How do you download?
Your website doesn't seem to have any links.
Or, none that I can see.

Akinari Adachi

Rookie
How to fix this?

Script 'Main'line 49:ArgumentError Occurred.
wrong number of arguments(2 for 1)

Thank's

WolfPP

Discord wolfppontes
If you want a girl to running, paste this image in Titles>Modular TS> Panorama folder:
40qPjmE.png

But now i don't know how to add to recognize 'misc2' like a girl and put into the script. '-'

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Wastage of Time
Hi Guys, I'm lost here.

how do I "modify" the titles in the scripts?

A lot has been commented in the script, documenting what you can use and how you can use it. Some presets have been left for you to explore as well. MAKE SURE TO READ THE BITS IN GREEN. Or else you won't know how to actually configure your animated title screen. The main idea just boils down to adding modifier names to a config array.

Back