• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

In Development Celestite: Remastered Edition

This project is a work in progress. The content is subject to change, and not finished yet.
tumblr_pex6ywGwnu1rhq9alo1_640.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Introduction:
Not to be confused with "Pokemon: Celestite Version" by "AlphaGaming1". My game solely called "Celestite" was my first ever fangame project I made back in 2011-12 with a friend who at the time did the programming for me. Being my first game I didn't really know the best ways to promote it so it generally flew below the radar of basically everyone. That and the fact it's premise was so far from what we normally see in Pokemon games that I imagine it wouldn't draw much attention since it doesn't offer much in terms of nostalgia. None the less it was still visually beautiful and after taking some time away from it I've decided to come back to the project and remade the graphics as well as fix the errors and correct any story mistakes.

For reference of what the old version of the game looked like, I'll provide this link here to the Pokecommunity page it was on:
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=282455

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

tumblr_pex7mlh22m1rhq9alo1_250.png

Aina
"The dreamer of dreamers dreaming."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Story:
You play as Joshua; a young man on the eve of his birthday who is hoping that this will be the year he gets to begin his Pokemon adventure! However your plans get derailed a bit and you are dropped into a strange world; a dream world to be precise. In this dream world called "Luminos" all dreamers are connected and people from all over the world come to have fun and explore! But beware, though there are many magical dream Pokemon to discover and befriend, there are an equal number of Nightmare Pokemon who lurk in the shadows waiting to attack! However upon your arrival, you meet a mysterious girl named "Alice" who helps you along your journey. It is unclear her background or her motives, but she seems nice so why not trust her? It's an up and down ride and who knows where your adventure might take you!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meet your starter!

tumblr_pex8b1z50m1rhq9alo1_250.png

♦ Shmoo ♦
Grass Type

Characters:
In Celestite the protagonist and starter are fixed and the story is fairly linear; it's a bit more of an RPG in that respect. On the plus side though, you aren't a silent protagonist so that is a plus! The main character was originally based on me at the time of the original game and is now a work of fiction. I did my best to make all the characters unique in both personality and design and the following are some examples.

tumblr_pex8z6nyVU1rhq9alo1_540.png

tumblr_pex99kgnQ51rhq9alo1_640.png

Screenshots:

tumblr_peyxxjDvL41rhq9alo1_1280.png

*Will add more screens when more areas and events are added.

Credits:

Celestite Remastered Edition Team:
Elle

Pokémon Essentials:
Flameguru
Poccil
Maruno

Custom Scripts - Relic Castle:
Cilerba
Jonas930
Mej71

Pokémon:
GAME FREAK
Nintendo
Creatures inc.

Tiles & Sprites - DeviantArt:
Elle
Magiscarf
Neoriceisgood
Lotusking
Alucus
BigDeepVoice
UltimoSpriter
BoomxBig
Kyle-Dove
Hek-el-grande
The-Godlings-Rapture
Shawn-Frost
WesleyFG
Warox1994
TheGreatBlaid
Seiyouh
Peekychew
Derlo
FloatzelKing
Iametrine
AzureAquarian
TyranitarDark
McGenio

Special Thanks:
Jorge M. Carvalho "Aamelo"
LunarDusk
NurseEthi

DOWNLOAD LINK: Coming Fall 2018!

Last edited:

Elle

Maker of Many and Finisher of Few
UPDATE: I've finished mapping all the indoor areas for my small preview demo! Just 2 more outdoor maps and then all the mapping is done! :D

PhantomTheEevee

Member of the Aether Foundation
I really like it when the playable chara isn't silent as well as these portraits shown when someone is speaking, looking forward to the preview demo!

CoffeeBro

Helper!
LOVE IT! The characters portraits and maps and Snow! I really like snow e.e
The only problem to me is the Black And White Overworld Characters i do not like it too much :/ But it is fine to me!

Elle

Maker of Many and Finisher of Few
I really like it when the playable chara isn't silent as well as these portraits shown when someone is speaking, looking forward to the preview demo!
Still a long ways away but thank you!

LOVE IT! The characters portraits and maps and Snow! I really like snow e.e
The only problem to me is the Black And White Overworld Characters i do not like it too much :/ But it is fine to me!
Yeah I'll admit, I'm not always thrilled by gen5 sprites, but I think they fit best here so that's what I happened to go with. :)

where the download!? its 2019
Sorry, been super busy with other stuff. lol

Back