• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Game Aesthetics

Tutorial Game Aesthetics 2017-02-16

Aki submitted a new resource:

Game Aesthetics - Make everyone swoon over your beautiful screenshots

[tabs]
[tab=Quick Mentions]These aspects also reflect your aesthetic style!

• Your personal mapping style; Do you like trees in straight rows, or staggared? Are you the type to place small decorative tiles everywhere, or keep things simple?
  • Overall UI design; is there a certain color in every UI? Is it going for a modern look, or a certain pattern or texture?
  • Screen size; can be more rectangular, a square, or imitate a dual screen.
  • Anything regarding speech bubbles; using...
[/tab][/tabs]

Read more about this resource...

Sereza

#1 Empoleon Fangirl
On Palettes: How does one find the various color palettes from the main games? Or determine what they have? I tried googling color palettes too no avail 😅

On Palettes: How does one find the various color palettes from the main games? Or determine what they have? I tried googling color palettes too no avail 😅

Huh, I'm not sure I've ever seen a specific breakdown of any palettes (besides maybe gen 2 because it's so limited lol). For my example I just did a direct 1 to 1, grabbing a grass and tree color. I will say there are a couple things I'm aware of when you're trying to dertermine the palettes: gen 4 has two completely different looks for the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and HeartGold/SoulSilver games. The other is that gen 5 has a lot more color variety than anything before it because of the changing seasons.

Back