• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Creative What if you have a profound Pokemon idea?

WolfShadowWhisper

Just a wolf that loves the shadows on a hot day :)
What if you have a profound Pokemon Fangame/Fan Fiction idea, but you suck at drawing and have little game creation knowledge, but yet you have this awesome idea for a Pokemon Game no-one had done or written about? You desire to play your idea because the story is so unique, that after all the Pokemon anime, mangas and games you have devoured, you find that no-one has ever thought of your idea. You don't want bragging rights, you just want someone to create this and bring it to life. What do you do? I need advice.

P.s. this is the first time I put a thread up. I hope this is the right section....

MGriffin

Trainer
First suggestion. Try to learn to write games. It's rewarding, and nobody will tell your story exactly like you want to. If you have an interesting demo, then even if you're not able to do all the things you want it will be easier to convince others to join your team.

If not, write the story down and post it somewhere. Maybe someone will be inspired and pick it up (but probably putting their own spin on it), and maybe they won't. Either way, you'll never know if you don't try!

WolfShadowWhisper

First suggestion. Try to learn to write games. It's rewarding, and nobody will tell your story exactly like you want to. If you have an interesting demo, then even if you're not able to do all the things you want it will be easier to convince others to join your team.

If not, write the story down and post it somewhere. Maybe someone will be inspired and pick it up (but probably putting their own spin on it), and maybe they won't. Either way, you'll never know if you don't try!

Thanks man, I appreciate the advice. I have dabbled a little with RPG maker, I just don't have confidence enough for Pokemon Essentials yet, and stuff like creating stats for Fakemon etc... But I like option 2. I have written stories and poems and people like my stuff maybe I should try writing it down and I can inspire people. I am an artist so I write for the community, not for myself, so giving up my idea to the world can maybe bring a bit of my idea to life.

WolfShadowWhisper

Evan's got a Writing Club over here! Maybe that could be a place for you to share some of your work? There's also a thread for fangame prompts, but I don't know if that'd suit your poems as well.

Thanks a million! I'll give the Writing Club a go and look at the other thread :D You guys rock! The Pokemon fan scene is the greatest.

Anime Watcher

dabbling in game design
If you have a profound idea that no one has explored before and you just don't know some of the simple steps, share it. Maybe someone in the community can help you fill in the details.

Back