• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Game Jam Game Jam #4: Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
gj4logo.png

Let the jam commence yet again!
RELIC GAME JAM #4 has begun!
JUNE 30TH - AUGUST 10TH 2018

Recruitment Thread
Overview Thread - Discussion Thread
Be sure to check out the game jam channels on our Discord!

Relic Game Jam #4

Welcome to the fourth annual Relic Castle Game Jam!

For the uninformed: a game jam is an event where developers will get together and make a game. It sounds simple at first glance, but making a good game is much more difficult and time consuming than you might think. Participating in one is a great way to challenge yourself, learn new skills, and polish your overall experience as a game developer.

Another year, another game jam! Our fourth game jam might not be too different from previous years, but we're nonetheless incredibly excited to see those familiar faces and newcomers alike! Year after year, everyone impresses us with how creative and unique their entries are -- and we don't think this year will be any different.

The Pokémon fan game community is an amazing place, and that's all thanks to each and every one of you. Take pride in that, and your hard work! Let's make this game jam a special one!

And an extra special thanks to @Cilerba for the game jam logo this year!

You can find more information about the game jam in the Overview Thread.

Recruitment Thread

Welcome to the Relic Game Jam #4 recruitment thread! In this thread, you can seek assistance with your entry or volunteer your talents for another entry. If you're looking to do anything but discuss recruitment, please use the general discussion thread.

If you're recruiting or volunteering, please use the following templates. Keep in mind that you aren't required to have any progress on your jam entry before recruiting.

[Recruiting]
  • Looking to recruit:
  • Jam Entry Title:
  • Team Name/Team Members:
  • Progress/Screenshots:
  • Method of Contact:
  • Timezone:
  • Additional Information:

[Volunteering]
  • Expertise:
  • Examples of Work:
  • Method of Contact:
  • Timezone:
  • Additional Information:

CrimsonTy

Just some guy
  • Looking to recruit: Mappers (Mostly for puzzles)
  • Jam Entry Title: Pokmon Experiment
  • Team Name/Team Members: Team Full Cowling
  • Progress/Screenshots: No screenshot available
  • Method of Contact: Discord (Larvestaable in the Discord)
  • Timezone: EST
  • Additional Information: I'm quite creative

D

Deleted member 1065

Looking to recruit:
- Pixel artists that can create item icons (electronic items), create animation / mon sprite or make/adjust tiles.​
- Scenarist that can write a better story than I can write using some directives​
- People that has good maping idea in order to map (RMXP or Tiled)​
Jam Entry Title: EM-Mon
Team Members:
- Nuri Yuri : Programmer, database maker, potential mapper, potential scenarist
Progress:
The shader of my project idea is written in GLSL, I’ve thought about the game and done some research about some characteristics of the EM-Mon (using Wikipedia).
Method of Contact: Using Discord® my tag is “Nuri Yuri#0158
Timezone: UTC+2 (France)
Additional Information:
EM-Mon will be done using Pokémon SDK alpha 23.11+ in order to use the shaders to represent EM-Mons.
The pixel artist must make their resources in 1x1 unless they’re tiles that should be in 2x2.

The game is centered on Electromagnetism, wave and stuff related.
The mechanics of the game will be a little different from the Pokemon Games :
- Skills are related to EM wave unless they’re giving a state like poisoning (EM-Mon has a physical form in another dimension, we can “see” them because of the EM-Wave they’re producing).​
- There are no real types, all the damage and stuff (except poison/burn etc…) are related to the properties of the moves and the EM-mon​
- Items won’t the same as the Pokemon items. They should be electronic items that perform stuff to the EM-Mon​
- The player will have to discover the mechanics of the EM-Mon (how they’re affected by moves and stuff like that).​
- The game will be in English but will potentially have release in other languages if we have time to.​
- I’ll give the other details to the people that are interested (I don’t want to spoil everything).​
Info about the people that can be recruited:
- You’re not forced to do all the necessary resources but items are the most important resources.​
- You can do stuff about the scenario even if you’re not scenarist. I’m multi task so you’re allowed to be so.​

Glitchy_Dragonite

[Clever Title Goes Here]
[Volunteering]
I am looking to join a team to improve my skill and get connected within the Relic Castle community. I haven't made a finished project with Pokemon Essentials, but have lots of experience with the engine (about 4+ years worth). Thus, I don't have very many examples of my work readily available, but I can create something as an example upon request.
Expertise: Mapping, Eventing, World Design, Story Design
Examples of Work: Examples will be provided upon request.
Method of Contact: PM me on here or on Discord (amiibo#1106).
Timezone: EST
Additional Notes: N/A

xUMG

Hoho-oh?
[Recruiting]
  • Looking to recruit: Hello, I'm looking to recruit a mapper, one that doesn't need to be particularly skilled, but can map just decently.
  • Jam Entry Title: Pokémon Chrismas Stories
  • Team Name/Team Members:
xUMG - Eventing, Story
Haunted Ditto - Spriting

• Method of Contact: Please contact me on Disocord xUMG#4982
  • Timezone: UTC+08:00
  • Additional Information: The maps that are needed to be made are gen 5, I can also draw a concept map for the maps if needed.
Thanks!

Ash2louis

Rookie
Looking to recruit : a spriter to do some trainers and overworlds and a person who can do pixel are for some Items

Jam name: pokemon World tournament or PWT

Team name:
Ash2louis mapping and events
Kingsavage146 beta testing

Method of contact find me on discord at Ash2louis#3715

Time zone Gmt +02:00

HollowGap

How am I still alive
[Recruiting]

Hello, I'm in need of someone to collaborate on a jam project. I don't have a complete game on my belt, but I have some experience here and there. Having a team also useful to kick my butt around.
  • Looking to recruit:
    - Someone who can help on creating events. Not complicated, but might be somewhat long because of face portraits during dialogues.
    - While not required, a mapper can help on making rough maps look pretty.
  • Jam Entry Title: A Zoroark Among Us
  • Team Members: My friend is going to make some graphics while I take care of writing, mapping, etc.
  • Method of Contact: Send a message through Discord (eatgrass#6951 ) or Relic Castle, showing your previous maps can also help.
  • Timezone: UTC+6.
  • Additional Information: If you want to be involved in a Pokemon game that centers around Pokemon characters than humans, this is the one.

manta

★★★★★
[Recruiting]
  • Looking to recruit:
- Spriter to do overworlds and possibly some Trainer sprites
  • Jam Entry Title: Guilty Miracle
  • Team Name/Team Members: Just me currently
  • Progress/Screenshots: Story/maps are being written and worked on
  • Method of Contact: Discord - Mantager#2753
  • Timezone: BST / UTC+1
  • Additional Information: It will be a story-focused entry.

At Night

Rookie
[Recruiting]
Not sure if there's still anyone looking to join a team but I could use a person who is good at making overworld sprites as they are not my forte. I haven't released a game yet, but I have experience just working on a project that I ended up scrapping.
  • Looking to recruit: A spriter that can would be able to make sprites for the main character of this game. I could also use a person who can make decent title screens if that's your thing.
  • Jam Entry Title: Bill's Beginnings
  • Team Name/Team Members: Just me at the moment
  • Progress/Screenshots: I'm working on a game that is in the Kanto region, so I'm recreating the maps and editing them a bit using Pokemon Essentials. I've also added a few new maps to spice up the region. I plan on adding a couple more new maps as well. I've already created 8 maps for this game so far and a bunch of events as well. The story revolves around Bill and how he became the engineer behind the PC. The game will be very story based and involve Team Rocket. Pm me if you'd like to see some screenshots.
  • Method of Contact: PM me on Relic Castle or add me on Skype - username is pelosizilla. If you add me on Skype make sure to say you came from Relic Castle and want to help me on this game.
  • Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST)
  • Additional Information: I've really wanted to get a game together for Relic Castle's Game Jam, just never had the time to put in. I'd be grateful if you joined me and helped me get my first game out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back