• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Animating Sprites: Aki's method

Tutorial Animating Sprites: Aki's method 2017-02-16

Aki submitted a new resource:

Animating Sprites: Aki's method - Getting your pixel art to move around; focused more on the technique than certain programs

My method may not be the most effective or efficient, but maybe we can pick up some tricks from each other! Okay, here's the process I go through when I animate sprites:

[tabs]
[tab=Step 1: The Sprite]
Finish the sprite before doing any animation.
Make sure the sprite is already finished; like 100% excellent on its' own without being animated. It will be a pain to go back an make changes to the coloring or design during or after the animation process!

So, since I don't have a...​
[/tab][/tabs]

Read more about this resource...

Aki updated Animating Sprites: Aki's method with a new update entry:

Ya girl's back years later because this resource still gets linked for some reason like what

Why the update? I just read the tutorial for the first time in a long time and I'm cringing omg. This tutorial was ported as-is from the old Relic site, and the only reason I wrote it back then was because someone requested me to do it. I'm still no animation expert or even student, but if I'm the best we've got...well I can do better.

Firstly I'll admit, I still use GIMP and still don't recommend it as your main editing tool. It is...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back