• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
PokéCenter Monitor Icons

Tutorial PokéCenter Monitor Icons 1.2

Ulithium_Dragon

Trainer
Ulithium_Dragon submitted a new resource:

PokéCenter Monitor Icons - Shows your Party Pokemon's icons on the monitor when healing at a PokeCenter.

PokéCenter Monitor Icons

KeMuG4I.gif
*This is fully compatible with mej71's Improved PokeCenters!

-------
This script shows your Party Pokemon's icons on the monitor when healing at a PokeCenter. It requires some manual setup, though.

See the notes at the top of the script for installation and usage instructions!...

Read more about this resource...

Oracle of Delphox

Rookie
Just a question: Have I to subsitute the script
count=$Trainer.pokemonCount
for i in 1..count
pbSet(6,i)
pbSEPlay("ballshake")
pbWait(16)
end
with pbPokemonCenterIcons(xcoord=260,ycoord=35,scale=0.45)?
Because the nurse takes my Pokémon the icons are displayed, but the number of Pokéballs is wrong and some of them appear whereas some of them disappear.

Ulithium_Dragon

Trainer
Just a question: Have I to subsitute the script
count=$Trainer.pokemonCount
for i in 1..count
pbSet(6,i)
pbSEPlay("ballshake")
pbWait(16)
end
with pbPokemonCenterIcons(xcoord=260,ycoord=35,scale=0.45)?
Because the nurse takes my Pokémon the icons are displayed, but the number of Pokéballs is wrong and some of them appear whereas some of them disappear.
There are two different scripts depending on whether or not you use mej71's Improved PokeCenters resource. Make sure you're using the correct one?

Also just to clarify, you don't need to put "xcoord=" into the command, just use "pbPokemonCenterIcons(260,35,0.45)". I don't know if this actually affects anything or not, but it's probably not a good idea.

EDIT: Also I only tested this with Pokemon Essentials v16.2 and 17.2 - if you're using an older version of Essentials it's possible the script may have to be tweaked to work with it. Idk what the last version that edited how Pokemon Centers work was.

Ulithium_Dragon

Trainer
I've modified my game into v16.2 version. Now works perfectly. Thank you :)
Oooh... I see the problem. I forgot that PE v17 renamed a bunch of sound files (for some no doubt very important reason that I cannot think of...).

I'll write in v17 compatibility checks and post a script update.

Mudstep

Rookie
Really like the script. How do you get the monitor to flash while healing like in the example?

NicoMts

Rookie
Good Script! but i see a problem using "Improved Pokécenters", the problem is when im healing a pokemon, the healing song play 2 times the audio, I Hope you cand help me, Because the script is very good!

Ulithium_Dragon

Trainer
Good Script! but i see a problem using "Improved Pokécenters", the problem is when im healing a pokemon, the healing song play 2 times the audio, I Hope you cand help me, Because the script is very good!
That doest have anything to do with Improved Pokecenters. Remove the ME from the event. For timing reasons, its now included in the script.

Poq

Cooltrainer
So, I love this script, but I have mixed feelings about the shrunken icons. I'm still relatively new to scripting in ruby/essentials, so I'm wondering how challenging it would be to adapt this script to use a different array of images that are created specifically to fit the available dimensions?

Ulithium_Dragon

Trainer
So, I love this script, but I have mixed feelings about the shrunken icons. I'm still relatively new to scripting in ruby/essentials, so I'm wondering how challenging it would be to adapt this script to use a different array of images that are created specifically to fit the available dimensions?
Um... I included a size parameter you know.

Code:
pbPokemonCenterIcons(x, y, size)
Change the size to whatever you want. The default is 0.45 because 0.5 (native resolution) does not fit onto the FrLg sized Pokemon Center monitors.

Poq

Cooltrainer
Change the size to whatever you want. The default is 0.45 because 0.5 (native resolution) does not fit onto the FrLg sized Pokemon Center monitors.
I did see the size parameter, and I'm playing with it. It would probably be simplest to edit my tiles and have a bigger screen, but one I got the idea in my head of putting something else in there, I had to explore it. I'm thinking maybe the whole screen could display something like the blocky pokémon quest portraits or, if I'm lazier, just a flash of one or two colors, kind of evoking the gen ii capture animation or the candy in pokémon go.
I'm fine exploring it myself - just thought it wouldn't hurt to check with the creator.

Ulithium_Dragon

Trainer
I did see the size parameter, and I'm playing with it. It would probably be simplest to edit my tiles and have a bigger screen, but one I got the idea in my head of putting something else in there, I had to explore it. I'm thinking maybe the whole screen could display something like the blocky pokémon quest portraits or, if I'm lazier, just a flash of one or two colors, kind of evoking the gen ii capture animation or the candy in pokémon go.
I'm fine exploring it myself - just thought it wouldn't hurt to check with the creator.
You want to use something other than pokemon party icons? I mean sure I guess you could do that. Whatever you use, you'll need to replace "pbPokemonIconFile" with a function that associates your new icons with a specific pokemon.

Darren Esquire

Rookie
Sorry, I'm new to this and I have a little trouble following. Is there any way you can screenshot how the event would look if you DO have the Healing Balls script installed? Thanks!

Ulithium_Dragon

Trainer
Sorry, I'm new to this and I have a little trouble following. Is there any way you can screenshot how the event would look if you DO have the Healing Balls script installed? Thanks!

The procedure is functionally no different from the way you do it with the normal Pokemon Center Nurse event. Just delete the topmost twe script blocks and replace them with mine:
er6mfis.png

*Ignore the extra "Wait for Move's Completion" after the script block... I had to whip up an example because I have a lot of extra stuff in my own events and I missed deleting it.

Back