• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Text input settings controlled by the player

Tutorial Text input settings controlled by the player 2017-02-16

Mr. Gela

Discord: theo#7722
Kiedisticelixer submitted a new resource:

Text input settings controlled by the player - Allowing the player to change text input (keyboard or classic), instead of having it hardcoded.

What's this?
Pokémon Essentials allows you to choose whether the text input (naming the player, rival, nicknaming a Pokémon...) works like in the main games or it uses keyboard input. If you didn't know, this is the last setting in your Settings script section and is false by default. With this resource, you'll be able to add a new setting to the options screen, allowing the player to switch between the two at will. Personally, I prefer keyboard input as it's much more natural but I...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
I tried putting this into my game, and I made double sure I followed the steps, but I got an error every time I tried to change the setting
p3LTUvV.png

Back