• Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!
Resource icon

Resource Better Region Map v1.0

MishaKozlovacki

Novice
Right now, this won't work with anything in v19, because it's only been updated for v18. But there's no reason this would be incompatible with the Map Exporter if it was updated, the two are working with entirely different script sections.
understood. Thank you so much

Alpha Zetanium XYZ

Novice
Hello! i wanted to ask if this can be updated to 19.1+? have a good day! sorry im too weird to write a comment

Last edited:

Arcky

Arcky's Region Map Developer
I've been working hard on this script to make it compatible with v20.1 and I actually managed to do it!
Here's the download link:
Tested in base essentials so it should work for your project as well. Have fun!

Last edited:

Keyacom

20100 = Magic number
@Arcky
I tried using your v20.1 compatibility fix, but it caused ENOENT when opening the Town Map.
1681207572719.png
This is probably because it tries to fetch the file by Trainer gender, not by Trainer class.
"Marin's Better Region Map.rb", lines 81-102:
    if @show_player
      map_metadata = $game_map.metadata
      if playerpos[0] == @region
        gender = $Trainer.gender.to_digits(3)
        mapsize = map_metadata.town_map_size
        @map_x = playerpos[1]
        @map_y =  playerpos[2]
        if mapsize != nil
          sqwidth  = mapsize[0]
          sqheight = (mapsize[1].length.to_f / mapsize[0]).ceil
        else
          sqwidth = 1
          sqheight = 1
        end
        @map_x += ($game_player.x * sqwidth / $game_map.width).floor if sqwidth > 1
        @map_y += ($game_player.y * sqheight / $game_map.height).floor if sqheight > 1
        @window["player"].bmp("Graphics/Pictures/mapPlayer#{gender}")
        @window["player"].x = TileWidth * @map_x + (TileWidth / 2.0)
        @window["player"].y = TileHeight * @map_y + (TileHeight / 2.0)
        @window["player"].center_origins
      end
    end

Arcky

@Arcky
I tried using your v20.1 compatibility fix, but it caused ENOENT when opening the Town Map.
This is probably because it tries to fetch the file by Trainer gender, not by Trainer class.
"Marin's Better Region Map.rb", lines 81-102"Marin's Better Region Map.rb", lines 81-102:
    if @show_player
      map_metadata = $game_map.metadata
      if playerpos[0] == @region
        gender = $Trainer.gender.to_digits(3)
        mapsize = map_metadata.town_map_size
        @map_x = playerpos[1]
        @map_y =  playerpos[2]
        if mapsize != nil
          sqwidth  = mapsize[0]
          sqheight = (mapsize[1].length.to_f / mapsize[0]).ceil
        else
          sqwidth = 1
          sqheight = 1
        end
        @map_x += ($game_player.x * sqwidth / $game_map.width).floor if sqwidth > 1
        @map_y += ($game_player.y * sqheight / $game_map.height).floor if sqheight > 1
        @window["player"].bmp("Graphics/Pictures/mapPlayer#{gender}")
        @window["player"].x = TileWidth * @map_x + (TileWidth / 2.0)
        @window["player"].y = TileHeight * @map_y + (TileHeight / 2.0)
        @window["player"].center_origins
      end
    end
hey, thank you for reporting this issue but it can actually be easily solved by naming the player icons the way it was intented
image.png

just like on the image above. I don't see any reason to make it use trainer class instead as it works just fine this way and when you have 3 genders or more it'll still work as it is using the same gender ID the game uses by default. I hope you understand.

Arcky

Hey, hey everyone, thanks to @darkonius Mavaker (discord name) for reporting this bug/issue. I just updated the download link which now contains the updated version. If you have any issues you can contact me on discord and I'll try my best to help you out (can't promise though xD). Have a great day!
You can either download the new version here or from the plugin page itself.

Keyacom

20100 = Magic number
hey, thank you for reporting this issue but it can actually be easily solved by naming the player icons the way it was intented
image.png

just like on the image above. I don't see any reason to make it use trainer class instead as it works just fine this way and when you have 3 genders or more it'll still work as it is using the same gender ID the game uses by default. I hope you understand.
On the Discord server, Golisopod User made a fix for this, which is to change the erroneous line to:
Ruby:
filename = GameData::TrainerType.player_map_icon_filename($player.trainer_type)
@window["player"].bmp(filename)

Arcky

On the Discord server, Golisopod User made a fix for this, which is to change the erroneous line to:
Ruby:
filename = GameData::TrainerType.player_map_icon_filename($player.trainer_type)
@window["player"].bmp(filename)
I have just updated the plugin and it includes that now and also another fix I discovered when using "hidden islands" now it'll hide the encounter data. When a pokemon can only be found on a hidden map it'll say "Area Unkown" as long as the hidden island is hidden. If there are other bugs, you can always contact me on discord

DeltaZ

Novice
Can you switch the Better Region map from the Town map to the Pokegear map?

DeltaZ

Novice
Better Region map has a bug that as soon as you move the map, the cursor no longer aligns with the city icons etc.
bug.PNG

D0vid

Rookie
Hi there,

I updated Arcky's updated script for v20.1 to be compatible with the newer v21.1

Install notes : Just unzip in your project's root folder, so the graphics are properly replaced

So far everything I tested works, if there's something wrong you may contact me on discord :)

CoderFreddy

Novice
Hi there,

I updated Arcky's updated script for v20.1 to be compatible with the newer v21.1

Install notes : Just unzip in your project's root folder, so the graphics are properly replaced

So far everything I tested works, if there's something wrong you may contact me on discord :)

Where can I find your discord?
Edit: Whenever I try to use fly it gives off the following error:
[Pokémon Essentials version 21]
[v21 Hotfixes 1.0.1]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
[Marin's Better Region Map] Marin's Better Region Map.rb:255:in `pbGetHealingSpot'
[Marin's Better Region Map] Marin's Better Region Map.rb:236:in `block (2 levels) in initialize'
[Marin's Better Region Map] Marin's Better Region Map.rb:235:in `each'
[Marin's Better Region Map] Marin's Better Region Map.rb:235:in `block in initialize'
[Marin's Better Region Map] Marin's Better Region Map.rb:234:in `each'
[Marin's Better Region Map] Marin's Better Region Map.rb:234:in `initialize'
[Marin's Better Region Map] Marin's Better Region Map.rb:20:in `new'
[Marin's Better Region Map] Marin's Better Region Map.rb:20:in `pbBetterRegionMap'
[Marin's Better Region Map] Marin's Better Region Map.rb:731:in `block (2 levels) in pbStartReadyMenu'
MessageConfig:609:in `pbFadeOutInWithUpdate'

Last edited:

D0vid

Rookie
Where can I find your discord?
Edit: Whenever I try to use fly it gives off the following error:
[Pokémon Essentials version 21]
[v21 Hotfixes 1.0.1]

Backtrace:
[Marin's Better Region Map] Marin's Better Region Map.rb:255:in `pbGetHealingSpot'
[Marin's Better Region Map] Marin's Better Region Map.rb:236:in `block (2 levels) in initialize'
[Marin's Better Region Map] Marin's Better Region Map.rb:235:in `each'
[Marin's Better Region Map] Marin's Better Region Map.rb:235:in `block in initialize'
[Marin's Better Region Map] Marin's Better Region Map.rb:234:in `each'
[Marin's Better Region Map] Marin's Better Region Map.rb:234:in `initialize'
[Marin's Better Region Map] Marin's Better Region Map.rb:20:in `pbBetterRegionMap'
[Marin's Better Region Map] Marin's Better Region Map.rb:731:in `block (2 levels) in pbStartReadyMenu'
MessageConfig:609:in `pbFadeOutInWithUpdate'
My discord is just my username : d0vid

Thunderbird games

Novice
Hi there,

I've encountered an error with your plugin
[Pokémon Essentials version 21.1]
[v21.1 Hotfixes 1.0.0]
[EBDX v1.4.1 (E21)]

Backtrace:
[Marin's Better Region Map] Marin's Better Region Map.rb:52:in `initialize'
[Marin's Better Region Map] Marin's Better Region Map.rb:533:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
MessageConfig:575:in `pbFadeOutIn'
[Marin's Better Region Map] Marin's Better Region Map.rb:532:in `block in <main>'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 003_VoltseonMenu_Menu.rb:54:in `update'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:222:in `block in update'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:219:in `loop'
[Voltseon's Pause Menu] 002_VoltseonMenu_Main.rb:219:in `update'

Back