• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

In Development Pokemon Recondite

This project is a work in progress. The content is subject to change, and not finished yet.
Updated-5/26/19
This project is NOT dead. Great, now that we got out of the way I can say what I've been doing. I have been working on this game on and off due to irl stuff and to give myself a break so I don't overwork and make something I'm not happy with. That being said, the game will look completely different. I like to call it a graphic overhaul because I'm replacing/editing a majority of graphics into something that are objectively better and/or something I can say I made. That being said no progress on the actual game has been done because why make something and have to go back cause I'm using new tilesets or etc. The way I want to make this game is have all the assets ready so I can go full steam ahead on the game itself. The current schedule of sorts for the game will be:
1- finish graphics to the extent of what I think I'll need, time frame = month(s)
2- finish off adding whatever music I'm going to add to the game, time frame = week
3- scripting stuff, essentially add the features I know for sure I'll have, time frame = week(s) - month(s)
4- update what's been made with new assets and such, time frame = week(s) - month(s)
5- Play test for Pokemon Recondite Version 0.1!, time frame = week(s)
6- New Content!
Once I manage to finish up what I have planned with graphics, I can give an approximation for when Version 0.1 will be out. In order to speed up the process I would need someone to help me make trainer sprites/ overworld sprites.

Introduction/Summary
You and your parents move into a seemingly boring town in the region of Petra. Petra is one of the regions that Kalos was at war with 3000 years ago. You and your rival, Xavier, are taken into an adventure by a mysterious Pokemon that kick starts your journey. You soon learn that defeating gym leaders no longer grants you entry into the Pokemon League, if that's even your goal. As you try to discover the past, the present stands in your way with a new twist and turn at every corner. Each tide that tries to change this region has its own ideal, which do you believe?
Knowledge or Power
Slow and Steady vs Radical and Revolutionary
Past or Future
Reality vs Intention
Or return to zero...​

New Features
-Ability to chain pokemon in the overworld like in Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
-Custom Story with a brand new region and lore
-Overworld Battles (Will be explained at a later time)
-Gym leaders are replaced
-More Than 10 New Terrains (an example of an existing one is Electric Terrain)
-Gen 4/5 graphics (95% or more gen 4 and little gen 5)

Common Features
-Sidequests
-Pokemon up to generation 7 (includes alolan forms and possibly meltan/melmetal)
-Mega evolution (potential for custom megas)
-New moves
-Important characters like Frontier Brains, Elite Four, and leaders of significant groups
-Pokemon Changes which includes types, stat redistribution, moves, and etc.
-HMs will be replaced with key items

Potential Features
-Challenge Mode which could consist of:
Randomizer
Nuzlocke
A custom challenge mode I make
-Multiple endings (I want to say there will be I just don't see myself there yet in terms of game progress)

Screenshots
54GzMn4.png

Outdated due to using different resources and etc.
( Full list of names will be in a text document titled CREDITS)
Credits to Poccil, Flameguru, and Maruno for "Pokemon Essentials"
Credit to everyone who worked on the "Project: Generation 6 Release" here on Relic Castle (credits for everyone who worked on this will be in a text document within the game folder)
Credit to whoever created the overworld sprites from the "Following Pokemon Resource" (I don't know who out of these people made the sprites but I'll mention everyone: Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71)
Credit to Obito at RHR for Tutorial:View IV/EV on Pokemon Summary
Credit to Mej71 for inverse and sky battles code
Credit to Mr Sunshine! and princess-phoenix for the majority of the 7th gen overworld sprites.
Credit to NicoMts for Alolan Muk, Alolan Grimer, Alolan Rattata, and Alolan Raticate overworld sprites.
Credit to princess-phoenix for Decidueye and Incineroar overworld sprites.

Tileset Credits
-various hgss tiles from water2 and mountains rocks- ThunderDove
-beach autotile- Rayquaza-dot
-Animated Water- Lightbulb15
-various HGSS tiles - Crazyninjaguy
-various DPPt tiles - SytheXP
-abadoned ship- Gallanty
-bw veihciles- WesleyFg
-lava autotile- Clara-WaH
-outside ruins- Dante and Hydrargirium
-Majority of Overworld and Cave tiles- zetavares852 and everyone else in his list of credits https://www.deviantart.com/zetavares852/journal/

Battler Sprites
Gens 1-5 GameFreak
Gen 6 Smogon X/Y Sprite Project
Gen 7 Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project

-USUM Sprites (Non Shiny)
Leparagon
Amethyst

-USUM Sprites (Shiny)
MillaLya

-Gen 1-7 Egg Sprites from Pokemon Reborn and the credits for these sprites will be in the text doc CREDITS

Music Credits:
Game Freak, Junichi Masuda and others who worked on Pokemon's Original Sound Tracks
GlitchxCity
Emdasche/ElectricMudkip
Mewmore
Sheddy
VanilluxePavilion
Pokeli
Kamex
Credit to Luca S.J. for Elite Battle System
Credit to Marin for Better Fast-Forward
Credit to everyone who worked on the Sun and Moon Pack (full list in credits)

Team
Allan5829 - Lead Developer, Everything Else

Want to join the team? / How to help?
https://eeveeexpo.com/threads/2217/

Any feedback or questions are greatly appreciated and have a great day or night!

Last edited:

Mewleon

The Nyoomster
Just by first impressions, I can see Potiental in this upcoming project, mostly due to the plot. The features being featured in your thread are intesting as well, especially the custom shinies owo). Can't wait to see further development!

bjfinest34

Creator of Pokémon Stratus Dreams
Love the fresh ideas that you're providing for your players. I can't wait to see what this game has to offer!

XCobra

Rookie
Your game sounds interesting so I am going to give it a try and give the beta a score out of 5 it sounds very promising

NormanGuy

Rookie
I just arrived to Ozark Cave and I can't go any further because I can't cross the bridge for some reason. It's just like there's some barrier preventing me from going on it.

Back