• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

Entertainment Anime?

A weeb totally made this thread a year ago.

• Total voters

xUMG

Hoho-oh?
Anime huh?..... I started watching Animes last year, My sister gave me a copy of Animes to watch cuz i was bored and such, That's how i got into watching Anime.

So what do you think about Animes? Me watching Anime is probably something i can't remove, Do you have a top Anime list? What do you think when your finishing an Anime? Everything you feel about it you should post here!

Oh! and also give me a recommendation on what to watch next!

1. The World God only Knows
2. Pokémon and Fairy Tail
3 .Hunter x Hunter

These are some Animes i have. (I recommend you watch them as well but not Aquarion Evol)

gwPioGF.png

Last edited:

RaichuBender

Rookie
My friends made me addicted to My Hero Academia. It only has two seasons. The third one is coming out soon I think.

Greninjauzumaki

pika pika
My favourites are Death note, Naruto and Naruto shippuden. The thing I liked about Naruto is the character development of Naruto and his passion to fulfill his dreams of becoming Hokage. However I am not that happy with the new Boruto Anime.

I used to love the pokemon anime when I was small( probably 3 to 4 years ago) and I think I watched upto Diamond and Pearl. I used to love it back then when they put the show for 2 to 3 hours straight and they hold very happy memories. I also watched Dragon Ball Z back then and I watched till some guy called Cell dies or something like that.

From the animes you have , I would recommend watching One punchman
Tokyo Ghoul (If you are okay with violence)
Sword art online

xUMG

Hoho-oh?
My favourites are Death note, Naruto and Naruto shippuden. The thing I liked about Naruto is the character development of Naruto and his passion to fulfill his dreams of becoming Hokage. However I am not that happy with the new Boruto Anime.

I used to love the pokemon anime when I was small( probably 3 to 4 years ago) and I think I watched upto Diamond and Pearl. I used to love it back then when they put the show for 2 to 3 hours straight and they hold very happy memories. I also watched Dragon Ball Z back then and I watched till some guy called Cell dies or something like that.

From the animes you have , I would recommend watching One punchman
Tokyo Ghoul (If you are okay with violence)
Sword art online

I think i'll recommend your anime's as well (One Punch Man, Tokyo Ghoul, Sword Art Online, Death Note are great animes!), Also i don't like Boruto as well :joy:.

Oh if you don't understand i have watched all of them!

Greninjauzumaki

pika pika
I think i'll recommend your anime's as well (One Punch Man, Tokyo Ghoul, Sword Art Online, Death Note are great animes!), Also i don't like Boruto as well :joy:.

Oh if you don't understand i have watched all of them!

Oh sorry I didn't read that part.My bad.

Then I think you should watch Attack on Titan (not sure if the Japaneese name is in your list)
I haven't watched it myself but my friends told me that it is pretty good.
And if you are into romance, I would recommend "A town where you live." It is the only romantic anime I watched so I really can't say if it is the best but it is good in general.

Luka S.J.

Wastage of Time
  • Koe no Katachi
  • Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
  • AnoHana
  • One Punch Man
  • Boku no Hero Academia
  • Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
  • Haikyuu!!
  • Shingeki no Kyojin
  • Steins;Gate
  • Hunter x Hunter
  • Fate/Zero
  • Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works
  • Oregairu
  • Baccano!
  • Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai
  • Shokugeki no Souma
  • Boku dake ga Inai Machi
  • Made in Abyss
  • Ballroom e Youkoso

Let me know when you need more fam!

Dragonite

Have they found the One Piece yet?
I'm a One Piece . . . fanboy . . . trash . . . whatever you call us (like my signature?), although I haven't kept up with it in a few months. I also keep telling myself that I'm going to watch things like One Punch Man and Death Note and the other things that people seem to like. Some day I'm going to make a One Piece fan game, since all of the One Piece fan games are either Romance Dawn or a fighter or whatever Unlimited World Red is supposed to be.

Oh, and Madoka was good, but that doesn't count because I think everyone's seen Madoka.

Worth mentioning that I've also seen a few seasons of Pokémon and Naruto, and liked fairly little of it :|

xUMG

Hoho-oh?
I'm a One Piece . . . fanboy . . . trash . . . whatever you call us (like my signature?), although I haven't kept up with it in a few months. I also keep telling myself that I'm going to watch things like One Punch Man and Death Note and the other things that people seem to like. Some day I'm going to make a One Piece fan game, since all of the One Piece fan games are either Romance Dawn or a fighter or whatever Unlimited World Red is supposed to be.

Oh, and Madoka was good, but that doesn't count because I think everyone's seen Madoka.

Worth mentioning that I've also seen a few seasons of Pokémon and Naruto, and liked fairly little of it :|

Creating a fan-game based on anime huh? I have thinke'd of it my self a little but i kinda think it'll be hard to make it unique and a little similar to the original seiries.
I think after i finish Hunter x Hunter i'm gonna watch One Piece (I stopped watching it in the tv series), Madoka haven't watched it yet but i hear it's a good anime.

Also i can see what you did with your signature.

Oh sorry I didn't read that part.My bad.

Then I think you should watch Attack on Titan (not sure if the Japaneese name is in your list)
I haven't watched it myself but my friends told me that it is pretty good.
And if you are into romance, I would recommend "A town where you live." It is the only romantic anime I watched so I really can't say if it is the best but it is good in general.

I also have watched Attack on Titan

Last edited:

Dragonite

Have they found the One Piece yet?
Can't speak for other anime, really, but since One Piece is firstly about exploring the world and secondly about shelling everything in sight with fists of rubber, I sort of figure it would lend itself fairly well to the action/adventure genre. Probably won't actually do it until I properly learn how to use Unreal or something, though, if ever.

Anyway, One Piece is a bit of a time investment and if you're not careful Madoka will rip your heart out and eat it for breakfast, you have been warned. :D

D

Deleted member 1628

I've watched a handful of anime. I really liked Steins;Gate and Ghost in the Shell (1995 film), Psycho-Pass, The Devil is a Part Timer, and a couple others. But I'm not too big into anime, but I do watch some from time to time.

xUMG

Hoho-oh?
've watched a handful of anime. I really liked Steins;Gate and Ghost in the Shell (1995 film), Psycho-Pass, The Devil is a Part Timer, and a couple others. But I'm not too big into anime, but I do watch some from time to time.

Thanks for that! The Devil is a Part Timer is a great one to watch i will try to watch the others that you've said.

D

Deleted member 1628

Thanks for that! The Devil is a Part Timer is a great one to watch i will try to watch the others that you've said.

The Devil is a Part-Timer is one of my favorites. A comedy about Satan working at McDonald's. Also has some decent action scenes as well. What's not to love?

Steins;Gate starts out kind of slow and be a bit hard to get into. Half way it really starts picking up. But it's another favorite of mine.

Ghost in the Shell was a really good cyberpunk movie that some other films like The Matrix drew inspiration from it.

Psycho-Pass is sort of similar to Ghost in the Shell in that it's about cops in a future, cyberpunk world. It's by the same studio as well.

I usually like to watch stuff with sci-fi elements and plenty of action.

Kawaiiski

Starving Bittersweet Artist
HAH! Anime. Don't get me started. I have a whole separate HDD (don't tell anyone shhhh) full of said Anime (along with other shows), I'm probably obsessed. I only talked briefly about my favorite Anime series so far, Black Jack. (Aaand by that I mean I rambled about it in the Discord chat for, like, a whole sentence) but there's others that I like, as well. Here's the entire list of Anime I have RN;

- Arslan Senki
- Atom: The Beginning
- Ayakashi Japanese Classic Horror/Mononoke
- Black Jack Series
- Boku no Hero Academia
- Bungou Stray Dogs
- Buso Renkin
- Death Parade
- Detroit Metal City
- Free! Series
- Fullmetal Alchemist/Brotherhood
- Haikyuu!!
- Hikaru no Go
- Hoozuki no Reitestu
- Hunter X Hunter Series
- Jungle wa Istumono Hare nochi Guu
- Kekkai Sensen/Beyond
- Kill la Kill
- Kono Danshi, Uchuujin to Tatakaemasu
- Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
- Little Witch Academia
- Magi (The Kingdom of Magic/The Labyrinth of Magic/Sinbad no Bouken)
- Michiko to Hatchin
- Mob Psycho 100
- Natsume Yuujinchou Series
- Noragami
- One-Punch Man
- Osomatsu-San
- Persona 4 the Animation
- Pokemon Sun & Moon/Other Series
- Shaman King
- Attack on Titan
- Soul Eater
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
- The Seven Deadly Sins
- Tiger & Bunny
- Trigun
- Tsuritama
- Vatican Kiseki Chousakan
- Yowamushi Petal
- Yuri!!! On Ice

And that's the entire list, with MAYBE one or two exceptions? :scream: Anyhow~ I have some general rules for what I keep and what I don't keep, etc. 1) It has to be good, or at the very least, entertaining. 2) Even if I've only watched it once, I may watch it again, even if it wasn't as good. (I.E. Yowamushi Petal or The Seven Deadly Sins) 3) Rare finds stay, for the most part. (I.E. Mononoke, Hare nochi Guu, and Hikaru no Go is a pain in the ass to find, Hare nochi Guu and Michiko to Hatchin aren't even finished because those episodes are quite possibly erased from existence.) 4) I may just hold onto some because another season might be promised, but never delivered. (I.E. One-Punch Man or Noragami.) In general, I keep things tidy and sometimes I download something and watch it to find I didn't like it as much months later. (I.E. Overlord.) In general, I like Slice-of-Life (mainly Sports), Slice-of-Life with Fantasy elements, and High Fantasy.

xUMG

Hoho-oh?
HAH! Anime. Don't get me started. I have a whole separate HDD (don't tell anyone shhhh) full of said Anime (along with other shows), I'm probably obsessed. I only talked briefly about my favorite Anime series so far, Black Jack. (Aaand by that I mean I rambled about it in the Discord chat for, like, a whole sentence) but there's others that I like, as well. Here's the entire list of Anime I have RN;

Spoiler: Animus Toggle Spoiler - Arslan Senki
- Atom: The Beginning
- Ayakashi Japanese Classic Horror/Mononoke
- Black Jack Series
- Boku no Hero Academia
- Bungou Stray Dogs
- Buso Renkin
- Death Parade
- Detroit Metal City
- Free! Series
- Fullmetal Alchemist/Brotherhood
- Haikyuu!!
- Hikaru no Go
- Hoozuki no Reitestu
- Hunter X Hunter Series
- Jungle wa Istumono Hare nochi Guu
- Kekkai Sensen/Beyond
- Kill la Kill
- Kono Danshi, Uchuujin to Tatakaemasu
- Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
- Little Witch Academia
- Magi (The Kingdom of Magic/The Labyrinth of Magic/Sinbad no Bouken)
- Michiko to Hatchin
- Mob Psycho 100
- Natsume Yuujinchou Series
- Noragami
- One-Punch Man
- Osomatsu-San
- Persona 4 the Animation
- Pokemon Sun & Moon/Other Series
- Shaman King
- Attack on Titan
- Soul Eater
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
- The Seven Deadly Sins
- Tiger & Bunny
- Trigun
- Tsuritama
- Vatican Kiseki Chousakan
- Yowamushi Petal
- Yuri!!! On Ice
And that's the entire list, with MAYBE one or two exceptions? :scream: Anyhow~ I have some general rules for what I keep and what I don't keep, etc. 1) It has to be good, or at the very least, entertaining. 2) Even if I've only watched it once, I may watch it again, even if it wasn't as good. (I.E. Yowamushi Petal or The Seven Deadly Sins) 3) Rare finds stay, for the most part. (I.E. Mononoke, Hare nochi Guu, and Hikaru no Go is a pain in the ass to find, Hare nochi Guu and Michiko to Hatchin aren't even finished because those episodes are quite possibly erased from existence.) 4) I may just hold onto some because another season might be promised, but never delivered. (I.E. One-Punch Man or Noragami.) In general, I keep things tidy and sometimes I download something and watch it to find I didn't like it as much months later. (I.E. Overlord.) In general, I like Slice-of-Life (mainly Sports), Slice-of-Life with Fantasy elements, and High Fantasy.

I wouldn't even get You started, in animes (haha). I stopped watching anime cuz i have school and developing work to do, I plan to continue watching this summer, Once school stuff is done, But apart from that, Most of your rules i do keep in mind aswell.

Last edited:

Yodelhoo

Catching wall bugs
Konosuba is a pretty good comedy/isekai anime. Somehow I managed to enjoy every episode (very hard to get that in my case) and the characters have very..."unique" characteristics. Anyway, definitely recommend this, can find it on Animelab.

Anime Watcher

dabbling in game design
Pokemon

Pokemon Chronicles
This season, or spin off?, didn't follow the usual Pokemon formula, and a lot of the episodes didn't even focus on Ash (in fact, was Ash even in this series?). There are episodes with only Pokemon, no humans, and at least two episodes focusing on Team Rocket's Jessie, James, and Meowth, without Ash and co. getting involved (one where they end up saving the day and the other recounting their days as Team Rocket grunts training to be field agents). There are also a few that feature Butch and Cassidy as the main villains outside of our main Team Rocket trio's shadow, and this time Richie, Tracey, and Professor Oak get to shine as the heroes who beat the bad guys...

Any episodes of the Pokemon anime that break the usual formula, like...

Episodes where Team Rocket have a different role...either they're playing hero, hapless victims, or, for some reason, they're oddly more competent

Holy Matrimony (and the other episode that fouses on James' grandparents)
Go West, Young Meowth (Meowth recounts his time in Hollywood and ends up facing a gang of angry Meowths)
Meowth Rules (Meowth gets mistaken for a mystical Meowth that can grant good luck)
Pikachu Revolts (where Jessie and James help Ash get the Pokemon back to save Meowth)
The Electrike Company (where James and Meowth actually help Ash help train an Electrike, and even help defeat Jessie when she attacks)
The episode where a Frostlass kidnaps Meowth and Jessie and James help Ash rescue his Pokemon to get Meowth back.
Wabbo-Palooza (the episode where Team Rocket beat up a bike gang who beats up Wobbofet)
The Cave of Mirrors episode (where we learn there's a good guy version of Team Rocket!)
The episode where Jessie and James try to steal an Articuno and fail spectacularly!
Borrowing on Bad Faith (the episode where Jessie gets Ash to lend him his Aipom--at this point they know she's participating in Pokemon contests)
Team Rocket's Shocking Recruit (the episode where Emolga pretends to join Team Rocket)
That episode where Meowth helps out a man who tries to communicate with Pokemon.

Those are the ones that come to mind; there are many others.

Episodes that are mainly Pokemon...

Island of the Giant Pokemon
Bound for Trouble
Frenzied Factory Fiasco

There are many others; Google for the rest!

Now, for the non-Pokemon recommendations...

Death Note is definitely recommended. The anime version is a whole lot better than its movie adaptation.

The weird anime entitled "That Time I was Reincarnated as Slime" is a pretty good one, from what I've seen. There are also some similar ones on Crunchy Roll.

Sword Art Online starts out decent, and I think the first few episodes, where they're still trapped in the first game and fighting for their lives, might be worth viewing.

BlackCatOfMisfortune

Developer on Pokémon Labyrinth
ahhh Anime these are what true fan bases are built on
Here are some of my recommendations
A Silent Voice
Assassination Classroom
Bakuman
Beyond The Boundary
Black Clover
Blood Blockade Battlefront
Bungo Stray Dogs
DanMachi
Deltora Quest (sub is better)
Kobiyashi Dragon Maid
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Noragami
Re:Zero (Not for the faint hearted)
Rising of the Shield Hero
Toradora
Wotakoi
Yamada-kun to 7 non no majo
Enjoy!!

WolfShadowWhisper

Just a wolf that loves the shadows on a hot day :)
I love anime and sometimes watch anime 'off the mainstream path'. My recommendations should you choose to watch are:

- Death Parade
- Isekai Izakaya - Koto Aitheria no Izakaya Nobu
- Isekai Shokudou
- Jigoku Shoujo
- Kino no Tabi
- Mushishi
- Shiki
- Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou
- Spice and Wolf
- Toriko
- Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle
- xxxHolic

I have more obvious favourites too like Pokemon, One Piece, Sword Art Online and such but the anime mentioned above might be rare gems worth exploring.

Back