• The Eevee Expo Game Jam #10 has concluded, congratulations to all participants! Now it's time for the judges to play through the games, and you can play along to vote who deserves the community choice spotlight.
    You can check out the submitted games here!
    Play through the games and provide some feedback to the devs while you're at it!
  • Hi, Guest!
    Some images might be missing as we move away from using embedded images, sorry for the mess!
    From now on, you'll be required to use a third party to host images. You can learn how to add images here, and if your thread is missing images you can request them here.
    Do not use Discord to host any images you post, these links expire quickly!

In Development Pokémon Loyalty Version

This project is a work in progress. The content is subject to change, and not finished yet.
Introduction

(Seems like everyone's posting their game threads nowadays - might as well jump on the bandwagon)

Pokemon Loyalty started off as just another simple, unimpressive fan-game project. But now, two years later, well, it's still kinda simple and unimpressive. But it's a simplicity and unimpressiveness that we're proud of. We're not trying to be like the other fan-games that are focused on putting in a ton of flashy features - we're more focused on actually making the game. We don't want this to be some huge blockbuster game - we just want this to be a bit of a fun little experience.

Progress

04/07/2017 : Things are a bit slow, considering we are on a bit of a break, and after that we still have to rework a lot of what's already been done. And we might be working on a bit of a side-project, too, so I wouldn't expect to see anything new regarding Loyalty over the next couple of weeks.

Download Link

There's not one. Yet. There used to be, but that's a really old version that's really out of date.

Story

You are a young sixteen year old from Saraii Town who is taking their first steps into the world of Pokemon at the same time as your life-long friends Kelsey and her twin brother Keith. As you embark on your grand adventure across the beautiful Ralleh region, you'll meet interesting people and explore interesting places. You'll face off against the feared Black Hat Organization and encounter the highly respected White Glove Organiztion. You'll uncover many secrets and solve mysteries to shine a new light on the circumstances. You'll be asked many difficult questions, and must ultimately decide where your loyalty lies...

Screenshots

cwXIpOE.png

Features

-721 Pokemon! They're all available... sorta. Not all Pokemon are programmed into the wild (I'm not stupid enough to cram them all in), but there is an offline trade feature (see below) that can, potentially with patience, allow you to get any of the Gen I - Gen VI Pokemon.

-Offline Trade Function! A simple edit of Luka S.J.'s Trade Expert Script, the ATLAS system available in every Pokemon Center will allow you the opportunity to have some new and more diverse teams than what is normally accessible!

-Multiple Saves! Thanks to the work of Mej71, those dedicated players who actually liked the game enough to go back a second time! Now they can do things differently without having to lose all their previous progress.

-Custom Tunes! Courtesy of co-dev Raiden, Loyalty will feature unique music, to hopefully make it a bit more enjoyable. We hope to showcase of of that music soon.

Development Team

-Raiden : Composer, Sound Effects Guy,
-SpartaLazor : The other guy.

Credits

========================
Synthetic Pokemon Sprites
========================
-bearintheair

========================
Trade Expert Script
========================
-Luka SJ

========================
Gen V Sprites
========================
-The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=267728

========================
Gen VI Sprites + Megas
========================
-http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=314422

========================
Smogon XY Sprite Project
========================
---Mega Latios
---Primal Groudon
---Mega Blaziken
---Mega Metagross
---Mega Aggron

========================
Gen VI Icons
========================
-Pikachumazzinga
-Alaguesia

========================
Gen VI Cries
========================
-Worldslayer608

========================
Gen VI Overworlds + Mega Gallade
========================
-princess-pheonix
-LunarDusk (shiny OW)

========================
GenI-V Overworlds
========================
-Neo-Spriteman
-MissingLukey
-help-14
-Kymoyonian
-cSc-A7X
-2and2makes5
-Pokegirl4ever
-Fernandojl
-Silver-Skies
-TyranitarDark
-Getsuei-H
-Kid1513
-Milomilotic11
-Kyt666
-kdiamo11
-Chocosrawlooid
-Syledude
-Gallanty
-Gizamimi-Pichu
-Zyon17

========================
Multiple Save Files Script
========================
-mej71

========================
Challenge Modes Script
========================
-mej71
-JV

========================
Follower Pokemon Script
========================
-mej71
-Help-14
-zingzags
-Rayd12smitty
-venom12

========================
Sky Battle/Inverse Battle Script
========================
-mej71

========================
Tilesets
========================
-The-Red-Ex
-ThatsSoWitty
-Kyle-Dove
-Speedialga
-Spacemotion
-Alucus
-Pokemon-Diamond
-Kizemaru-Kurunosuke
-EpicDay
-Thurpok
-UltimoSpriter
-iametrine
-Minorthreat0987
-TyranitarDark
-Heavy-Metal-Lover
-KKKaito
-WesleyFG
-BoOmxBiG
-EternalTakai
-Hek-el-grande

========================
Pokemon Loyatly Logo
========================
-Fakemon123

========================
Diamond/Pearl Item Icons
========================
-KillerAslox

========================
Lava Tiles
========================
-Derxwna Kapsyla

========================
Additional Music Source:
========================
-http://downloads.khinsider.com/pokemon
Additional Music Used
-The Crater of the Lake (Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Super Music Collection -- Crater of the Lake)
---Hitomi Sato, Junichi Masuda
-Carhmicheal's Theme (Pokemon Black and White Super Music Collection -- LAST BATTLE -N^n mix-)
---Junichi Masuda
-Song's End (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity -- One Last Look at Paradise)
---Keisue Ito, Yasuhiro Kawagoe
-Lake Legends (Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Super Music Collection -- Battle! Yuxie, Emurit, & Agnome)
---Hitomi Sato, Junichi Masuda
-Waves (Pokemon Black and White Supplemental Tracks)
---Game Freak

========================
Day/Night Tones
========================
-Deouen

========================
Litten Sprites
========================
-KleinStudio
-Siraquakip

========================
Overworld Shadows
========================
-KleinStudio

========================
Level Balancing Script
========================
-Umbra
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=328441

Last edited:

doof

banished doof
I can't wait for the download link to become avalible~

Unfortunately, it's going to be a bit of time before we get to that point. As I stated above, we're on a bit of a break, and then we have to finish reworking what's already there, and even then we'll probably be working on a side project as well. We aim to have something out by the end of the year, if not sooner. But still, I appreciate your enthusiasm as we look forward to showing off all the things we've been working toward!

spaceshipearth

Rookie
Unfortunately, it's going to be a bit of time before we get to that point. As I stated above, we're on a bit of a break, and then we have to finish reworking what's already there, and even then we'll probably be working on a side project as well. We aim to have something out by the end of the year, if not sooner. But still, I appreciate your enthusiasm as we look forward to showing off all the things we've been working toward!

I am sure that it will be worth the wait

Rhyden

Shuckle Kheen
I was going to post a jukebox of sorts for this somewhere in the future but I might as well put it here for easy access. Gonna link some songs from Soundcloud here later. Or not. We'll see.

FloofyPanthar

Gen 5 Guru
Hilarious game, love the jokes, but I think you might have to watch out for your following pokemon. It looks like houndoom is standing on the floor and desk at the same time in one picture; which takes the magic out of the psudo-3dness of the game, you get what I saying?

doof

banished doof
I think you might have to watch out for your following pokemon. It looks like houndoom is standing on the floor and desk at the same time in one picture; which takes the magic out of the psudo-3dness of the game, you get what I saying?

I mean yeah, I see what you're talking about. But I really don't see that as much of an issue. That's just the size of the sprite. Sometimes they're a bit too big and overlap the tiles in certain places. Wailord and a lot of the other large Pokemon do the same thing, and usually on a much more notable scale. I don't really see much of a way to fix this other than to either remap a lot of maps, or alter the scripting some, both of which would be tedious for something that's not a big deal in the end run. It's a bit off, for sure, but it doesn't really affect gameplay that much, and I doubt it'll really ruin someone's game experience.

Djaco75

MasterMind
Wow! It looks really good so far. Just a couple of things that caught my mind.

Things I Like:
  • The fact you're not focusing on the features, but on the actual game. I think this will make the game superior to those who cram in heaps of features.
  • The offline trade system looks really cool. I hope to see it implemented in some other fan games coming up, too.
  • The maps are really detailed and look really engaging to the player.
  • The shading of the Battle UI command box looks impressive. I feel like it suits the theme too.

Thinks That, In My Opinion, Could Be Improved:
  • It might just be the shading here, but the tilesets look a tiny bit different from each other. The PokeCentre looks more pixelated than the other maps, which looks inconsistent. A very small issue, but still.
  • This is just my own opinion, but the language used in the Pokemon Centre is a tiny bit crude. While we here at Relic Castle are used to it, there could be younger kids that the game is passed to who will hear that language. Another very small issue.

Overall, it looks really well done so far. I know you've been moving slowly, but that's OK considering the amount of work you put into it. I can't wait to see this game develop as the year goes on.

Good Luck!

doof

banished doof
Overall, it looks really well done so far. I know you've been moving slowly, but that's OK considering the amount of work you put into it. I can't wait to see this game develop as the year goes on. Good Luck!

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for taking some time to offer feedback.

I've never really noticed the thing about the tilesets, but I'll keep an eye out for it. I am the one who's done most of the tilesetting thus far, so I easily might have screwed something up. I'll take a peek next time I get a chance to look at the files.

As for the language, I get that. It is a bit crude, and I was hesitant when I first wrote it, but I decided to stick with it. But I did also make the conscious decision not to go overboard on swear words - I use them very, very, very sparingly, and I never use anything worse that 'damn' or 'hell'. My rule is to never go beyond those two words. I'll definitely keep it in consideration going forward, and I will change it if need be.

And, on a smaller side note, you might not see too much progress as the year goes on - we're kinda working on a new project and we are planning some huge changes for Loyalty in the future, so it might be a while before we show off anything new.

Back